Windows 10: Windows 10 magnet link problem with μTorrent on Google Chrome

Discus and support Windows 10 magnet link problem with μTorrent on Google Chrome in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every time I open a magnet link in Google Chrome Windows 10 asks me which program to use when I've already set it to open with μTorrent. 146242 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Random guy, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 magnet link problem with μTorrent on Google Chrome

Every time I open a magnet link in Google Chrome Windows 10 asks me which program to use when I've already set it to open with μTorrent.

:)

Random guy, Dec 11, 2019

2. Can't change magnet protocol URI program

When going to default programs for protocols, it has google chrome set as the default program for these links. I want the default to be my torrent program, but the only option available is google chrome.

I've tried making an update here "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Magnet\shell\open\command" like some articles have suggested and put in my torrent client, but it does not fix the issue and chrome still stays the default protocol in settings.

bobsagetfullhou, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Disabled Magnet Links!?

For some reason ever since an update 2 days ago, I am unable to open magnet links in Chrome, FireFox and Edge, and using the clients BitTorrent and uTorrent.

It says there is no protocol apparently, but I have never had a problem with magnet links before this update. I have tried something with Chrome where you can change a setting in it, but it doesn't work with any software that I currently have period anyway.

Another thing is that when I open a magnet link with Edge, it tries to get me to download a torrent software from the store, but doesn't let me choose the default program to open it with at all, which it should do.

Can anyone please explain this to me?

VangelisDePortay, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 magnet link problem with μTorrent on Google Chrome

Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 magnet link problem with μTorrent on Google Chrome

1. Windows 10 magnet link problem with μTorrent on Google Chrome - Similar Threads - magnet link problem

2. A problem in google chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A problem in google chrome: Hi and welcome. I have a problem when trying to search anything in google. This problem appeared a week ago, when trying to search for anything in Google, the error message that I will attach below appears. I've tried set the date and time again, I've tried changing wi-fi...
  3. Unable to click on links on Google Chrome using Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to click on links on Google Chrome using Windows 10: I am unable to click on links on Google Chrome unless I refresh the page. I have not made any changes to my PC lately that might prompt this issue. I ran a security check on Google Chrome which also told me it is up to date. When I refresh the page, I am able to click on the...
  4. Google Chrome delay problem

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome delay problem: I use MS Office Outlook email client. I receive an email from Amazon which has a hyperlink of the order number. When I click on the link, Google Chrome opens but then remains blank for up to 1 minute. The "this page isn't working" message then appears but 1 second later, the...
  5. Can't change protocol association for magnet links to something else than Chrome

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change protocol association for magnet links to something else than Chrome: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Poilaucul [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jcm8u8/cant_change_protocol_association_for_magnet_links/
  6. Problem with Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Google Chrome: When I'm in my email app and click a link, google chrome flashes orange on my task bar showing a tab opened but stays minimized. I'm new to windows 10 and this issue. I have looked at the settings and have yet to fix it, which is frustrating for me since I usually figure it...
  7. Google chrome audio problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google chrome audio problem: Hello, Well my problem is that whenever I play any type of audio in google chrome there is no audio output as if the device was muted but it's not. On the other hand, there is audio output when I play media on the explorer. My study field requires working with chrome the...
  8. Windows 10 magnet link problem with μTorrent on Google Chrome

Windows 10 magnet link problem with μTorrent on Google Chrome: Every time I open a magnet link in Google Chrome Windows 10 asks me which program to use when I've already set it to open with μTorrent. 146242
  9. Google Chrome problem?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome problem?: Since updating to Windows 10 every time I go to a web site a pop up states "do you want this app to make changes to your computer?" It states it's Google Chrome. This has never happened before and how do I make it stop? Thank you!...
  10. google chrome problem

google chrome problem: I have a laptop, about five years old, has Windows 8.11. It recently had a complete power failure. I just got it working again and after booting up I noticed there were websites I couldn't get to; claimed the website was not responding. Amazon, ebay and some others like my...