Windows 10: Windows 10 machine not shutdown

Discus and support Windows 10 machine not shutdown in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. My acer Nitro-5 an515-52 has shutdown problem. When I shut down my laptop, it undergoes the usual shutdown process, with the blue screen saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/UNICORNDescending, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 machine not shutdown

Hi. My acer Nitro-5 an515-52 has shutdown problem. When I shut down my laptop, it undergoes the usual shutdown process, with the blue screen saying "shutting down" etc. BUT starting from last week, after undergoing the usual shutting down processes, my machine didn't turn off. My screen will go blank, like it is already shutdown, but the machine is still running. I know by the led at the right of the laptop, and by the led keyboard still lighting each time I pressed any button.

I'm not sure it is the updates or something else.

I wanna know if there are others, that experiencing the same problem, and how to fix this.

Thank you in advance.

submitted by /u/UNICORNDescending
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/UNICORNDescending, Oct 26, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Windows 10 machine not shutdown

little cat, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 machine not shutdown

1. Windows 10 machine not shutdown - Similar Threads - machine shutdown

2. Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :...: 0x800f0805 Windows update errorAfter we collected the logs from the Windows machines, like UC Engine/NUCs, we discovered the same error on seven different sites, which is causing weird behavior on these machines and causing user inconvenience,and questioning the reliability...
  3. Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :...: 0x800f0805 Windows update errorAfter we collected the logs from the Windows machines, like UC Engine/NUCs, we discovered the same error on seven different sites, which is causing weird behavior on these machines and causing user inconvenience,and questioning the reliability...
  4. Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Frequent shutdown issue faced by a user on any machine they login. What could be the issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent shutdown issue faced by a user on any machine they login. What could be the issue?: Frequent shutdown issue faced by a user on any machine they login. This issue is not specific to a single machine and happens in any machine they try to login. AD groups memberships seem to be fine with no unusual groups and no logon script that is causing this issue. What...
  6. Frequent shutdown issue faced by a user on any machine they login. What could be the issue?

Frequent shutdown issue faced by a user on any machine they login. What could be the issue?: Frequent shutdown issue faced by a user on any machine they login. This issue is not specific to a single machine and happens in any machine they try to login. AD groups memberships seem to be fine with no unusual groups and no logon script that is causing this issue. What...
  7. Pin timeout due to “repeated shutdowns” makes it impossible to sign in to my machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin timeout due to “repeated shutdowns” makes it impossible to sign in to my machine: I’m incredibly confused by this windows 11 login bug.I’m stuck in an endless loop to login to my windows 11 machine. I would login with my pin, but get the message:“This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different...
  8. Pin timeout due to “repeated shutdowns” makes it impossible to sign in to my machine

Pin timeout due to “repeated shutdowns” makes it impossible to sign in to my machine: I’m incredibly confused by this windows 11 login bug.I’m stuck in an endless loop to login to my windows 11 machine. I would login with my pin, but get the message:“This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different...
  9. how make windows wait until Onedrive finishes syncing and then Shutdown the machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how make windows wait until Onedrive finishes syncing and then Shutdown the machine: I am using Windows 10 Pro version with Onedrive Build 22.248. I use this on virtual machines with Onedrive enabled. Sometimes once the User's session is over they logoff the machines. However if the Onedrive is not finished syncing the users tend to loose the data. Is it...
  10. how make windows wait until Onedrive finishes syncing and then Shutdown the machine

how make windows wait until Onedrive finishes syncing and then Shutdown the machine: I am using Windows 10 Pro version with Onedrive Build 22.248. I use this on virtual machines with Onedrive enabled. Sometimes once the User's session is over they logoff the machines. However if the Onedrive is not finished syncing the users tend to loose the data. Is it...