Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail and Google Mail

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail and Google Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A family member is saying that on occasion when sending mail using Windows 10 mail the email goes into the Spam folder and not the Sent mail folder. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Daveinthenorth, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Mail and Google Mail

A family member is saying that on occasion when sending mail using Windows 10 mail the email goes into the Spam folder and not the Sent mail folder. It is a Google mail address which is used. I have checked that Google IMAP is enabled and checked all the settings in Windows 10 Mail and can't find a way of checking that the correct folders are synchronising like you can in Outlook. Is this possible to happen? as I am remote I cannot see his computer!

:)

Daveinthenorth, Jun 3, 2020
  2. peerv Win User

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

First confirm if you have two step authentication in you Google account.
    If YES follow these steps:

To have the Windows Mail app to work you have to generate a password for the Windows Mail app in your Google account at Anmelden – Google Konten
    Copy/paste this password into the password field of your Gmail account in the Mail app Settings/Accounts/Gmail
    This needs to be done only once.

Also check in Windows 10 Settings/Privacy if you have in Contacts AND Calender the Mail and Agenda allowed access ON
    If both are OFF the Mail app won't sync without throwing any error!!
    Just one off the many bugs in Mail app!

peerv, Jun 3, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Google editing mails?

Google definitely does read the content of your mail. It's how the ads on gmail work.

btarunr, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Windows 10 Mail and Google Mail

Windows Mail

Yes, Windows mail (on Vista) is almost identical to Windows Live Mail (which I use here at work on XP), and have multiple accounts set up.

Windows Live Mail has one of the best out-of-the-box spam detectors I have ever seen in an e-mail client, and of course, it's free.

The one thing I like about WLM over Windows Mail on Vista, is that WLM does not use popup box verification when you delete the entire junk mailbox (it does, however, on the deleted mailbox). If I hit the delete key for a whole mailbox, I mean it. Honestly, you don't have to ask me if I am sure about what I am doing.

Kreij, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail and Google Mail

1. Windows 10 Mail and Google Mail - Similar Threads - Mail Google Mail

2. error 0x80070490 mail google windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error 0x80070490 mail google windows 10: al intentar agregar una cuenta Gmail a la app de Correo genera el siguiente error, esta actualizada la app, se desinstalo y se reinstalo, windows update esta funciondo correctamente, no tiene bloqueos por parte del correo porque ya se ha agregado a otra app de Correo en otra...
  3. Google Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Mail: I cannot set up my Google mail in my mail . It keeps coming up with error code 0x80070490 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-mail/f5ed88bb-2c01-49dc-966b-8551c4d56e49
  4. Windows 10 Mail - hangs when creating google mail account

Windows 10 Mail - hangs when creating google mail account: I have for months now, been trying to add a google email account to windows mail. when I go through the process, entering my name/email account / password, etc.. it sends me off to google to authorize, which I do, comes back to the mail screen but just hangs with CREATING...
  5. Outlook Mail/Windows 10 Mail

Outlook Mail/Windows 10 Mail: I have multiple email accounts. Two Outlook and two Chrome. I don't see any reference to including all email addresses in one location under each specific email address. What am I missing. Is there a purpose to making everything a "snipe hunt" to find your stuff?...
  6. How to use Outlook or Google Mail instead of Microsoft Mail

How to use Outlook or Google Mail instead of Microsoft Mail: Microsoft 10's mail program is poor and I would like to go back to Google Mail or Outlook, but have been unable to change the default. Microsoft contacts does not allow sorting contacts in categories and it doesn't provide for quick selection of multiple email addresses for...
  7. Cannot add Google to Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot add Google to Windows Mail: I have recently bought a Surface book 2 and my Windows 10 is brand new. Unfortunately I cannot add my Gmail account to WIndows Mail and I keep getting error: 0x8007042b. I have already looked up and tried different potential solutions from this forum or Google but nothing...
  8. windows 10 mail date on mail

windows 10 mail date on mail: I continually get mail dated in the future. The current mail should show Thursday April 25 2019 but shows Saturday December 26 2037. how can this happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-date-on-mail/60d2a027-3c72-49a8-ab21-ea6dca22bee9
  9. Google Mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Mail: I cannot get my G Mail opened it keeps saying This page isn’t working mail.google.com redirected you too many times. Try clearing your cookies. ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS I have done what the page tells me to do this is work email and I can pull it up on yahoo but not G...
  10. Windows 10 access to Google Mail

Windows 10 access to Google Mail: Windows 10 wants access to my Google mail account. It says it can read, send, delete and manage my email. It states it may be sharing sensitive info. I don't want this but my email does not work if I deny this. HELP??...