Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail App - emails grouped by conversation after search - can I turn it off?

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail App - emails grouped by conversation after search - can I turn it off? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I REALLY dislike having my emails 'grouped by conversation' and I have turned it off for my inbox. However I've noticed that since the last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jheaduk, Oct 19, 2020.

1. jheaduk Win User

Windows 10 Mail App - emails grouped by conversation after search - can I turn it off?

Hello

I REALLY dislike having my emails 'grouped by conversation' and I have turned it off for my inbox.

However I've noticed that since the last update to Windows when I perform a search of my mailbox the results come back grouped by conversation. I find it confusing.

Is there an option to roll this back? Can I point out that if someone has chosen to turn off grouped by conversation they are highly unlikely to want this option turned on by default when they search their emails

Thanks

Jeremy

:)

jheaduk, Oct 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 mail - turning off conversations grouping

How does suggesting someone to go to a Windows 8 setting when they are talking about Windows 10???????

There appears to be no setting option in Windows 10 to turn off conversation grouping.

How can that possibly be an "improvement" in the Mail app. I now have a screen full of emails that I simply don't need nor want to see.

GarryKukura, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Unable to Turn Off Conversation View in Windows Mail

Hello James,

When you set up your email accounts in the Mail app for Windows 10, all of your messages are grouped by conversation, which means messages with the same subject are grouped together.

This
    link
    will give us steps on How do I turn off arrange by conversation in Mail for Windows 10.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Haidae Tam, Oct 19, 2020
  4. BCurrier Win User

Windows 10 Mail App - emails grouped by conversation after search - can I turn it off?

Windows 10 mail - turning off conversations grouping

Windows 10 is installed and mail running on the app/system that comes with it. Not sure if that's outlook.com or windows live mail. It's whatever came out of the box at installation of Windows 10.

The default program groups conversations. I want to turn that off.

There doesn't seem to be a settings or view choice that allows me to configure how mail works, including turning off conversation grouping.

How can I do that?

Thank you.

BCurrier, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail App - emails grouped by conversation after search - can I turn it off? - Similar Threads - Mail App emails

2. Windows 10 Mail app showing search results in "conversation" mode but setting is on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail app showing search results in "conversation" mode but setting is on...: Just as the subject says... Somehow after one of the Windows updates, some of my settings in the Mail App reset to default i.e. color scheme, conversation view, etc.. I switched everything back but the search function is still showing results in "conversation" view. I've...
  3. Saving email group in Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Saving email group in Mail app: I can't see how to save a large group of addressees that I have sent an email to (40 members of a club) so that I can use it again. I don't want to save them all individually into my People app. In Outlook I was able to save such a group and name it (eg "Rotary". Windows...
  4. Cannot turn off an email account in Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot turn off an email account in Windows 10 Mail: I cannot turn off an email account in Windows 10 Mail. I have followed the correct procedures in Advanced Mail Box settings. I turn off the email and press done and then save. The emails still download. When I return to the email settings for that account and Mail has...
  5. group emails in windows 10 mail

group emails in windows 10 mail: whilst I kind of like windows 10 it is sometimes not user friendly, I used to be able to create a mailing list for my club members now I find it impossible with the mail app in windows 10 whoever created this did not have ordinary people in mind. pleeeese help how can I...
  6. Search for Mail App Email Profiles?

Search for Mail App Email Profiles?: Hi all, Anyone know if there's a way to search whether users may have added in an email into the Mail App and if there's a way to prevent users from using it? I know you can remove it via PowerShell, but would like to get an idea of how many users actually may have added...
  7. Windows Mail App - email groups

Windows Mail App - email groups: I have just been on line with Microsoft who confirm the Windows Mail App does not have the facility to create email groups. I need to use this function regularly and I am currently using my Gmail account for this purpose. When will Microsoft develop an email groups function...
  8. Turn On or Off Group by Conversation in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Group by Conversation in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Group by Conversation in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Group by Conversation in Message List of Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and...
  9. Turn On or Off Signature in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Signature in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Signature in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Mail app Signature in Windows 10 Windows 10 comes with a new Mail app. The new Mail app brings improved performance and a familiar three-pane email UI, with a toggle to quickly move between...
  10. Turn On or Off Email for Account in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Email for Account in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Email for Account in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Email for Account in Mail app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with...