Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail App Crashes in Settings

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail App Crashes in Settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I click on "Focussed Inbox" or "Notifications" in settings, the Mail app just crashes. Other settings appear to work but these two never do.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JRBonser, Apr 11, 2019.

1. JRBonser Win User

Windows 10 Mail App Crashes in Settings

Whenever I click on "Focussed Inbox" or "Notifications" in settings, the Mail app just crashes.

Other settings appear to work but these two never do.

I have tried un-installing and re-installing with no luck.

Windows 10 1809

:)

JRBonser, Apr 11, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 Mail App Crashes in Settings :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 11, 2019
  3. philc43 Win User
    Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Mail App Crashes in Settings

Mail App in Windows 10

Hi John,

We apologize for the delay in response.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings.

• Open the Mail app and sign in to your account.
    • Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.
    • Click on the Accounts under
      Settings
    • Click on your account and select Change settings.
    • Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.
    If the issue persist, follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the mail app, reconfigure the email account in mail app and check if the mail app is working properly.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the Mail and Calendar apps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail and calendar app.
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

Note: After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app form the Windows store.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail App Crashes in Settings

1. Windows 10 Mail App Crashes in Settings - Similar Threads - Mail App Crashes

2. Windows 10 settings app crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 settings app crash: Hi today from nothing the settings app on my windows 10 just CRASH WITHOUT A REASONIf you open app it just crash.I already tried:OPEN POWERSHELL **** ADMINISTRATOR AND:Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name windows.immersivecontrolpanel Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...
  3. Windows 10 mail app crashes and won't load mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 mail app crashes and won't load mail: The mail app completely stopped working today, I have to open it 3 or more times before it stays open, and all mail shows for a couple of seconds before all accounts go blank. When I go into managing accounts within the app, they are not there.Any help is appreciated, I don't...
  4. Windows 10 mail app crashes and won't load mail

Windows 10 mail app crashes and won't load mail: The mail app completely stopped working today, I have to open it 3 or more times before it stays open, and all mail shows for a couple of seconds before all accounts go blank. When I go into managing accounts within the app, they are not there.Any help is appreciated, I don't...
  5. Windows 10 mail app crashes and won't load mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows Mail App Crashing

Windows Mail App Crashing: I just got a brand new HP Spectre. I added my emails to the windows mail app. Then I tried to hit settings --> notifications. Every time I hit notifications the app crashes and turns off. I have restarted my computer, checked for updates and nothing works. Could this be an...
  7. Windows 10 Settings app crashing

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Settings app crashing: If Windows 10 Settings flashes and disappears, or keeps closing or crashing as soon as you open it, then this post offers solutions that will help you fix the problem. Windows 10 Settings keeps crashing These are the things we are going to do to fix Setting app crashes in...
  8. Windows 10 mail app crashes/ won't load mail

Windows 10 mail app crashes/ won't load mail: My mail app stopped working completely today, I have to open it 2 or more times before it stays open, and all mail shows for a couple second before all account go blank. When I go into manage accounts within the app, they are not there. I've tried restarting my laptop,...
  9. Mail app crash on Windows 10

Mail app crash on Windows 10: after last update the mail wont stay open. It will open for about 3 seconds then closes ***Original Title: surface pro mail*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-crash-on-windows-10/b5992afa-e0ff-4d79-8487-b8d354d94697
  10. windows 10 phone - mail app crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 phone - mail app crashing: My Lumia 650 with W10 Mail app has started to crash as soon as I try and open any emails I can see the preview but nothing will open and I can't start a new email I have uninstalled and reinstalled Deleted the IE/Edge cashe (as suggested in MS answer - don't know why that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mail default in windows 10 crashes

2. windows 10 mail crashes when focused inbox setting

3. windows 10 mail app focused inbox setting crashes

4. focused inbox outlook crashing mail,
  5. windows mail crash,
  6. windows 10 mail app focused inbox crash,
  7. changeing deault mail crashes settings,
  8. setting windows default mail app crashes,
  9. settings in windows 10 crashes,
  10. windows mail crashing,
  11. windows10 1903 app mail crasches,