Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail and email servers

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail and email servers in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 10 Mail does not have an option to delete emails off the server when it downloads them to the app. This leads to messages from the webmail host... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Pauley_BC, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Pauley_BC Win User

Windows 10 Mail and email servers

Windows 10 Mail does not have an option to delete emails off the server when it downloads them to the app. This leads to messages from the webmail host regarding quotas and the only resolution is to log on to the server and delete emails, which then deletes those emails from the Mail app.... not exactly beneficial when you need to keep all historical emails.I am forced to use a secondary email app to manage the server issue and archive all emails to that app. Why wouldn't I use that other app as my primary email app going forward?This option for Windows 10 Mail would be appreciated in a futu

:)

Pauley_BC, Oct 7, 2022
  2. Anna Bol Win User

How do I get windows 8 mail to connect with my godaddy email....there is no option for a POP server...needed for my godaddy account to link

Hello Valerie,

To set up Windows Live Mail with your email, you need to know your POP or IMAP Email Server Settings and ports. You may follow these steps to setup your email account in Windows 8 mail:

1. Open Windows 8 Mail by clicking on the Mail tile in the Start menu.
    2. Hover the mouse cursor in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
    3. Select Settings.
    4. Select Accounts, and then click Add an account and configure the server and port settings.

We’d also like to know if this is the first time that you’re trying to set up your GoDaddy email in Windows 8 mail? We suggest you to get in touch with them to provide you the appropriate server and port settings.

We’ll keep an eye out on your response.

Anna Bol, Oct 7, 2022
  3. Email server: Help needed

I'm looking to set up a simple (free or cheapish) email server. It doesnt have to be too fancy. Will have about 15 email accounts on it, and needs to have ability for webmail so mail can be picked up while on the road.

Exchange and Outlook Web Access seems like overkill (or at least, pretty expensive given the software and CLA required).

Suggestions gratefully appreciated.

lemonadesoda, Oct 7, 2022
  4. garyb0125 Win User

garyb0125, Oct 7, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail and email servers - Similar Threads - Mail email servers

2. Can't receive emails from my server to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't receive emails from my server to Windows 10 Mail: Split from this thread. I have Microsoft Edge & Windows MAIL, NOT OUTLOOK...I can't receive emails from my server= Frontier to my Windows 10 = MAIL....
  3. Can't receive emails from my server to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't receive emails from my server to Windows 10 Mail: Split from this thread. I have Microsoft Edge & Windows MAIL, NOT OUTLOOK...I can't receive emails from my server= Frontier to my Windows 10 = MAIL....
  4. Windows 10 Mail and email servers

Windows 10 Mail and email servers: Windows 10 Mail does not have an option to delete emails off the server when it downloads them to the app. This leads to messages from the webmail host regarding quotas and the only resolution is to log on to the server and delete emails, which then deletes those emails from...
  5. Windows mail not sync on any email server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows mail not sync on any email server: Since 16th September I not received email from three emails services not syncing on SWindows mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mail-not-sync-on-any-email-server/da108cbc-f238-4efc-acb7-4613d65aa6ab
  6. Windows mail not sync on any email server

Windows mail not sync on any email server: Since 16th September I not received email from three emails services not syncing on SWindows mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mail-not-sync-on-any-email-server/da108cbc-f238-4efc-acb7-4613d65aa6ab
  7. Windows mail not sync on any email server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Mail not syncing sent mail with exchange server email address

Mail not syncing sent mail with exchange server email address: Hello I have two email accounts set up for work purposes only. One is IMAP, the other one Exchange. The IMAP is syncing no problem. The Exchange email has stopped syncing my older SENT emails. Settings are correct and option to sync mail from any time is checked. This...
  9. Windows 10 Mail not fully syncing with email server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Mail not fully syncing with email server: I have a very frustrating issue with Windows 10 mail. A large number of sent emails are not appearing in the Sent folder. I can access them on the server, so they have not been deleted. That's good, of course. But I would like to be able to open them from within Windows 10...
  10. Mail App on Windows - and the original email server

Mail App on Windows - and the original email server: Hi, I have had some email exchange with a booking company in the last few days using Mail App. When I look at my gmail inbox online, I cannot see any of them. However, some other emails sent to me from e.g. Curry PC World is there and it is on the Mail App inbox as well....