Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail and Calendar apps immediately crash upon opening

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail and Calendar apps immediately crash upon opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 version 1709 Mail and Calendar apps crash immediately after opening. I see the window for the app appear briefly, and then is gone a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Draconis Travis, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar apps immediately crash upon opening

Windows 10 version 1709

Mail and Calendar apps crash immediately after opening. I see the window for the app appear briefly, and then is gone a moment later. I tried running the "Windows Store Apps" troubleshooter, which was able to detect the app crashing problem, but could not resolve it. I tried removing my Microsoft account, resetting the Mail & Calendar apps (which are treated as a single app in Settings), and re-adding my account again, but the apps still crash immediately upon starting - no change at all.

Symptoms, issues, or changes leading up to this: nothing that I can identify. One day the apps were working fine, and the next day they weren't. I don't know of any changes that might have occurred in the intervening time.

I also have the full Outlook 365 Office application installed, for accessing my work email and managing my work calendar. Outlook works fine, but I want the "built-in" Win10 apps to function correctly, for my personal email & calendar management.

:)

Draconis Travis, Oct 21, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar apps immediately crash upon opening :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 21, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Oct 21, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

Windows 10 Mail and Calendar apps immediately crash upon opening

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail and Calendar apps immediately crash upon opening

1. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar apps immediately crash upon opening - Similar Threads - Mail Calendar apps

2. Mail and calendar crashes when open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail and calendar crashes when open: After reseting the mail and calendar app it just crashes and auto close when it opens. Event viewer shows the following error:Faulting application name: HxTsr.exe, version: 16.0.14326.21374, time stamp: 0x6400103eFaulting module name: hxcomm.dll, version: 16.0.14326.21374,...
  3. Mail and calendar crashes when open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail and calendar crashes when open: After reseting the mail and calendar app it just crashes and auto close when it opens. Event viewer shows the following error:Faulting application name: HxTsr.exe, version: 16.0.14326.21374, time stamp: 0x6400103eFaulting module name: hxcomm.dll, version: 16.0.14326.21374,...
  4. App on desktop immediately closes upon opening

App on desktop immediately closes upon opening: When I try to open up an app on my Windows 10 desktop, the app immediately closes itself. I have tried researching the issue myself but was unsuccessful. For example, when I click to open Minecraft, it shows the Mojang logo then closes. I cannot go to the Microsoft app store...
  5. Windows Mail and Calendar opens and closes immediately

Windows Mail and Calendar opens and closes immediately: Just realised this issue today when i tried to open both the mail and calendar app. I have tried using the windows app troubleshooter, reset and uninstalled the app, using the powershell admin to remove and also did the sfcscan as well but to no avail....
  6. Internet Explorer 11 Crashes Immediately Upon Opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet Explorer 11 Crashes Immediately Upon Opening: This just started to be a problem on two computers I oversee. As soon as you open IE11 you get a white screen - not responding - and then about 20 seconds later it closes. I have tried everything except for a fresh install... I've reset IE to default, I've uninstalled by...
  7. Windows Update Immediately Crashes Upon Opening

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Immediately Crashes Upon Opening: Hello, I am trying to update my Windows 10 version but every time I load the Windows Update application it immediately closes. I have tried starting Windows in Safe Mode and the application does not close immediately but there is a constant stream of horizontal loading...
  8. All apps are closing immediately upon opening them.

All apps are closing immediately upon opening them.: All my apps open momentarily and then close. The only exception seems to be the browsers. I can go through file explorer and open the files that way, but not by clicking on the desktop app boxes. I've been looking and have yet to find someone with a similar issue. Any ideas...
  9. Mail & Calendar app crashing

Mail & Calendar app crashing: I have Windows 10 Ver 1607 (OS Build 14393.187) After uninstalling Microsoft Office 2016 I am unable to use the Windows 10 Mail and Calendar app. When I try to open either Mail or Calendar they crash immediately. I have tried every conceivable method that has been posted...
  10. Mail & Calendar app crashes on opening

Mail & Calendar app crashes on opening: Hi all. After last update, my win10 will not open my mail & calendar app. Whenever I open the app, it starts up, loads the mail, and then shuts down again. I am getting this from my event viewer: Faulting application name: HxMail.exe, version: 16.0.6106.4200, time...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mail app crashes immediately

2. windows 10 email shutting down after several seconds

3. windows 10 email shuts down

4. windows 10 mail crashes when opening,
  5. windows 10 mail app crashing immediately,
  6. windows 10 calendar crashing