Windows 10: Windows 10 made two user folders

Discus and support Windows 10 made two user folders in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; After fresh installation of windows 10, windows decide to make one more username folder. My default user folder is Jugo, and the new one is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DigDeep, Jul 29, 2015.

1. DigDeep Win User

Windows 10 made two user folders

After fresh installation of windows 10, windows decide to make one more username folder.

My default user folder is Jugo, and the new one is Jugo.DESKTOP-RUHDOGV, dont know why windows made it. I know that is not made because of MS account, because I didnt sign in. I would like to have only one user folder, and not two, how can I achieve this? I know that I can make new account and delete the old one, but is there a way to merge this two together. I also noticed that Jugo.DESKTOP-RUHDOGV folder has more data in it, but i dont know why, and why did that happen. Here is a screenshot

Windows 10 made two user folders [​IMG]

content

:)

DigDeep, Jul 29, 2015

2. Windows 10 - Two user folders, different names same content

to add: matzidog and dreem had the same files until i saved this last file. it was not duplicated in "dreem" when I save it to "matzidog." sorry about the confusion. I need a windows 10 explorer (file system) instructor.

dreemsnake1, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - Two user folders, different names same content

I have to change some info, sorry about that. I just saved an online file. I saved it to documents under matzidog. It shows up there AND in the documents folder under This PC. It is not in the dreem folder.

So if dreem and matzidog are not the same folder, why doesn't matzidog show up in the Users folder? what I would like is for matzidog to show up under users and to get rid of this "dreem" folder. But in explorer, it looks like "dreem" is the only user
    in the Users folder.

I know that this is probably basic information that other people already know and I'm sorry about that. But I couldn't find answers online. Thanks for your help.

dreemsnake1, Jul 29, 2015
  4. DigDeep Win User

If it helps DESKTOPRUHDOGV is name of my computer

DigDeep, Aug 2, 2015
  5. Look like Windows thew a hissy fit when loading your profile and decided to helpfully create a new one.

To get back to normal (Works with Windows 7)

• Add a new local user with admin rights, then log in as this account.
    • Move both the "Jugo" and "Jugo.DESKTOP-RUHDOGV" folders to somewhere other than C:\Users
    • Run regedit, navigate to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
    • Locate and remove the keys associated with the Jugo account (ProfileImagePath value will begins with C:\Users\Jugo)
    • Reboot and log in as Jugo, a new profile should be created in C:\Users\Jugo
    • Move (or copy if feeling cautious) all of your data back to C:\Users\Jugo - Do NOT copy / replace
      • Ntuser.dat
      • Ntuser.dat.log
      • Ntuser.ini
    • When all is up and running delete account created at step 1

Be very careful in the registry otherwise a complete re-format will be required. only remove the keys for your account.

MikeWilliams, Aug 3, 2015
  6. DigDeep Win User
    will try that, actually i found out there is no Jugo associated in registry only Jugo.DESKTOP-RUHDOGV" wich is really wierd.

what if I copy stuff from Jugo.DESKTOP-RUHDOGV folder to Jugo folder, and change ProfileImagePath from Jugo.DESKTOP-RUHDOGV to Jugo, will that work? or do I need to make new admin account

DigDeep, Aug 3, 2015
  7. Safest to create new account to perform the moves otherwise files will be in use thus can't be moved.

8. topgundcp Win User

You should only have 2 users: jugo and public on a fresh install. Something is wrong and caused Windows Installation to create extra users. I would spend a little time to re-install Windows.

topgundcp, Aug 3, 2015
  9. DigDeep Win User
    where can I add new admin account, its a little bit different then in windows 7? if i go to settings it asks me to add a number or email, if I choose i dont have it, it says something went wrong

DigDeep, Aug 3, 2015
  10. Not sure, but try control panel to see if there is a users icon or maybe in family and safety.

11. DigDeep Win User
    DigDeep, Aug 3, 2015
  12. MikeWilliams, Aug 3, 2015
  13. DigDeep Win User

It worked! i made new profile and deleted old one. Thanks.

Now I have problem with start, it just wont appear, i need to find a fix

DigDeep, Aug 4, 2015
  14. DigDeep Win User
    This fixes start menu

• Right click Start button
      • Choose Command prompt (Admin)
      • Key in Powershell in the black window and hit Enter.
    • Paste the following command in the Administrator: Windows PowerShell window and press Enter key:Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Wait for PowerShell to execute and complete the command. Ignore the few errors (in red color) that may pop up.
    • When it finishes, try hitting Start and hopefully it’ll start working. If not, this solution won’t apply to you, unfortunately.

Windows firewall needs to be enabled, otherwise it wont work

DigDeep, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 made two user folders - Similar Threads - made user folders

2. Can there be two users in the Users folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can there be two users in the Users folder?: Moving to a new device with Windows 11 from the old Windows 10. Windows 11 automatically sets up C:\Users\xxxxx but my old device had C:\Users\MyName Can I add a second user folder name? In other words, can I have both C:\xxxxx and C:\Users\MyName on the WIndows 11 computer?...
  3. Can there be two users in the Users folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can there be two users in the Users folder?: Moving to a new device with Windows 11 from the old Windows 10. Windows 11 automatically sets up C:\Users\xxxxx but my old device had C:\Users\MyName Can I add a second user folder name? In other words, can I have both C:\xxxxx and C:\Users\MyName on the WIndows 11 computer?...
  4. my user folder is displaying two documents and two pictures folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my user folder is displaying two documents and two pictures folders: Hi, My user folder "C:\Users\mscie" is diplaying two documents and two pictures folders. They seem to be mirrored because when I delete one of the folders the other seems to delete as well. Looking at the properties for the folders they display the same location as well...
  5. my user folder is displaying two documents and two pictures folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my user folder is displaying two documents and two pictures folders: Hi, My user folder "C:\Users\mscie" is diplaying two documents and two pictures folders. They seem to be mirrored because when I delete one of the folders the other seems to delete as well. Looking at the properties for the folders they display the same location as well...
  6. Two Users' Folders On new Install

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two Users' Folders On new Install: So I just installed Windows 10 on a brand new NUC. Installation went flawlessly and the machine runs great. After the installation I noticed that the computer name was my email address. I didn't like that name so I changed the name of the computer but now I have 2 users...
  7. Two users on window 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Two users on window 10: My husband and I have our own sign on and password. However, when he signs in and goes to file folders, he accesses my files!! How do I set this up so that we see only our own file folders? When we click on "This PC and the OS (C), it takes him to my file folders!!!...
  8. Two user sharing one folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two user sharing one folder: Hi all, If 2 users both use the same folder to do work on, and 1 user account is deleted, will it delete that folder so as the other user will loose everything in there ? 115796
  9. Two different user folders?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two different user folders?: It seems like I have 2 users folders One with path C:\Users\[username] and the other [username] I only notice this if I pin the user folder to Quick Access. Pictures attached. 48467
  10. Users folder showing TWO OneDrive folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Users folder showing TWO OneDrive folders: My c:\Users\<Username> folder is showing TWO OneDrive folders. [img] firstly, how can two entries of exactly the same name exist in a single folder? Now, how to handle this? Though, I don't have to manually access any of these, as I have a separate folder at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 two user folders

2. windows 10 made two user folders