Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail App After 2018 October Creators Update Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail App After 2018 October Creators Update Issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After installing the 2018 Windows 10 October Creators Update, whenever I click on a link on an e-mail in my Windows Mail app, it does not automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LarryRice_852, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Mail App After 2018 October Creators Update Issue

After installing the 2018 Windows 10 October Creators Update, whenever I click on a link on an e-mail in my Windows Mail app, it does not automatically open the browser to the web page as it did before the update. Instead it shows the web page as a thumbnail on the task bar. I then have to click on the thumbnail to view the web page or do an alt tab to view the page. Is there a way for the mail app to automatically open the web page as it did before the October update?

:)

LarryRice_852, Oct 4, 2018

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 4, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Next Major Windows 10 Update Named "Spring Creators Update"

The next Windows 10 service pack major update has been named "Spring Creators Update." Windows Insider Program users toying with Build 17618 of the operating system spotted a listing of all the major updates of Windows 10 known to the build, when running "Get-VMHostSupportedVersion" in Power Shell. The last entry reads "Microsoft Windows 10 Spring Creators Update 1803." The version number (1803 in this case), often coincides with the public release date of the update. The Fall Creators Update 1709, released in 2017-09 (September) to Insiders. Going by that convenion, Spring Creators Update could see a "branded" Insider preview build this month, 2018-03 (March), with a public release usually 3-4 weeks after, presumably before Summer kicks in.

Windows 10 Mail App After 2018 October Creators Update Issue pEBOXRTl55rNtJHh_thm.jpg

btarunr, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Windows 10 Mail App After 2018 October Creators Update Issue

Creator Update & Windows 10 Mail App Problem

Hi Barry,

It seems that the settings might have changed after the Creators update was installed. We suggest that you check the settings in Notifications & actions. To do that, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and then System.
    • Click on Notifications & actions.
    • Under Show notification from these apps, turn On the Banner, Sounds for the Mail app.
    You may also try to remove your email account and re-add it in the mail app.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you run the Window app troubleshooter to scan and fix problems with the app. To run the troubleshooter, click on this

link

Feel free to post back and update us with the results after performing the suggested steps.

Regards.

Mark Ole, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail App After 2018 October Creators Update Issue

1. Windows 10 Mail App After 2018 October Creators Update Issue - Similar Threads - Mail App 2018

2. windows 10 october 2018 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 october 2018 update: to the mother **** of Windows. I have two computer down because your stupid update and no solution out available when google it or coming to negligent support **** page. since november I am without computers thanks to the mother **** and the Smart idiots of Microsoft. you...
  3. Windows 10 October 2018 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update: Windows 10 October 2018 Update was installed - cannot now open "settings" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-october-2018-update/f6308891-f012-4f0d-a3d8-a3e5009feda3
  4. October 2018 Update: Admin Issues

October 2018 Update: Admin Issues: Please help. My PC had a BSOD sometime during November 2018 (randomly) and once it restarted, it logged into a new user and my default user was not logging in. My Microsoft account is what I use to log into my PC (which is fine), the only difference is that it goes to...
  5. Windows 10 October 2018 Update

Windows 10 October 2018 Update: I have really bad network, so I cant install directly. can I download Windows 10 October 2018 Update ISO and install that via USB or DVD ? how to do that ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-october-2018-update/f81609b8-ec1a-4328-b407-d998d0c8ddc4
  6. Windows 10 October 2018 Creators Update Winver 1809

Windows 10 October 2018 Creators Update Winver 1809: This is amazing. I purchased a Windoiws 10 Pro Installation DVD and fresh installed it on my Laptop. It installed the Winver 1809 which is the version of Windows 10 with October 2018 Creators Update. Next day Windows Update downgraded it to version 1803. Now when I try to...
  7. Windows 10 October 2018 update.

Windows 10 October 2018 update.: I am eagerly waiting for the new windows update, I checked windows update and also clicked on "check for updates" button, but there were no new updates, a news had came that Microsoft released that update on 9th October, but its already 19, Is my device ineligible? How do I...
  8. windows 10 october update 2018

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 october update 2018: hi joydeep sir what bug fixes included in this update for windows 10 october 1809 and aslo what features included. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-october-update-2018/9b39add1-fba9-40d1-8693-31aaf4cc4c1b
  9. Windows 10 October 2018 Update

Windows 10 October 2018 Update: When is the official windows 10 October 2018 update releases? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-october-2018-update/a368da87-fe7e-4b27-b64e-9bb849262b09
  10. Windows 10 Mail App issue after Springs Creators Update Version 1803

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App issue after Springs Creators Update Version 1803: I updated to the Springs Creators Update Version 1803. I have about 6 email registered on the Windows Mail App, but only 3 are showing on the left side under accounts. If I go to Manage Accounts all emails show up. I have done a Reset on the Windows Mail app and re-register...