Windows 10: Windows 10 LTSC upgrade using command prompt

Discus and support Windows 10 LTSC upgrade using command prompt in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,Im trying to create a windows 10 upgrade deployment using command line options for windows setup. The issue is the install wont go through when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RS0087, Jan 14, 2022.

1. RS0087 Win User

Windows 10 LTSC upgrade using command prompt

Hello,Im trying to create a windows 10 upgrade deployment using command line options for windows setup. The issue is the install wont go through when its deployed because it gets stuck at the select and image to install part. Here is what i have for the command line:"C:\WindowsUpdates\LTSC 21H2\setup.exe" /auto upgrade /quiet /noreboot /DynamicUpdate disable /ShowOOBE none /Compat IgnoreWarning /Telemetry DisableI took the \quiet out to see why the upgrade wouldnt continue and it gets stuck at this screen:is there a command line option that will skip this? Thank you for your help!

:)

RS0087, Jan 14, 2022
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jan 14, 2022
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

4. Windows 10 LTSC upgrade using command prompt

Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 LTSC upgrade using command prompt

1. Windows 10 LTSC upgrade using command prompt - Similar Threads - LTSC upgrade using

2. Command prompt lost many useful commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompt lost many useful commands: Hi thereCMD on my Windows 10 PC has lost many useful commands.If I type dir it lists files in the current directory. It also responds correctly to cd, copy, eraseBut most other commands are lost. For example, help gives this response:'help' is not recognized as an internal or...
  3. Command prompt lost many useful commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command prompt lost many useful commands: Hi thereCMD on my Windows 10 PC has lost many useful commands.If I type dir it lists files in the current directory. It also responds correctly to cd, copy, eraseBut most other commands are lost. For example, help gives this response:'help' is not recognized as an internal or...
  4. Command prompt lost many useful commands

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 LTSC upgrade using command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 LTSC upgrade using command prompt: Hello,Im trying to create a windows 10 upgrade deployment using command line options for windows setup. The issue is the install wont go through when its deployed because it gets stuck at the select and image to install part. Here is what i have for the command...
  6. Windows 10 LTSC upgrade using command prompt

Windows 10 LTSC upgrade using command prompt: Hello,Im trying to create a windows 10 upgrade deployment using command line options for windows setup. The issue is the install wont go through when its deployed because it gets stuck at the select and image to install part. Here is what i have for the command...
  7. Help with run command using the command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help with run command using the command prompt: Hello, I have a question regarding running a batch file using a command prompt. My batch file is in my directory. I change directory to where my batch file is located at , and run the batch file as shown in my example. But I got an error saying a run is not recognized...
  8. Using command prompt to backup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Using command prompt to backup: Hello My computer has crashed and is not loading past the blue screen but it does give me advanced options to go onto the command prompt. I am wondering if there is a way from command prompt, to back up all my files on my PC hard drive to my one drive also on the pc or if...
  9. Cant use Command Prompt

Cant use Command Prompt: So as you can see in the SECOND photo below those are my Enviromental Variables. I cant use my Command Prompt for anything not even to verify app versions. For some odd reason its configured to a 32 bit system and a OpenSSh. I dont know what it means and I suspect its the...
  10. Search using the Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Search using the Command Prompt: Hi - I need a bit of help but it cannot be too technical as I don't understand half of what I read in these threads*Confused My computer will not boot into Windows 10 (10.0.18302.356) but it does get so far as a Recovery Screen which tells me that a critical system driver is...