Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail App and Windows Live Mail

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail App and Windows Live Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, this is my first post. I have only very recently upgraded to Windows 10 being very happy with Premium 7. Since upgrading, among other things, I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bazwight, Jun 21, 2016.

1. bazwight Win User

Windows 10 Mail App and Windows Live Mail

Hello, this is my first post. I have only very recently upgraded to Windows 10 being very happy with Premium 7. Since upgrading, among other things, I am experiencing problems with my mail. Windows Live Mail still delivers my e-mail but I would like to move on to the Mail App in 10. I have added accounts to it but am repeatedly being sent messages to say that two of my mail addresses need attention. I keep on typing in the passwords but very soon after the same thing happens. I have "Gmail" and an "outlook.com" account both of which been accepted on the Windows 10 Mail App. The two which repeatedly say need attention are my Hotmail and IOS provider, Talktalk e-mail addresses. At the moment I seem to between a rock and a hard place with neither Windows Live Mail nor Windows 10 Mail App being totally reliable. Help, please! *Sad

:)

bazwight, Jun 21, 2016
  2. CESantos Win User

Moving messages from Windows Live Mail to the Windows 10 Mail App

I'm trying to move from Windows Live Mail to the Windows 10 Mail App. The folders in my MSN mail account in Windows Live Mail automatically get copied into my MSN Mail account in the Windows 10 Mail App.

However, the messages in the folders do not get copied over.

How do I get these copied so that I can move away from Windows Live Mail?

Thanks,

- Charlie

CESantos, Jun 21, 2016
  3. after upgrading to windows 10 , mail app dont show notification for new mails

after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8.1, mail app dont show notification for new mails like in it's live tile there's no showing of numbers of new mails but in windows 8.1 that mail app live tile used to show the number of new mails is in my inbox.
    i have no internet problem and also i have uninstalled and then reinstalled mail app several times in windows 10 and live tile is set to on for mail app but still the problem exists. please help me to fix this issue.

JAGRATA PARUI, Jun 21, 2016
  4. bazwight Win User

Replying to myself. Isn't there anyone out there in Window 10 Land who understands my plight and migh be able to help?

bazwight, Jun 28, 2016
  5. LM2007 Win User
    For Gmail you need to create an App Password in your Gmail account to use Windows Mail with it. This is done by going to Sign-In & Security-->Connected Apps and Sites-->App Passwords-->Select type of application to use-->Select the device you will use the email (Windows computer for example)--> click "Generate" and type that password in Windows 10 Mail.

Also remember that you need POP\IMAP to be enabled. To check this go to your Gmail account (via web), then Settings, Forwarding and POP\IMAP. Status must say "Enabled".

For Outlook is almost the same. Click the nut symbol , then Options-->
    • "Connect devices and applications with POP" and check if its enabled.
    After i did this both worked.

For the others two i can't help because i don't have iOS.

LM2007, Jun 28, 2016
  6. bazwight Win User
    Thanks for replying LM2007. Both the Outlook and Gmail accounts are OK and logged into Windows 10 Mail. It's the talktalk and Hotmail I'm having problems with. However, thank you for taking the time to respond to my query, I was beginning to wonder if there was anyone out there.

bazwight, Jun 29, 2016
  7. LM2007 Win User
    Glad i could help. In my understanding Hotmail is Outlook now, if you mean Outlook.com.

LM2007, Jun 29, 2016
  8. bazwight Win User

Yes, I did mean Outlook.com. Maybe that's why Hotmail keeps coming up as out of date, although I'm still receiving Hotmail e-mails. Strange.

bazwight, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail App and Windows Live Mail - Similar Threads - Mail App Live

2. windows 10 live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 live mail: I have set the default font in my Windows Live Mail settings but when I click to start a new message it doesn't go to the default setting I chose. I go back to the settings and it shows the default font I chose. This has only started happening recently so I don't know what...
  3. New computer... migrate Windows Live mail to Windows 10 Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    New computer... migrate Windows Live mail to Windows 10 Mail app: I'm doing an upgrade on my mother in laws computer. New mainboard, etc... She was running Windows 10 Pro 64bit, upgraded in place from Windows 7 Pro 64bit. She was using Windows Live Mail as her email client. Now that we have a fresh installation of Windows 10, I find that...
  4. Window 10 Live Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 Live Mail: I just upgraded to Windows 10 and considering using Windows 10 Live Mail as email client. I setup a Live Mail account and my email inbox from internet provider email account came across just fine but I could not find anywhere to close the Reading Pane. Does Live Mail's...
  5. windows 10 live mail

windows 10 live mail: since windows 10 updates "send link" greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-live-mail/e4b9576a-0bff-40d1-98cd-d50bd5191611
  6. Mails from Windows Live Mail to Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mails from Windows Live Mail to Mail: Hi, How to get old mails and mail folders from "Windows live Mail" & "Outlook 2007" to "Mail" app in Windows 10. Thanks Prashant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/mails-from-windows-live-mail-to-mail/22773ad1-1b23-486e-bcae-3143c4216a58
  7. windows 10 Live mail

windows 10 Live mail: There is Live mail in windows 10 ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-live-mail/331c696b-f964-487c-875a-c8371bc480da
  8. Windows 10 Mail App: Import from Windows Live Mail?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App: Import from Windows Live Mail?: I've seen this question asked several times, but no satisfactory answer. I refuse to believe that Microsoft would have omitted this basic function. How does one Import from Windows Live Mail into the Windows 10 Mail App? 24354
  9. Windows 10 Mail App: Migrate from Windows Live Mail?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App: Migrate from Windows Live Mail?: When I upgraded my wife's PC I expected her Windows Live Mail settings and data to be migrated to the Windows 10 Mail App, and for this app to become the default. Is this migration possible? Having said that, I'm not sure I've even found the Mail app! 9876
  10. Windows Live mail and Mail 10 question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Live mail and Mail 10 question: My 10 mail stopped download to my accounts on 9-1-16, but my windows live mail is still working, which is a good thing. When I did the free upgrade to 10 from win 7 in late July I was pleased to see that I had both WLM and Mail10, but 10 is not loading any more mail....