Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail app - don't show account name on left

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail app - don't show account name on left in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, I'm setting up a new W10 laptop for my mum. In the standard Mail app I've linked her IMAP account successfully. The name of the account (with... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by brainaddled, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Mail app - don't show account name on left

Hello, I'm setting up a new W10 laptop for my mum.

In the standard Mail app I've linked her IMAP account successfully.

The name of the account (with unread messages count) shows on the left pane, above the list of folders.

Is it possible to hide the account name from the left pane? She only has one account and keeps clicking the account name instead of the inbox.

Thanks!

:)

brainaddled, Jan 18, 2020

2. While sending mail, does not show my name, instead shows my email address

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

If still not working, try the steps below:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.

ManojKumarMK, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Mail app says account is synced, but account not showing up in app

When I first installed Windows 10, I added two Gmail accounts to the mail app and everything worked fine. Suddenly, neither account is showing up in the app, yet when I try to re-add the account, it says it already exists. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Windows 10 Mail app - don't show account name on left [​IMG]

robynjeannette, Jan 18, 2020
  4. raygo1975 Win User

Windows 10 Mail app - don't show account name on left

Windows 10 Mail app deleted all my e-mail accounts

The Windows Mail App (The e-mail client that comes with Windows 10) is where I had all my e-mail accounts setup so I just had one place to check them. All of the e-mail accounts that I had added to the client are now gone. When I open the app instead of seeing a list of my e-mail accounts I see the app as it was when I first started to use it.

My e-mail accounts should be listed in the left hand column under Accounts.

raygo1975, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail app - don't show account name on left

1. Windows 10 Mail app - don't show account name on left - Similar Threads - Mail app don't

2. GMail account in MAIL showing incorrect name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GMail account in MAIL showing incorrect name.: I have added a g mail account to my Mail app and it seems to be working well sending and receiving except for one minor problem. When i send emails from this account, it shows up in the recipient's inbox as coming from a completely different name even though the email address...
  3. GMail account in MAIL showing incorrect name.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GMail account in MAIL showing incorrect name.: I have added a g mail account to my Mail app and it seems to be working well sending and receiving except for one minor problem. When i send emails from this account, it shows up in the recipient's inbox as coming from a completely different name even though the email address...
  4. Windows 10 Mail App: Show recipient's name not email address

Windows 10 Mail App: Show recipient's name not email address: using windows 10 mail app, how do i get the recipient's name to show instead of just their email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-app-show-recipients-name-not-email/6e904840-3c52-4aab-81f1-27affa7c9216
  5. Mail App is using the name for one account for another account.

Mail App is using the name for one account for another account.: Hi, I have two Gmail Accounts connected to the Windows 10 Mail App. Let's call them A and B. I've had A connected to the app for a few years, but connected B a year or so ago, but I don't often send emails from that one. Today, I needed to send an email from B, so I sent...
  6. Windows 10 Mail App - Name Change?

Windows 10 Mail App - Name Change?: Hello! There is an issue with the mail app that has been letting out my name to clients. I am unable to change it. This is quite disheartening and I'm ashamed on Microsoft's behalf to find there has been no update to this bug. However, I am hoping someone knows at least a...
  7. Windows 10 Mail App Folder Names for each account.

Windows 10 Mail App Folder Names for each account.: We own our own domain, and work with multiple accounts. Each person in my family has at least 2 accounts One public, and one private.; Plus, I have a separate E-mail account set up for each online vendor or account. When I set up all of my accounts in the Mail app, I linked...
  8. Mail desktop app and account sender name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail desktop app and account sender name: Not sure if this has been posted before, but the mail app sends out my name as "RobertXPS13" How can I change this? I'm using this Gmail account to send out professional emails and it looks bad that I have that as my alias. I'd appreciate any help! submitted by /u/krnrice27...
  9. Name of Windows 10 Mail app replaced

in Windows 10 Customization
    Name of Windows 10 Mail app replaced: [IMG] Hi! I have installed windows 10 1803 for my new computer. The name has replaced on action center, settings but not in the start menu. Calendar gets the same problem. And the icon missing in default apps settings. I already have installed, run sfc, repair with iso but...
  10. Mail not showing "send mail as" name for gmail accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Mail not showing "send mail as" name for gmail accounts: I use two gmail accounts and each has a "send mail as" name specified, meaning when I send an e-mail, the recipient will see the sender as being the name I specified, rather than just my e-mail address. When I send mail from gmail, this works, but when I send mail from...