Windows 10: Windows 10 lost username/password

Discus and support Windows 10 lost username/password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; A friend died, and his mother is asking my wife to gain access into his laptop. We think it would be running Win 10. It was new in late, 2016. Do I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by needsleep, Mar 18, 2019.

1. needsleep Win User

Windows 10 lost username/password

A friend died, and his mother is asking my wife to gain access into his laptop. We think it would be running Win 10. It was new in late, 2016.

Do I work with Microsoft directly on this, or can you advise?

Thanks,

:)

needsleep, Mar 18, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 18, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Family Tree Legends - forgotten username/password

Hi Sara,

We would like to know more about the issue. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Can you give us the screenshot of the dialog box that ask for username and password?
    • Are you able to view the files that are available on your USB?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 lost username/password - Similar Threads - lost username password

2. Lost sign in credentials, username and password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost sign in credentials, username and password: Windows 10 sign in screen, asking for a new password and I don’t have the old one. I also do not have the username associated with my account.This was set up for me so as not to need login credentials. How to reestablish login credentials with my account?Windows 10New dell...
  3. Lost sign in credentials, username and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost sign in credentials, username and password: Windows 10 sign in screen, asking for a new password and I don’t have the old one. I also do not have the username associated with my account.This was set up for me so as not to need login credentials. How to reestablish login credentials with my account?Windows 10New dell...
  4. Lost sign in credentials, username and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. usernames and passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    usernames and passwords: how do i access all my usernames and passwords. I had them written down but lost them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usernames-and-passwords/62585e2c-7c94-4fa2-98fe-5755f3f02907
  6. Lost admin username and password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost admin username and password: I seem to have inadvertantly deleted my Admin username and password and am now unable to unable to uninstall any programs, log in to system restore or to re-set my computer. Attempting to do any of these produces the message "you do not have permission to uninstall/use this...
  7. Lost Username

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost Username: Hello. I have Windows 10 Pro laptop and for some reason, the login screen just shows Other User and asks for username and password. It used to show the username and I just had to enter the password. I never bothered to note it down. I have the password and not the username....
  8. Windows 10 "Incorrect username or password"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 "Incorrect username or password": Hi hi, I recently had my computer (An Acer Aspire E5-576) blue screen (Critical Process Died error) and ever since then I haven't been able to log in to my computer when it starts. I had used a pin number before but after the crash it will only let me enter a password,...
  9. Help! Lost mapping to username on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help! Lost mapping to username on windows 10: Heya, I was trying to change my C:Drive username name coz it was doing my head in.... Followed instructions to go to netplwiz and amend the username to what I want it to say...but instead of just changing the name its deleted me as a user...and I was the only one so I can...
  10. Windows 10 - No Field for Password and/or Username

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 - No Field for Password and/or Username: Hello, My organization has been having an issue for a few months now where a user will try to unlock their Windows 10 computer but no field populates to enter their password. Sometimes the username will appear, other times nothing will appear. On the lock screen you can...