Windows 10: Windows 10 mail app and Exchange Servers approach

Discus and support Windows 10 mail app and Exchange Servers approach in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I hope that someone from Microsoft developers read this forum. I have proposal to make Windows 10 mail app have the same approach as Microsoft... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dzigibau, Aug 19, 2017.

1. dzigibau Win User

Windows 10 mail app and Exchange Servers approach

I hope that someone from Microsoft developers read this forum.

I have proposal to make Windows 10 mail app have the same approach as Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013 o 2016 (Windows versions) to Exchange Servers 2010, 2013, 2016. In this case, right now, Windows 10 mail app approaches as phone device and has to be approved by ITs from Exchange server, but Outlook approaches differently, smoothly and it is not treated as phone device at all. I have that kind of problem, Outlook 2010 works with Exchange Server account, but Windows 10 mail app does not (error code 0x85010014) and my ITs said they moved from Exchange Server 2010 to 2013. I asked them to give the same approval for phone mobile devices and they rejected as they said due to security improvement. Ridiculous.

Therefore, programmers from Microsoft, could you make Windows 10 mail app to use the same method for approaching Exchange Servers as Outlook does, without necessity to be treated as phone devices. It would make it more convenient for us users. It is kind a funny that Windows 10 mail app on PC is treated as phone (Android or IOS) devices and my idea is to change it the way windows Outlook approaches to Exchange Servers. This error code 0x85010014 is coming to often to users, since Exchange Servers ITs would not make a small effort to click the thing for phone devices. PC is something different and I think, you should consider it as improvement of Windows 10 mail app.

:)

dzigibau, Aug 19, 2017
  2. UweFritz Win User

Can you view public folders in the Mail app? (Windows10)

I assume Jonathan refers to Public Folders on an Exchange Server, and he is now using the Windows 10 Mail App.

This is not possible, only the Calendar of a user account can be used in the Windows 10 Mail App.

UweFritz, Aug 19, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Mail app - what Exchange protocol?

My Windows 10 Mail app suddenly started working with my work's Exchange server. Previously, and with the Windows 8.1 app, it was blocked (they allow only Outlook clients and iOS with EAS).

Is the Windows 10 Mail app using something besides EAS to connect to Exchange servers, such as MAPI, RPC over https, or some connectivity to the local Outlook client? Or is it purely EAS? If it's using something beyond EAS as a protocol, can we expect the
    Windows Phone 10 app to also have capability beyond EAS?

Marc Mackey, Aug 19, 2017
  4. Windows 10 mail app and Exchange Servers approach

Hi dzigibau

You might also want to give Microsoft Feedback directly. There is a feedback mechanism in Win 10. Click start, type Feedback and the Feedback Hub app should appear.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 19, 2017
  5. dzigibau Win User
    Thank you Ken, I did it already, but did it here too, since Feedback is limited on 1000 characters only, I need more space to explain it in details. Anyone, who would like to test it and have good approach to Exchange Servers by Windows 10 mail app, suggest you go to your OWA through browser, like mail.yourserver.xx/owa and than go to small top-right symbol, then Options, Phone and you will see all devices like Android or IOS phones approved by your account and you will see Windows 10 mail as phone device too. Therefore, I propose that Microsoft programmers change method in Windows 10 mail app, copying it from Outlook which has better and smother connection to Exchange Servers and it will not be registered as phone anymore.

dzigibau, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 mail app and Exchange Servers approach

1. Windows 10 mail app and Exchange Servers approach - Similar Threads - mail app Exchange

2. Exchange Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exchange Server: I'm a C# developer and I'm working on App for Exchange Server to backup and restore Mailboxes.My application was working good till last week. I ran the windows update then my app stopped working completely. I'm getting below the Error while retrieving mailboxes: Error: The...
  3. Exchange Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exchange Server: I'm a C# developer and I'm working on App for Exchange Server to backup and restore Mailboxes.My application was working good till last week. I ran the windows update then my app stopped working completely. I'm getting below the Error while retrieving mailboxes: Error: The...
  4. Windows 10 Mail App and Exchange ActiveSync with certificate

Windows 10 Mail App and Exchange ActiveSync with certificate: Good morning, we are testing Windows Mail App as a possible client to Exchange 2016 server from Internet. Our policy required username + password and client certificate. When I have a computer outside the domain I succesfully configure email account and in the account...
  5. Windows 10 Mail App and Exchange ActiveSync with certificate

Windows 10 Mail App and Exchange ActiveSync with certificate: Good morning, we are testing Windows Mail App as a possible client to Exchange 2016 server from Internet. Our policy required username + password and client certificate. When I have a computer outside the domain I succesfully configure email account and in the account...
  6. Mail not syncing sent mail with exchange server email address

Mail not syncing sent mail with exchange server email address: Hello I have two email accounts set up for work purposes only. One is IMAP, the other one Exchange. The IMAP is syncing no problem. The Exchange email has stopped syncing my older SENT emails. Settings are correct and option to sync mail from any time is checked. This...
  7. Mail app failing for Exchange accounts, 0x86000c29

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app failing for Exchange accounts, 0x86000c29: I'm trying to link the Mail app to a couple of Exchange email accounts at other companies, and I'm having issues ONLY with one of the four PC's I'm using to do this that I've set up over the past week or so. I actually had the accounts running on only this PC in the past...
  8. Exchange Server Mail Send/Receive Problem

Exchange Server Mail Send/Receive Problem: Hi to all, We're using Microsoft Exchange Server in our company. About every few months, some of our users says they can't get mails from other users. We found the basic solution by deleting the automatically completed record in the recipient section from the screen of the...
  9. Mail App & Exchange Account

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App & Exchange Account: My university account comes up with the error code 0x85002012 (Something went wrong: we can't sync right now). Whenever I add the account (via Exchange or manual server configuration) it works for a week to a month, but it starts doing this after some amount of time. Is their...
  10. BSOD Exchange Server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Exchange Server: Got a BSOD on an Exchange server today, Windows 2008 R2. I was just looking around the exchange management console and the machine disconnected me, I went into VMWare, opened the console and it had BSOD on me. I managed to run the minidump file in windbg and get the...