Windows 10: Windows 10 Machine Stuck on "Pick a Time To Restart"

Discus and support Windows 10 Machine Stuck on "Pick a Time To Restart" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As the title says, when I walked into my office this morning and logged into my computer, it immediately popped up the window that asks you to Restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zac666, Feb 3, 2020.

1. zac666 Win User

Windows 10 Machine Stuck on "Pick a Time To Restart"

As the title says, when I walked into my office this morning and logged into my computer, it immediately popped up the window that asks you to Restart now or pick a time. However, it only gives me a little loading icon for my cursor. This is happening on 4-5 computers in my domain.

I cannot select any of the options in the pop-up window, I cannot ctrl-alt-del my way out of it, I cannot select anything on my desktop or start menu; my only option is to hold the power button on the device itself until the device shuts down. Turning the computer back on got me to a normal desktop, but if this were to happen to one of my users with unsaved work on their computer they would lose all of their work and that is completely unacceptable.

Our devices shouldn't even be downloading updates since our policy is managed by our IT Department. The last round of updates have been finished since the beginning of January, and there have not been any new updates approved on our network or released by our CIO, so this makes the unexpected updates and subsequent complete freezing of our computers even more concerning.

Does Microsoft generally just ignore a company's internal update policy and just push updates whenever they feel they should? If this is the case, how is that acceptable? Our company uses several pieces of software critical for daily operations that have been completely crippled by a Windows 10 update, which is why the updates get tested before pushed to production.

:)

zac666, Feb 3, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 3, 2020
  3. grandekid Win User
    Windows 10 pro will not shutdown or restart. Gets stuck

I tried to shutdown and restart my pc but both times they STUCK! I left it for 15 minutes and still had to force shutdown

grandekid, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Machine Stuck on "Pick a Time To Restart"

windows 10 stuck in restart

Hi,

We still can't identify the possible cause of this Windows 10 stuck during restart issue. For us to assist and isolate it better, kindly answer the following questions:

• What was the last activity you've done on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages or error code?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Machine Stuck on "Pick a Time To Restart"

1. Windows 10 Machine Stuck on "Pick a Time To Restart" - Similar Threads - Machine Stuck Pick

2. Got prompted by windows update about restart and I picked "at a later time" and that later...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got prompted by windows update about restart and I picked "at a later time" and that later...: Go fondle yourself, Microsoft. Give me back my work! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/got-prompted-by-windows-update-about-restart-and-i/6d7bf00a-85e7-41ed-8ca6-7f812ad0a08e
  3. Got prompted by windows update about restart and I picked "at a later time" and that later...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got prompted by windows update about restart and I picked "at a later time" and that later...: Go fondle yourself, Microsoft. Give me back my work! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/got-prompted-by-windows-update-about-restart-and-i/6d7bf00a-85e7-41ed-8ca6-7f812ad0a08e
  4. Got prompted by windows update about restart and I picked "at a later time" and that later...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Virtual machines takes longer time at "restarting" and upon startup stuck at "Windows Recovery"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virtual machines takes longer time at "restarting" and upon startup stuck at "Windows Recovery": Hi MS support, I would appreciate if you can help me investigate this problem. I've been using Google to get this problem fixed but so far mostly steps I followed don't fix the problem. [1] "Restarting" splash screen takes a very long time, I had to force shutdown the VM...
  6. Windows 10 stuck on restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuck on restart: I do not know what is currently happening with my computer at home at the moment. I can work on it with out issue, but I noticed one evening while zooming that the CPU was loud. For whatever reason I didn't pay it much attention again and left the room/office. Upon coming...
  7. launch time machine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    launch time machine: launch time machine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/launch-time-machine/dd684175-6653-4e1c-9a31-e080d34c236c
  8. Windows 10 stuck on the restarting screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 stuck on the restarting screen: Hello, I've had a restarting issue for quite some time now. When I go to restart the machine it gets stuck on the restarting screen for about an hour or so. I'm currently on version 1909 and it's been like this for a few major updates. I've looked at the event viewer for the...
  9. Windows 10 stuck in restart loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuck in restart loop: Last night my computer hit an error and restarted twice, then went back to working fine. Today it worked for about an hour or so, then hit the same error and is now stuck in infinite restart error. Please note I have TRIED MANY TIMES to access safe mode. The closest I got...
  10. Windows 10 stuck on restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 stuck on restart: I restarted my computer, and when it was restarting, it eventually just froze. I’m not sure what I should do. image of windows 10 restarting submitted by /u/man_wif-waluigi-hed [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f5zbk9/windows_10_stuck_on_restart/