Windows 10: Windows 10 machine can't access shared folder

Discus and support Windows 10 machine can't access shared folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to map a drive with Windows 10, Windows Explorer doesn't see any of the exported network folders. There is nothing under "Network".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HDCase, Feb 27, 2019.

1. HDCase Win User

Windows 10 machine can't access shared folder

When I try to map a drive with Windows 10, Windows Explorer doesn't see any of the exported network folders. There is nothing under "Network". Another Windows 10 laptop I have can map these drives so I know the partitions are shared out properly shared and there are no network issues. I have tried using the IP Address of the remote device and that doesn't help. Is there a technical site somewhere that covers troubleshooting sharing issues. Everything I have found on the net is out dated.

:)

HDCase, Feb 27, 2019
  2. srodar Win User

I have a customer with a peer to peer network. They have just added a Windows 10 Home computer to the network. The new computer shared folders can be accessed by any of the other computers on the network. Additionally the new computer can access shared folders
    on a Windows 7 computer but is not able to access shares on another Windows 8 computer. The Windows 8 computer can access shared folders on the new Windows 10 computer.

Network discovery and file sharing are turned on on all computers. Password protected sharing is turned off. When attempting to see the shared folders on the Window 8 machine from the new Windows 10 machine a prompt asking for a Username and password appears.
    I enter the logged in username from the Window 8 machine and the password that user enters to log on to the Windows 8 machine. Each time it tells me the username or password is incorrect. The shared folders are set for full access by Everyone. The shared folders
    on the Windows 8 machine are easily accessed from the other two computers on the network. I can successfully ping the Windows 8 machine from the new Windows 10 machine.

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding what might be causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

srodar, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, Feb 27, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 machine can't access shared folder - Similar Threads - machine can't access

2. Can't access shared folder on the network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access shared folder on the network: Hello,I'm trying to share a folder in my computer with another computer on my network my computer is Win11, the other Win10. The other computer sees the folder and my computer, but when they try to access it, the following error message is shown: 'You don't have permission to...
  3. Can't access shared folder on the network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access shared folder on the network: Hello,I'm trying to share a folder in my computer with another computer on my network my computer is Win11, the other Win10. The other computer sees the folder and my computer, but when they try to access it, the following error message is shown: 'You don't have permission to...
  4. Can't Access A Share in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't Access A Share in Windows 10: I have two computers, both running Windows 10 and both with the same account info Hotmail address and password. I am able to Remote Desktop into my "server" computer using my Hotmail address and password, but am not able to access its shared folder from my "desktop" computer...
  5. Can't Access A Share in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Access A Share in Windows 10: I have two computers, both running Windows 10 and both with the same account info Hotmail address and password. I am able to Remote Desktop into my "server" computer using my Hotmail address and password, but am not able to access its shared folder from my "desktop" computer...
  6. Can't Access A Share in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. win 10 machine can't access network shares on pdc, intermittent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win 10 machine can't access network shares on pdc, intermittent: I manage a small windows domain for my home/home office. It consists of a PDC running Windows Server 2003 SP1 I know! it's old! etc. and a hand full of computers with fixed private IP addresses 10.x.x.x: 3 Win 10 1 Win 8.1 2 Win 7 1 Win XP My intermittent problem for the past...
  8. Can't access Windows 10 shares

Can't access Windows 10 shares: Hi there. I have a Windows 10 Pro desktop, with several shared folders, for each of which I have configured both my own username and "Everyone" for full access. I have gone through Network sharing and ticked all the boxes that need to be ticked, checked the adaptor settings,...
  9. Can't access to shared folders on Windows10

Can't access to shared folders on Windows10: I can't access to shared folders from my PC. I tried to access on shared also via \\IP\shared but doesn't work. What could be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-to-shared-folders-on-windows10/540f3cf0-f506-42fa-960c-17713ba7b4a2"
  10. Can't remove access to shared folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't remove access to shared folders: Yesterday, I noticed that suddenly my desktop and the my documents folder are shared folders. I have not done this. I have been trying to remove this without succes. RIght clicking the file or folder and go give access to-> remove acces does nothing. It pops up a screen that...