Windows 10: Windows 10 made me verify my microsoft account

Discus and support Windows 10 made me verify my microsoft account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I still have the same computer and it made me verify my account and re setup my PIN to login.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Matt Bruns, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10 made me verify my microsoft account

I still have the same computer and it made me verify my account and re setup my PIN to login.

:)

Matt Bruns, Dec 5, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 made me verify my microsoft account :(

Zakin, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10 made me verify my microsoft account

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 made me verify my microsoft account

1. Windows 10 made me verify my microsoft account - Similar Threads - made verify microsoft

2. My windows won't let me verify my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows won't let me verify my Microsoft account: Dear reader,Recently I updated my password because I couldn't get in my outlook. Now that I can access my outlook i wanted to start up my windows and acces my Xbox game pass. It asks me to verify my account. But when i press to very it won't open up to let me verify. I got...
  3. My windows won't let me verify my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows won't let me verify my Microsoft account: Dear reader,Recently I updated my password because I couldn't get in my outlook. Now that I can access my outlook i wanted to start up my windows and acces my Xbox game pass. It asks me to verify my account. But when i press to very it won't open up to let me verify. I got...
  4. My windows won't let me verify my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot verify my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot verify my Microsoft account: I have just bought a new pc with Windows 10 2H20 version, direct from HP. I have Office Home/ Student from a a machine which failed early this year within a month. During set up I get a recurring problem that takes me to a screen which I have to add my telephone...
  6. Microsoft made me update!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft made me update!!!: I was forced to update the computer because it wouldnt work untill it was done and now all of my files and photos are deleted . It was a newish laptop so i hadnt fully set it up for a issue like this eg back up file now ive lost all my photos of my kids growing up. Im am so...
  7. My pc asked me to verify my microsoft account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My pc asked me to verify my microsoft account.: After not using it for a few days, it asked me to verify my microsoft account. I was able to use cntrl alt dlt to get out and i was still logged in, and scanned for viruses. it said there were none. could there be malware?...
  8. Verify Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Verify Microsoft account: Windows 10 Professional (x64) Build 18362.476 (1903/May 2019 Update) I'm trying to change my Microsoft account settings because after I log off off windows, it's asking me for a password to get back in, even tho I have disabled the password prompt, and I am the only user....
  9. Verify my identity for my Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Verify my identity for my Microsoft account: I need to verify my identity for my Microsoft account as I have a different cell phone number now. --- How do I do that? Everything else is the same as far as I know. Maybe I'll find out something different but now is the time to find out. My Windows version number is 1903...
  10. Verify my Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verify my Microsoft Account: I work on two identical computers, main one at home, the other at work. Both under the same Microsoft Account (same email and account password) Now - The one at work asks me to Verify my account. The email address shown is wrong (must be an old/first try one) ... and ......