Windows 10: Windows 10, machine embroidery file types jef, pes, dst, etc. ... no application installed

Discus and support Windows 10, machine embroidery file types jef, pes, dst, etc. ... no application installed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a program which displays an image of machine embroidery designs called Gen-Icon. I have used for several years without a problem. Suddenly, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lady Bonita, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10, machine embroidery file types jef, pes, dst, etc. ... no application installed

I have a program which displays an image of machine embroidery designs called Gen-Icon. I have used for several years without a problem. Suddenly, I can execute the program and I get the preview of images ... and details about design.

It seems after a few hours, the files are no longer associated with Gen-Icon program. I went into change the defaults program by file type but when I click on the "+ default program" it tells me there is NO application for this file type.

This is driving me crazy, how can I get this to work. I have an embroidery business and seeing the details of each design is EXTREMELY important.

Bonita

:)

Lady Bonita, Jul 16, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

download .PES machine embroidery

Hi Gwynne,

You will find those Pes files in your Downloads folder - it is just Windows is mixed up and thinks they are media files . ..

Open Windows File Explorer

On the left click the Downloads folder

On the right you will find those Pes files, you can then copy them out of that folder and use hem on your Embroidery software or Embroidery machine . . .

DaveM121, Jul 16, 2020
  3. ElaineIam Win User
    Windows 10, downloading machine embroidery designs with JEF extension

I use the Janome 350 embroidery machine. I have not been able to use any design downloads from the internet sites I use since downloading WINDOWS 10. All worked beautifully in Windows 7: download from website, save to computer, save to USB under Janome
    design file, JEF, transfer onto embroidery machine, JUST FINE.

Due to this issue, I cannot sew/embroider any new designs. When I download I get a message, "how do you want to open this file?" At that point nothing happens to open the file.

I know (found out after downloading Windows 10 and too late to reinstall Windows 7) that reading the 3 digit JEF (or any 3 digit) was a problem, "Something couldn't read something." I have been advised not to re-download Windows 7, but I have my product
    key if MICROSOFT says to do so.

Please help me solve this problem. Exact step by step instructions, directions where to go to get help if needed, and please use simple non-computer language

ElaineIam, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Pengem Win User

Windows 10, machine embroidery file types jef, pes, dst, etc. ... no application installed

download .PES machine embroidery

Why can't I download .PES files for machine embroidery now? I have done it in the past now I just get a message about Windows Media Player

Pengem, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10, machine embroidery file types jef, pes, dst, etc. ... no application installed

1. Windows 10, machine embroidery file types jef, pes, dst, etc. ... no application installed - Similar Threads - machine embroidery file

2. Showing .pes embroidery file thumbnails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Showing .pes embroidery file thumbnails: How do I get thumbnails of .pes designs to show? I have embroidery software that allows this, it's set as my default program when opening the files, but I don't get thumbnails when searching/looking at my catalog of designs. This would be very helpful and allow me to narrow...
  3. Showing .pes embroidery file thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing .pes embroidery file thumbnails: How do I get thumbnails of .pes designs to show? I have embroidery software that allows this, it's set as my default program when opening the files, but I don't get thumbnails when searching/looking at my catalog of designs. This would be very helpful and allow me to narrow...
  4. How do I stop my PES embroidery files from becoming NGS Document files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop my PES embroidery files from becoming NGS Document files?: I have PES embroidery files that show the dot PES extension, but the file Type is listed as NGS Document files. My Brother Dream Machine cannot read these files. I've read other threads about this, but they don't help. Almost everyone points to a program called MyEditor,...
  5. How do I stop my PES embroidery files from becoming NGS Document files?

How do I stop my PES embroidery files from becoming NGS Document files?: I have PES embroidery files that show the dot PES extension, but the file Type is listed as NGS Document files. My Brother Dream Machine cannot read these files. I've read other threads about this, but they don't help. Almost everyone points to a program called MyEditor,...
  6. What is PES file? How to open and view PES file in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    What is PES file? How to open and view PES file in Windows 10?: In this article, I am going to talk about the PES file. What is a PES file and how you can view these files on Windows 10? A file with .pes extension is most probably an embroidery file that stores stitching instructions for sewing machines. It is a computer-aided...
  7. .pes files

.pes files: What app can I associate .pes files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pes-files/de2967a5-dc25-404e-a79c-fca93ba874fc
  8. embroidery files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    embroidery files: I recently purchased a new computer and receive an error of "path too long for most of my files I have downloaded, making these files I have purchased useless. I have tried to shorten the file name but cannot because it is still in zip mode. what can I do?...
  9. download .PES machine embroidery

download .PES machine embroidery: Why can't I download .PES files for machine embroidery now? I have done it in the past now I just get a message about Windows Media Player...
  10. Change default application back to "unknown" for file type of .dst

Change default application back to "unknown" for file type of .dst: I some how changed file type .dst to open with Corel Draw. I need to change it back to unknown application. I am operating with Windows 10. I have tried going through control panel/default programs/ however it forces me to pick an application, no option for "unknown...