Windows 10: Windows 10, made a mistake on advice from so called expert and changed my vertual memory to...

Discus and support Windows 10, made a mistake on advice from so called expert and changed my vertual memory to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Used rescue disk to use old restore point but no different, computer has 8gb of ram and also running Malwarebytes softwareHave tried editing regedit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by christopherashdown, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Windows 10, made a mistake on advice from so called expert and changed my vertual memory to...

Used rescue disk to use old restore point but no different, computer has 8gb of ram and also running Malwarebytes softwareHave tried editing regedit with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\PagingFiles to change C:\pagefile.sys 120 140 but reg does not accept change and no save facility maybe Malwarebytes stopping itLooking to me that Malwarebytes needs turning off before anything elseCannot start in safe mode as nothing happensDont want to loose all data with a windows reinstallMany thanks

:)

christopherashdown, Sep 15, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 15, 2021
  3. Hardware Reserved Memory 5.5GB

If you feel comfortable doing your own system tweaking I would suggest this advice provided on this website: Top 10 Ways to Fix High RAM/CPU Memory Usage after Windows 10 Update | Drive The Life Do perform steps 1(return this registry "VALUE DATA") entry back to 0 after restart)thru 10, exclude step 2, as that is a download that you do not need at this time. After all that
    go to trusted site by Black Viper for advice on your win 10 operating system Services configuration for normal ops and set your services according to Mister Vipers suggestions. His website is here: Black Vipers Windows 10 Service Configurations » Black Viper | www.blackviper.com Some of these suggestions if not down properly could render your operating system un-usable, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. However, I have used the advice given here and personally have not caused any problems to my own system and in fact this advice has significantly improved performance and reduced the load on memory to a negligible amount . Best of Luck.

I remember when 256Mb was a lot of ram and you could upgrade to 512 for about 150 bucks (maybe more). Just sayin.

lopedoggie, Sep 15, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Windows 10, made a mistake on advice from so called expert and changed my vertual memory to...

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10, made a mistake on advice from so called expert and changed my vertual memory to...

1. Windows 10, made a mistake on advice from so called expert and changed my vertual memory to... - Similar Threads - made mistake advice

2. i made a big mistake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i made a big mistake: So, i installed windows 8 and thanks to windows 8 I am now stuck on the ethernet thing, and I don't think that windows 8 supports wireless when I click on connection it keeps on saying that no internet detected even though i have a Wi-Fi router in my mom's room Microsoft,...
  3. Made a mistake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Made a mistake: Dear Microsoft Support, I accidentally purchased an item in my app;" It is for Adobe that I was charged $ 107.99 today. I have not used it at all today. I am hoping to be able to ask for a refund. I did not know I had done so until I saw it pending at my Bank. When I saw it I...
  4. Made a mistake

Made a mistake: Dear Microsoft Support, I accidentally purchased an item in my app;" It is for Adobe that I was charged $ 107.99 today. I have not used it at all today. I am hoping to be able to ask for a refund. I did not know I had done so until I saw it pending at my Bank. When I saw it I...
  5. Need expert advice to fix this issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need expert advice to fix this issue: I cannot use the computer properly for 5 minutes. The problem occurred shortly after turning on the computer. Sometimes it hangs completely even if it runs for a while. Please someone write about its solution....
  6. Need expert advice to fix this issue

Need expert advice to fix this issue: I cannot use the computer properly for 5 minutes. The problem occurred shortly after turning on the computer. Sometimes it hangs completely even if it runs for a while. Please someone write about its solution....
  7. In need of expert advice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In need of expert advice: So I have a Lenovo Ideapad 3.. laptop has been great until today. I loaded up my laptop like usual, logged in, immediately got a "something went wrong, we need to reatart" blue screen, then after a few seconds the screen went black and nothing's working. Literally nothing, no...
  8. I made a huge mistake by changing permissions of my (C:) Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I made a huge mistake by changing permissions of my (C:) Drive: Hello everyone, thank you for viewing my question. About a week ago, I was playing Borderlands 2 (game) for about 6 hours. I completed most of the game, and logged out for the day. When I came back the next day, I realized my progress didn’t save. Upset, I took desperate...
  9. Made a Mistake with Python

Made a Mistake with Python: I had to install Python some time ago. I think it so I could use VeraCrypt. I do not remember which version of Python I installed or if it showed up in the app list in Settings. Yesterday, I decided to install DeDRM removal tools. One of them required Phyton and I...
  10. Change Administrator Password - Made Mistake in Computer Setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change Administrator Password - Made Mistake in Computer Setup: Bought a new HP Desktop computer and made a mistake when setting up my Microsoft account with my email. Can't seem to get in to edit the "administrator's" password. How can I correct? 32668