Windows 10: Windows 10 magically created another partition after adding user, now wont boot/upgrade.

Discus and support Windows 10 magically created another partition after adding user, now wont boot/upgrade. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So i have a laptop C drive and D drive. After adding another user Windows decided to create a mystery partition e on my c drive. In explorer it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lits_11111, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Windows 10 magically created another partition after adding user, now wont boot/upgrade.

So i have a laptop

C drive and D drive.

After adding another user Windows decided to create a mystery partition e on my c drive.

In explorer it denies me access to that drive.

The problem:

Now i cannot regularly boot anymore. Not start or restart.

I have to use the F12 bios, then manually select boot: " Windows Boot manager TMN458763"

I have no idea why and what this is.

Not a disaster but i cannot update windows anymore, i cannot reinstall windows, i cannot wipe windows.

Everything is stuck.

Hope someone can help.

:)

Lits_11111, Feb 21, 2021

2. Vista Beta 2 Installed

Well first I defragged the drive, then go into partition magic and select "create a new partition" and make sure it is "after c:"

Then click the rest of the way through the menus, and in the lower left there is a list of pending activites and click "apply" and you will have to restart and before windows boots partition magic does its thing.

wazzledoozle, Feb 21, 2021
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Windows 10 magically created another partition after adding user, now wont boot/upgrade.

Question: MiniTool Portable Partition Magic ???

Howdy, Bree:

I successfully implemented your instructions.

Default PowerSpect 1510

Windows 10 magically created another partition after adding user, now wont boot/upgrade. [​IMG]

I have (1) issue to resolve (see printscreen):

• Not able to CREATE more than (4) partitions on Disk 2.

Windows 10 magically created another partition after adding user, now wont boot/upgrade. [​IMG]

Might you suggest a SOLUTION?

Thank you much in advance.

~ Alan

ab1kenobee, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 magically created another partition after adding user, now wont boot/upgrade.

1. Windows 10 magically created another partition after adding user, now wont boot/upgrade. - Similar Threads - magically created another

2. Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot! SOLVED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot! SOLVED: I have a PC with a Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H V2-CF motherboard and a KINGSTON SA400S37240G SSD in one of the SATA slots. I was running out of space so added another SSD, a brand new goodram PCle 4.0 NVMe M.2 2280 px600 in the M.2 slot. As far as I know all the components are...
  3. Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot!: I have a PC with a Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H V2-CF motherboard and a KINGSTON SA400S37240G SSD in one of the SATA slots. I was running out of space so added another SSD, a brand new goodram PCle 4.0 NVMe M.2 2280 px600 in the M.2 slot. As far as I know all the components are...
  4. Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot!: I have a PC with a Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H V2-CF motherboard and a KINGSTON SA400S37240G SSD in one of the SATA slots. I was running out of space so added another SSD, a brand new goodram PCle 4.0 NVMe M.2 2280 px600 in the M.2 slot. As far as I know all the components are...
  5. Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot!

6. After creating 32gb windows recovery drive, will adding another partition affect usability...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After creating 32gb windows recovery drive, will adding another partition affect usability...: After creating 32gb windows recovery drive, will adding another partition affect usability as a recovery drive The drive is 64gb total or larger, and the new partition would be there for current essentials like a pst file....
  7. After creating 32gb windows recovery drive, will adding another partition affect usability...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After creating 32gb windows recovery drive, will adding another partition affect usability...: After creating 32gb windows recovery drive, will adding another partition affect usability as a recovery drive The drive is 64gb total or larger, and the new partition would be there for current essentials like a pst file....
  8. After creating 32gb windows recovery drive, will adding another partition affect usability...

9. Shrinked Windows 10 partition and created new ext4 partition - Now Windows does not boot,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shrinked Windows 10 partition and created new ext4 partition - Now Windows does not boot,...: Basically the title. I have win10 installed on my ssd, i just shrinked the main ntfs partition by 50gb and created a ext4 filesysrem, installed mxlinux there, now Windows 10 does not boot. I did not touch windows files at all. :/ Now when I try to boot Windows boot manager,...
  10. Linux booting problem after creating another partition

Linux booting problem after creating another partition: I installed Windows 10 and after that I am unable to log-in to PeachOSI Linux. I had two partitions on a 350 GB HDD - 75 GB on which there is PeachOSI Linux and plenty of apps and rest space as Data partition. However I created another 75 GB partition to install Windows 10...