Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail and Calendar App Gmail sync

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail and Calendar App Gmail sync in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there! I've got a problem, and have no idea what's wrong. My Mail and Calendar App the default mail application in windows 10 doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AaronMacsik, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar App Gmail sync

Hi there!

I've got a problem, and have no idea what's wrong.

My Mail and Calendar App the default mail application in windows 10 doesn't automatically gets emails for my gmail account, everytime, I have to open the app and click on refresh to get new mails.

Why is that, how can I fix it?

Thx

:)

AaronMacsik, Jan 20, 2021
  2. s427 Win User

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

3. Mel Tar Win User
    Mel Tar, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar App Gmail sync

Michelle Her, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail and Calendar App Gmail sync

1. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar App Gmail sync - Similar Threads - Mail Calendar App

2. Gmail calendar not syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail calendar not syncing: My work uses gmail, and i figured out I could add my gmail account to outlook and the mail app.I did both - added to both mail and outlook appOn the mail app, i see all entire calendar as it's reflected in gmail.However, on the outlook app, not all meetings are synced, and a...
  3. Gmail calendar not syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail calendar not syncing: My work uses gmail, and i figured out I could add my gmail account to outlook and the mail app.I did both - added to both mail and outlook appOn the mail app, i see all entire calendar as it's reflected in gmail.However, on the outlook app, not all meetings are synced, and a...
  4. Gmail not syncing with Windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail not syncing with Windows 10 mail app: i have 2 outlook accounts and 2 gmail accounts connected to my mail app in windwos 10.im not getting realtime notifications when recieving emails to my gmail accounts, why is this? working fine with outlook accounts though....
  5. Gmail not syncing with Windows 10 mail app

Gmail not syncing with Windows 10 mail app: i have 2 outlook accounts and 2 gmail accounts connected to my mail app in windwos 10.im not getting realtime notifications when recieving emails to my gmail accounts, why is this? working fine with outlook accounts though....
  6. Win10 Mail/Calendar app stopped syncing with Gmail

Win10 Mail/Calendar app stopped syncing with Gmail: About moth ago in the end of april my Win10 Mail/Calendar apps stopped syncing with my Gmail account. I checked on my other laptop, which is the same laptop with same software installedWin10,McAffe, except some games, and here Gmail is syncing ok. So why it stopped on the...
  7. Gmail is not syncing in mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gmail is not syncing in mail app: I cannot find a way to sync my gmail to my mail app on my new computer. I have tried both letting the app access my calendar and syncing in the gmail sync settings. Is there anything else that I could be missing? Thank you for the help. submitted by /u/petera1134 [link]...
  8. Gmail won't sync with "Mail and Calendar" App

Gmail won't sync with "Mail and Calendar" App: Hi, My mail and calender suddenly stop syncing few days ago and i already enable scvhost.exe and let the outbound port through firewall. I also deleted, reset and re-register my account into the mail app and still is not working. Can anyone help with this issue? And I...
  9. No option to sync Gmail Calendar with Mail and Calendar app

No option to sync Gmail Calendar with Mail and Calendar app: I have follow a million different threads with no resolution. I have a gmail account that stopped syncing a couple of days ago. I deleted the account and when I tried to add it back I entered Manage Accounts -> Add Account -> Google and received the following error. [ATTACH]...
  10. Mail App is not sync with Gmail

Mail App is not sync with Gmail: Hello. Mail app of windows 10 (version 1809) is not sync with gmail or outlook. I Have tried reset it, unintall and reinstaling but issue does not resolve. When I look in Apps & features of mail & calender app, its shows app permission is off for Contact and Email,...