Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail app can't send emails

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail app can't send emails in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi I am on a local ISP (mail.naples.net) that uses POP3 and would like to use the Windows 10 mail client. I can receive emails no problem but am not... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dsmith888, Aug 17, 2015.

1. dsmith888 Win User

Windows 10 Mail app can't send emails

Hi
    I am on a local ISP (mail.naples.net) that uses POP3 and would like to use the Windows 10 mail client. I can receive emails no problem but am not able to send. It just stays in OUTBOX. The only error message I can find is 'attention required' in the accounts tab when I go there. Both my incoming and outgoing servers address are "mail.naples.net" My yahoo account with this client works fine. Your suggestions and help appreciated.

:)

dsmith888, Aug 17, 2015

2. Unable to send Emails from Windows 10 Mail app

can't send emails on mail app for windows 10

PeteHoeppner, Aug 17, 2015
  3. rad1(2) Win User
    Unable to send group emails in mail app in Windows 10.

Why is the Mail App so basic in windows 10. You can't sort mail by 'from', flagged' etc., etc. can't save people to to People App automatically as you can when on line and you can't send group emails. What is the point of having this version?

Original title: windows 10 mail app

rad1(2), Aug 17, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Mail app can't send emails

I have the same problem and have tried every suggestion to fix. Nothing helps. Good luck and post if you do find a solution, please.

CAHardbarger, Aug 25, 2015
  5. Take a look at this page and double check all of your settings.

Send/Receive NFN eMail Remotely and Securely | NFN FAQs

Try using a secure connection

Incoming mail (POP3)

Windows 10 Mail app can't send emails [​IMG]
    This server requires a secure connection (SSL)
    Change the Incoming mail (POP3) port to 995 Outgoing mail (SMTP)

This server requires a secure connection (SSL)
    Change the Outgoing mail (SMTP) port to 587

If your eMail client has Requires authentication, select it
    Most servers use Clear text authentication - do not change that unless your provider gave you instructions to set it up.

Slartybart, Aug 25, 2015
  6. dsmith888 Win User
    @Slartybart
    Thank you for commenting. I have read that page many times but do not see an ability on Windows 10 mail to adjust any parameters like port numbers or timeouts. Outlook on Windows 7 shows other configuration parameters for this mail account that I would love to try on Windows 10 if I had the whereabouts of where I could tweak them.

dsmith888, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail app can't send emails

1. Windows 10 Mail app can't send emails - Similar Threads - Mail app can't

2. Mail app not sending email with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app not sending email with Windows 11: Mail app has been working correctly for months and months. Recently I have found that some emails had not been sent. They were stuck in the Outbox. The only way to get them sent is to reboot. This has happened on 6 or 7 times in the last month, and it is very frustrating,...
  3. Mail app not sending email with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app not sending email with Windows 11: Mail app has been working correctly for months and months. Recently I have found that some emails had not been sent. They were stuck in the Outbox. The only way to get them sent is to reboot. This has happened on 6 or 7 times in the last month, and it is very frustrating,...
  4. Mail app not sending email with Windows 11

Mail app not sending email with Windows 11: When sending an email from the Mail app in Windows 11, the email appears to send but then disappears. It's not in Drafts, Outbox or Sent folder. It was working fine and then this issue showed up. If I delete the account and re-add, it works for a short time and then the issue...
  5. Mail app for Windows is not sending emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail app for Windows is not sending emails: I have an issue with the Mail app for Windows. It stopped sending emails, they are hanging in the outbox. But inbound correspondence gets into inbox without any problems. I have this issue only with the Mail App, Outlookworks as expected. Could you help me fix it?...
  6. Can't send email using Windows 10 Mail

Can't send email using Windows 10 Mail: I am having trouble send emails using the windows mail program on my computer. I can receive, just can't send. this is the error message: We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if...
  7. Windows 10 Mail app not sending or receiving emails

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mail app not sending or receiving emails: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]We’ve heard of several folks speaking of the inability to send emails from the built-in Mail app within Windows 10. Now, this can be a huge problem for those who receive and send emails on a regular basis. We understand [...] This post Windows 10 Mail app...
  8. Sending emails using Mail app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sending emails using Mail app: I have Windows 10 and an old version of Outlook 2007 installed on the pc. I’d like to use only Mail app. In the Settings I have Mail as my default email program. But when I 'send via email' in Word or Explorer, Outlook (2007) always opens. How to send email only using Mail?...
  9. Mail App unable to send emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail App unable to send emails: every time I attempt to send an email using the windows 10 mail app I get this email in return We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and that no...
  10. Windows 10 Mail App will not download or send emails

Windows 10 Mail App will not download or send emails: Mail app will not download or send emails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-app-will-not-download-or-send/d35b4402-13c3-4a66-971b-cc7c62b62595

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant send email from windows 10 mail

2. windows mail cant send mesages

3. cant send email from windows mail

4. i have one account and using windows 10 but cant send emails,
  5. gmail app pc not sending phone works fine,
  6. windows mail app: cant receive emails but can send,
  7. windows messaging cant send,
  8. windows 10 email app wont send mail from gmail ,
  9. windows 10 mail app not sending gmail mail,
  10. gmail not sending via mail app windows 10,
  11. win 10 error messages with yahoo mail,