Windows 10: Windows 10 machine will not restart or power up until power supply has been cycled since...

Discus and support Windows 10 machine will not restart or power up until power supply has been cycled since... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all, I built a machine about 18 months ago running windows 10 and for some reason anytime I try to restart or wake from sleep/hibernate the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GrantBrennan, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Windows 10 machine will not restart or power up until power supply has been cycled since...

Hi all,

I built a machine about 18 months ago running windows 10 and for some reason anytime I try to restart or wake from sleep/hibernate the machine just sits there with all the lights on but doesnt seem to post.

The machine works just fine providing that you switch the power supply on/off in between shutdowns.

Upon restarting:

Machine fans dont stop/slow

output stops on screens as if its restarting

Power lights on mouse & keyboard go off

Then nothing... its as though it gets half way through the cycle then just halts.

Nothing comes back on, only the fans and lights on the machine itself remain. No activity from the hard disk light that would usually blink on startup.

you can hit the power button to shut it down. When you push the power button to turn it back on the lights briefly blink less than half a second and fans go to start but it then goes back to shutdown state.

Upon shutting down:
    The machine powers down fine.

all lights go off

When you push the power button to turn it back on the lights briefly blink less than half a second and fans go to start but it then goes back to shutdown state.

I have flashed my bios to the latest version fomr my b450m gaming x motherboard.

I have inserted a windows 10 boot usb and reinstalled windows from there. making sure to not keep apps/data and settings.

I have adjusted all power settings in windows and bios but no change :

Do we think this is something windows 10 related or do you think it could be a hardware problem? potentially PSU or motherboard.

any help/advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

:)

GrantBrennan, Apr 11, 2021
  2. Dude Win User
  3. compupix Win User
    Hibernate Requires Hard-Restart (power supply reset)

With this suggestion, I returned my computer to the repair shop that replaced my power supply around 3 weeks ago. They replaced the "new" power supply. Now everything works fine!
    Thanks for everyone's help!

compupix, Apr 11, 2021
  4. jds63 Win User

Windows 10 machine will not restart or power up until power supply has been cycled since...

Lost Power, now PC won't boot. Powers on and clicks.

Hope for sure it is the Power Supply without testing it and the checking the Graphics Card.

jds63, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 machine will not restart or power up until power supply has been cycled since...

1. Windows 10 machine will not restart or power up until power supply has been cycled since... - Similar Threads - machine restart power

2. Power supply problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power supply problem: I get Bsod everyday but i dont get them much i only get bsod like 2-3 times and my pc will work fine,my drivers are all up to date and so is my bios ,my hardware is good but my Power suppy is 4 years and gonna be 5 this april,should i buy a new power supply because i kinda...
  3. Power supply problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power supply problem: I get Bsod everyday but i dont get them much i only get bsod like 2-3 times and my pc will work fine,my drivers are all up to date and so is my bios ,my hardware is good but my Power suppy is 4 years and gonna be 5 this april,should i buy a new power supply because i kinda...
  4. Power supply

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power supply: Hello. I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio. This is an upgrade from my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. In addition to the power supply that came with the Laptop Studio, am I able to use the power cord that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4, or perhaps the...
  5. Power supply

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power supply: Hello. I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio. This is an upgrade from my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. In addition to the power supply that came with the Laptop Studio, am I able to use the power cord that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4, or perhaps the...
  6. Repeated BSOD since power supply failure....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeated BSOD since power supply failure....: So for a couple months now I have been wrestling with frequent BSOD, which include but are not exclusive to KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE/irql_not_less_or_equal/attempted to write to readonly memory and so on. It's pretty clear that it's either RAM or a driver. I have ran...
  7. Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage

in Windows 10 News
    Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage: [ATTACH]When it comes to PC building, one of the most important components is the […] This article Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Power supply noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power supply noise: Guys, I built this PC about 2 years ago. Since about a week or so the power supply in it started making this noise. I'm guessing it's a fan. I tried to record it with my phone: Power Supply Noise by | Free Listening on SoundCloud Any idea if I can repair it without buying a...
  9. ATX power supply

ATX power supply: Hey, I have a ATX powersuply, that making a "tiking" sound i can't lacate what it is. my first though was capacitor. and maybe not. The weird this is it's only sometimes when i power on the computer. any wise ideas? 141087
  10. Power supply problem

Power supply problem: Hi, I recently got a new PSU as my other one blew up. However I seem to be having problems with my new one, where my PC will turn on, Windows will be laggy for about 5 minutes and then computer just shuts itself off. I turn the PC back on, and it barley makes it to the...