Windows 10: Windows 10 machines failing to boot up after latest update

Discus and support Windows 10 machines failing to boot up after latest update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have multiple Windows 10 computers failing to startup after the latest Windows 10 feature update version 1903. I have managed to get the computer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by #BM, Jan 22, 2020.

1. #BM
    #BM Win User

Windows 10 machines failing to boot up after latest update

I have multiple Windows 10 computers failing to startup after the latest Windows 10 feature update version 1903. I have managed to get the computer to start up and can log in after going through the process of uninstalling the latest feature update however when I've checked the update history, it shows that very same update as having installed successfully. What is going on?

:)

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jan 22, 2020
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Windows 10 machines failing to boot up after latest update

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 machines failing to boot up after latest update

1. Windows 10 machines failing to boot up after latest update - Similar Threads - machines failing boot

2. Failed Windows 10 boot up after Oct 2022 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed Windows 10 boot up after Oct 2022 update.: My HP Mini Pavilion Desktop does not complete start up sequence after Oct 2022 Windows 10 update. Key board stuck at Bios intro page after pressing F10 or F12,. Cannot make a choice on the Bios dialogue even the esc key does not function. I have tried the 3 times on off...
  3. Failed Windows 10 boot up after Oct 2022 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed Windows 10 boot up after Oct 2022 update.: My HP Mini Pavilion Desktop does not complete start up sequence after Oct 2022 Windows 10 update. Key board stuck at Bios intro page after pressing F10 or F12,. Cannot make a choice on the Bios dialogue even the esc key does not function. I have tried the 3 times on off...
  4. Failed Windows 10 boot up after Oct 2022 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Inaccessible boot drive after latest update fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inaccessible boot drive after latest update fails: (Windows 10 pro)I started getting the BSOD inaccessible boot drive, so I googled it and most of the answers talked about an update a few years ago that caused it, but nothing recent. I tried a bunch of recovery options and using system restore to go back before the latest...
  6. Windows 10 failed to boot after the update

Windows 10 failed to boot after the update: my windows 10 failed to boot after the update I tried windows automatic repair, and its written "press advance options to try other options to repair your PC, or shut down to turn off your PC. Log file: " yes, the log file is empty I have tried several steps with the...
  7. Latest Windows 10 update corrupted machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Windows 10 update corrupted machine: We did latest update on Tuesday night. When I tried to start computer yesterday, it started with "Preparing Automatic Repair" but it could not auto repair. I've tried many of the options that the diagnostic tools present, but nothing happens no backup or restore point. I’ve...
  8. Machine will not boot following latest Win10 Updates

Machine will not boot following latest Win10 Updates: My son just installed the most recent updates for Win10 64 bit. Now we cannot boot the machine up at all. When power is turned on it gives the following message: [ATTACH] I've gone into the BIOS and changed the boot order to every option and nothing works. It's...
  9. Windows 10 won't boot after latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't boot after latest update: I have a laptop that applied the 1803 update yesterday. After it got done, it came up to a screen asking what language keyboard to use. After clicking US, it came up to the Recovery screen with the options for Continue (Exit and continue to Windows Rollback) Use another OS...
  10. Failed booting after latest update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed booting after latest update.: I'm stuck, I downloaded a windows 10 ISO file and placed on a USB drive, I can access the option page but none of the trouble shooting solutions work. I would like to avoid reinstalling, wondering if someone with experience could walk me through some options. Thanks for your...