Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail App - does not show content of Inbox

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail App - does not show content of Inbox in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Using Windows 10 Mail App: I can sync my mail folders including sending e-mails, but for the Inbox the Mail App says "Nothing yet..." and there are no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LarsDalgaard1, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Mail App - does not show content of Inbox

Using Windows 10 Mail App:
    I can sync my mail folders including sending e-mails, but for the Inbox the Mail App says "Nothing yet..." and there are no e-mails there.

If I go online via a web browser and move one of the e-mail from the Inbox to a sub-folder -- it appears in the sub folder in the Mail App also...

If I use Outlook I see all mails - also the ones in the inbox.

I have removed the account and created it again in the Mail App.

I have removed the Mail App via the recommendation Method 2 here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-10-mail/226acf45-09a0-4632-b5d6-6a54e883db7d

Method 2.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install the mail client and check. Follow the below steps to un-install the app.

1. Type Windows in the search box and right click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

2. Type get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* remove-appxpackage on the PowerShell and hit Enter.

Once you un-install the app install it form the Windows store.

--

It still does not work.

Can you please help resolve this?

:)

LarsDalgaard1, Jun 23, 2020

2. Mail app INBOX list view not showing the correct content

In the Windows 10 Mail app, the list of emails is not displaying correctly when I have multiple emails in a thread. Basically the "single-line preview" of the contents of the email is showing the first line from the original email...and NOT the first line
    of the email itself. It seems like a broken experience. Is this going to be fixed?

For instance, if I have received an email...then replied to that same email...there will be several emails listed in my Inbox pane under that subject line. Each email has a different first line...but the list pane in the Mail app shows the first line of
    my original email...not the replies. Does that make sense? I can post a screenshot if you'd like.

JoelSchoenberg, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Two inboxes in Mail App

Hi,

One of the reasons why you are seeing two inbox folders in your Windows Mail app is how your email was set up. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• Have you tried checking your email using a browser to see if there is an existing second inbox folder?
    • When you open the second inbox folder, does it show the same content as the primary inbox folder?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, kindly provide us a screenshot.
    • Did you make any changes before this issue happened?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Kristine Arp, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Mail App - does not show content of Inbox

Mail App, Windows 10 - Inbox not showing anything!

Hello,

Thank you for posting you concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the Mail App for windows 10 is not working properly.

Please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Troubleshooter for Windows 10 appshttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2

I would suggest you to check if there are any pending updates at Store. If they are, install them.

Follow the steps:

a) Type “store” and click on Store.

b) Look for the notification for pending updates available at the top right corner of the store. If yes, click on “updates” to check for the list of updates available.

c) By default, all the updates for the apps would be marked. Right Click on the apps window and select “Install
    updates”.

d) Wait for all the updates to get installed.

Method 3

If the above recommendations did not help, I would suggest youy to reinstall the Mail App. Follow the below steps.

Step 1: Uninstalling Mail App in Windows 10

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

Step 2: Reinstall mail App from Microsoft StoreLink:
    https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9WZDNCRFHVQM

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail App - does not show content of Inbox

1. Windows 10 Mail App - does not show content of Inbox - Similar Threads - Mail App does

2. Mail App - Shared Inbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail App - Shared Inbox: We have recently switched a majority of our team members to Microsoft 365 Basic so they can only access Outlook web app from now on. However, we have an app developed in-house using Access Runtime that everyone also relies on heavily. This app has a feature where if the user...
  3. Mail App - Shared Inbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App - Shared Inbox: We have recently switched a majority of our team members to Microsoft 365 Basic so they can only access Outlook web app from now on. However, we have an app developed in-house using Access Runtime that everyone also relies on heavily. This app has a feature where if the user...
  4. Windows 10 Mail app inbox management

Windows 10 Mail app inbox management: This just started after the recent update. Focused inbox is working. Mail normally sent to other inbox is now going to junk along with what should be junk.****Original Title: Windows 10 mail version 16005.14326 sending other mail to junk.****...
  5. Mail app in Windows 10 not receiving content

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail app in Windows 10 not receiving content: I read all my mail in the Windows 10 app. Gmail company account, for example, from a business I work for. Recently, messages coming from other users in that domain are coming through with no content when they are forwarding messages to me. Any text they write to accompany the...
  6. Changing default inbox in the mail app

Changing default inbox in the mail app: Whenever i open the mail app it shows the email that is in my inbox folder, but not all mails folder. Is there anyway to change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-default-inbox-in-the-mail-app/40d950ab-adbc-4cc1-a867-5f11c6dae8bd
  7. Mail App is not showing attachments in inbox

Mail App is not showing attachments in inbox: Hey All, I have seen this in a number of threads but there have yet to be any adequate resolutions. I have the mail app on my desktop and it recently stopped including attachments. The paperclip is not visible and embedded images are not showing up. When I go to the same...
  8. Windows 10 Mail app won't show synced Gmail inbox

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Mail app won't show synced Gmail inbox: I have added a Gmail account to the Windows 10 Mail app. The account shows when I go to Manage Accounts. But no matter what I do, the account does not show in the left pane. I cannot access or send any emails through this account from the app. I have changed the sync settings...
  9. Windows mail doesn't show mail in inboxes

in Browsers and Email
    Windows mail doesn't show mail in inboxes: So, instead of using my browser for my emails I set them up in Windows Mail, but although it will show all the folders it won't show anything in my inboxes. I've tried syncing but to no avail. 22244
  10. Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care...