Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail app Dark Mode

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail app Dark Mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have some vision issues and need dark mode throughout mail app including the reading pane. I have dark mode set in settings but reading pane remains... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IainByrne, Apr 4, 2020.

1. IainByrne Win User

Windows 10 Mail app Dark Mode

I have some vision issues and need dark mode throughout mail app including the reading pane.

I have dark mode set in settings but reading pane remains white. I understand there should be a sun/moon toggle to change this but I am unable to find it.

Is it possible to get a dark reading pane on Windows 10 Mail/Calendar app.

Thanks

:)

IainByrne, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 Mail app Dark Mode :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 4, 2020
  3. How do you keep "lights on" in dark mode?

"Dark mode" refers to the Mail app's dark mode, common to Windows apps. Affects the color of the message list, menu bar, etc.

"Lights on" or "lights off" refers to the reading pane's background color, a feature recently added to Mail.

I'm asking if there's a way to set "lights on" to default, even if the Mail app is set to dark mode.

Ian Patterson, Apr 4, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 Dark Mode Not Working

Hi kontkrabber

In Windows 10 version 1903, the Mode settings changed, please try this:

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Personalization - Colors

Set 'Choose your Color' to Custom

Set Windows Mode to Dark

Set App Mode to Dark

If that does not work for you, toggle App Mode to light, then back to Dark . . .

If your settings are different to the above listed settings:

Click your Start Button, type winver and hit Enter

On the resulting dialog, what Version No. and build No. of Windows 10 are you running?

DaveM121, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail app Dark Mode - Similar Threads - Mail app Dark

2. Dark mode on Microsoft Apps !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark mode on Microsoft Apps !: Hi there, I am having a problem with the dark modes on Microsoft apps. while I am studying I have both Microsoft Word and OneNote on my computer; the problem is that while I am working with Word, I prefer "dark mode" and a "dark gray" while working with OneNote! is there any...
  3. Dark mode on Microsoft Apps !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dark mode on Microsoft Apps !: Hi there, I am having a problem with the dark modes on Microsoft apps. while I am studying I have both Microsoft Word and OneNote on my computer; the problem is that while I am working with Word, I prefer "dark mode" and a "dark gray" while working with OneNote! is there any...
  4. Windows 10/11 Mail app dark mode issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 Mail app dark mode issue: Windows 10/11 mail app forces emails to render weirdly while in dark mode. It's extremely annoying. Emails containing dark background or color are forced to render with light colored background. What is the point of dark mode then? Is there a way to disable this stupid...
  5. Windows 10/11 Mail app dark mode issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10/11 Mail app dark mode issue: Windows 10/11 mail app forces emails to render weirdly while in dark mode. It's extremely annoying. Emails containing dark background or color are forced to render with light colored background. What is the point of dark mode then? Is there a way to disable this stupid...
  6. Windows 10 Dark Mode - Default App mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Dark Mode - Default App mode: I am trying to change windows 10 to "dark mode". I went into the colors tab and looked for "default app mode" but it doesn't show up. I have seen people suggest clicking on custom in the color tab to get it to show up but when I click on custom it brings up a another window...
  7. Windows 10 Dark Mode

Windows 10 Dark Mode: Hi, Am can change dark mode color black change to dark gray & blue? Its high contrast ratio is too much. I am programming on the screen for hours. While the tools I use Sublime Text, Visual Code Studio their dark theme colors do not tire the eye at all, I feel a very...
  8. Windows 10 dark mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 dark mode: Look, it could just be me but the dark mode on Windows 10 is a little too dark for my tastes. don't get me wrong I think the dark mode is a great addition I just wish there was like an inbetween gray mode or something just a little bit lighter .. Like they could have done a...
  9. Windows 10 dark mode

Windows 10 dark mode: Hello, Long story short, I used to have dark mode on and it only affects settings menu, I had to format my laptop and reinstall windows 10, but the problem is, now when I turn dark mode on it affects pretty much everything (file explorer, browsers,...etc) Is there a way...
  10. Microsoft reveals refined dark mode, font settings for Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals refined dark mode, font settings for Windows 10 Mail app: Microsoft last month started testing an improved dark mode for Windows 10’s Mail and Calendar app. Yesterday, Microsoft officially announced the refined dark mode experience for Windows 10’s default mail app and the update is now live for all Insiders. Mail and Calendar...