Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail adds "RE: RE: RE:" on replies

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail adds "RE: RE: RE:" on replies in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Windows 10 Mail app is adding "RE:" to every message I reply to in the same email thread. Email subject lines have "RE: RE: RE: RE:" and so on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ExcelPower, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Mail adds "RE: RE: RE:" on replies

The Windows 10 Mail app is adding "RE:" to every message I reply to in the same email thread. Email subject lines have "RE: RE: RE: RE:" and so on unless I delete the new "RE:" each time. How can I fix this? This does not happen when I use the gmail website.

:)

ExcelPower, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Davidp8 Win User

how to add contact to new mail in w10

My issue is with W10 new mail. Transferring contacts and (if possible) mail messages from old live mail.

I don't understand the People App?

I cannot see any steps to take me to a contact list on the new mail pages.

I have tried saving from old contacts list , but how to import them?

the references given don't seem to line up with mu window in mail.

Then how to import G-mail address list?

David

Davidp8, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 Mail adds "RE: RE: RE:" on replies :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Mail adds "RE: RE: RE:" on replies

How do I delete an e-mail account and add it again in Windows 10 Mail

I'm using Windows 10 Mail and a box appear saying that my e-mail account and setting are outdated! I never knew and e-mail account can be outdated etc when you're always using it etc. I have ahd this e-mail for so many years now. Another box appeared with
    my e-mail on it and a box to type in my password to verify my account. I typed in my password but it couldnt verify it. So, the next suggested the box had was for me delete my e-mail acount and add it back again. How do I go about doing this? Please list rhe
    step by steps please. Thanks!

SAMSON JOE, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail adds "RE: RE: RE:" on replies

1. Windows 10 Mail adds "RE: RE: RE:" on replies - Similar Threads - Mail adds replies

2. re:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    re:...: I just wanted to comment on the above thread that is locked because all of the responses to the question are completely time consuming and 100% irrelevant. 99 times out of 100, when you receive an error stating that Windows could not update the boot configuration on a Surface...
  3. re:...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    re:...: I just wanted to comment on the above thread that is locked because all of the responses to the question are completely time consuming and 100% irrelevant. 99 times out of 100, when you receive an error stating that Windows could not update the boot configuration on a Surface...
  4. re:...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: FH5 Ban, fh4 i got banned

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: FH5 Ban, fh4 i got banned: This is a follow up request from: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/re-re-re-re-re-fh5-ban-fh4-i-got-banned/61a60ade-eeaa-45b8-91db-0f7dd32156a2...
  6. re

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    re: https://aka.ms/AAcddl9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/re/32a13db3-d7d0-484e-aa72-a14f693d9fe5
  7. Re-installing Windows 10 Mail not working?!

Re-installing Windows 10 Mail not working?!: My Windows 10 Mail app is not working anymore. It even does not start up. Removing it within the Configuration Menu is not working. Also "Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* Remove-AppxPackage" hangs and only displays "Deployment operation progress:...
  8. Option to re-add/re-install math input panel?

Option to re-add/re-install math input panel?: So i removed this via the optional features section under settings > apps & features > optional features. I was under the assumption it could be added back the same way. Alas, its simply not there in the list to re-add. Since its not a widely used/popular feature, google...
  9. Windows Mail "RE: RE: RE:" on replies

Windows Mail "RE: RE: RE:" on replies: When using the windows email app in Windows 10, it has started adding another "RE" to each new message I reply to on a thread, so email subjects have "RE: RE: RE: RE:" and so on unless I delete the new "RE:." Is there a way to fix this, it has only started happenning...
  10. Re-Imaging and re-selling

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-Imaging and re-selling: Hi folks I'm trying to get my head around the different types of Windows licencing and am starting to go around in circles.. so I figure that I would just ask the question and see if anyone can help make things clearer. If I or a company were to buy a bunch of new / store...