Windows 10: Windows 10 (Mac user, new to PC)

Discus and support Windows 10 (Mac user, new to PC) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, so I’ve built a PC after being a Mac user for 10+ years, I can get into the Bios fine, Windows 10 install through USB, BUT after about a minute of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BJO99, Mar 16, 2020.

1. BJO99 Win User

Windows 10 (Mac user, new to PC)

Hi, so I’ve built a PC after being a Mac user for 10+ years, I can get into the Bios fine, Windows 10 install through USB, BUT after about a minute of being in Windows the computer sort of resets and I lose signal on my monitor.

In the BIOS Everything is working fine... I’m a bit stumped - if anyone could help me that’d be great!

:)

BJO99, Mar 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 16, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Mar 16, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 (Mac user, new to PC) - Similar Threads - Mac user

2. MAC user can't open an important Word doc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MAC user can't open an important Word doc: MAC user can't open an important Word doc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mac-user-cant-open-an-important-word-doc/f97c363f-45b6-4899-9eaf-3641ed1fc360
  3. MAC user can't open an important Word doc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MAC user can't open an important Word doc: MAC user can't open an important Word doc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mac-user-cant-open-an-important-word-doc/f97c363f-45b6-4899-9eaf-3641ed1fc360
  4. Log in to Active Directory Users & Computers on Windows 11 on ARM on Mac on Parallels

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Log in to Active Directory Users & Computers on Windows 11 on ARM on Mac on Parallels: Hello. I have Windows 11 for ARM installed on my M1 iMac using Parallels. I need to access Active Directory Users and Computers on that machine using a different username than the one I'm using on my Mac. Is there a way to do that? When I shift+right click on Active...
  5. Log in to Active Directory Users & Computers on Windows 11 on ARM on Mac on Parallels

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Log in to Active Directory Users & Computers on Windows 11 on ARM on Mac on Parallels: Hello. I have Windows 11 for ARM installed on my M1 iMac using Parallels. I need to access Active Directory Users and Computers on that machine using a different username than the one I'm using on my Mac. Is there a way to do that? When I shift+right click on Active...
  6. Mac user new to Windows: Searching for menu items?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mac user new to Windows: Searching for menu items?: I'm using Adobe Creative Suite programs on Windows for the first time. On Mac I was used to being able to use the search bar under the "Help" menu whenever I couldn't remember under which other menu a certain item was. I would type in the name of the item, and the menu to...
  7. Any Mac users here running Windows VM's on Parallels -

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Any Mac users here running Windows VM's on Parallels -: Hi folks I've a colleague who has a mac computer and wants to run Windows VM's on Parallels (that's a sort of well known VM software platform for using on Mac computers -- equivalent to vmware / vbox). Any users here who have experience on this stuff -- I have zero...
  8. I am currently a mac user and have everything ready to upgrade from that to windows on my...

I am currently a mac user and have everything ready to upgrade from that to windows on my...: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/58shhkzvjf661.png?width=300&format=png&auto=webp&s=d85cd97111047ffa71d715b4feb51efd1fa06e90 submitted by /u/IntelligentChoc [link] [comments]...
  9. Mac user switching to Windows for the first time

Mac user switching to Windows for the first time: Hey I’m switching to windows for the first time! Need something I can game and pretty much do everything on without spending 3000$ so I’m getting a decent spec’d gaming laptop. How can I make my windows pc as user friendly as possible any extensions, programs or tips? Also...
  10. Mac user trying to back up his windows for the first time and is unsure what to do, any...

Mac user trying to back up his windows for the first time and is unsure what to do, any...: Hi, so I want to back up my windows PC for the first time, with the plan of installing a fresh version of winodow 10 and then restoring my files back onto this new windows platform. If I do a back up in form of a system image, will that allow me to only restore my files and...