Windows 10: Windows 10 ltsb All General users get this message "Your account is configured to prevent...

Discus and support Windows 10 ltsb All General users get this message "Your account is configured to prevent... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a peer to peer lan networked single Windows 10 LTSB system, no active directory. Admin users can login. General users receive the message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GeneRye, May 19, 2020.

1. GeneRye Win User

Windows 10 ltsb All General users get this message "Your account is configured to prevent...

I have a peer to peer lan networked single Windows 10 LTSB system, no active directory. Admin users can login. General users receive the message "Your account is configured to prevent you from using this computer". I have created new accounts and it is persistent. I did remove a setting in the registry for CrashOnAuditFail and that worked in the past, however after some cumulative updates, that registry setting no longer exists, yet I still have the persistent problem with general user not being able to login. What else can be preventing general users from logging in while still allowing admin users access?

:)

GeneRye, May 19, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 ltsb  All General users get this message  "Your account is configured to prevent... :(

Zakin, May 19, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, May 19, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 ltsb All General users get this message "Your account is configured to prevent...

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 ltsb All General users get this message "Your account is configured to prevent... - Similar Threads - ltsb General users

2. Can bogus Your Phone error messages be prevented?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can bogus Your Phone error messages be prevented?: Your Phone would be SO great if I could JUST get rid of these infuriating messages:“Check that both of your devices are nearby, turned on, and connected to the same Wi-Fi network” … “Wait a bit, then try again.” … even for Microsoft, these messages are sub-minimalist and 100%...
  3. Fix your account message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fix your account message: Several times a day I get a Need to Fix your account message that requires my user name and password which when I provide it I am told the problem is fixed. And then it happens again. I must use my passwords for all apps even if I checked the "save password" box. What can...
  4. Windows 10 games on all user's accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 games on all user's accounts: I purchased Forza Horizon 4 and installed it on my account. I can't figure out how to play the game at all on my children's accounts. I was hoping they would be able to start the game over on each of their accounts and have their own profile. Is this not possible?...
  5. Windows 10 LTSB Language Packs do not install for all users

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 LTSB Language Packs do not install for all users: I install and test the language packs before backing up an image for the machines used in one of our labs but they are only available on the local administrator account that I build the image on. Any new users that log into the machine have to install the language packs for...
  6. Getting error message: We can't sign into your account ...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Getting error message: We can't sign into your account ...: Win 10 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.472). Something happened to my other computer. This morning my Dell laptop took 15 mins to boot and the desktop is completely changed. I keep a lot of important documents on the desktop and these folders are all gone, there is only an Edge...
  7. Getting error message: We can't sign into your account ...

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting error message: We can't sign into your account ...: Win 10 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.472). Something happened to my other computer. This morning my Dell laptop took 15 mins to boot and the desktop is completely changed. I keep a lot of important documents on the desktop and these folders are all gone, there is only an Edge...
  8. how to get windows 10 ltsb ???

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to get windows 10 ltsb ???: I come across a version of windows 10 I do like very much because there is not cortana or edge preinstalled basically is just the core of windows 10 without all the telemetry and mandatory snooping so everyone tell you that cortana is part of windows 10 core and cannot...
  9. "Don't get locked out of your account" message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Don't get locked out of your account" message: I keep getting these notifications. Why would I get locked out of my MS Account? Nothing has changed. Is this a phishing thing?...
  10. General-purpose Surface devices running LTSB Windows 10 not supported

in Windows 10 News
    General-purpose Surface devices running LTSB Windows 10 not supported: Microsoft won't support general-purpose Surface devices running the Long Term Servicing Branch (LTSB) of Windows 10. [img] Credit: Microsoft Microsoft posted this information on its Technet site on October 21. When I asked whether this was a new policy, a company...