Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail App file locations and type

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail App file locations and type in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, While adding the mail account in Windows 10 Mail App, available options are: Add Outlook.com Add Exchange Office 365 Add Google Add Yahoo Add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by InTechSys, Oct 15, 2019.

1. InTechSys Win User

Windows 10 Mail App file locations and type

Hi,

While adding the mail account in Windows 10 Mail App, available options are:
    • Add Outlook.com
    • Add Exchange Office 365
    • Add Google
    • Add Yahoo
    • Add iCloud

• Other account (POP & IMAP)
    1. If we add either of Outlook.com or Google or Yahoo, what is its type POP3 or IMAP?
    2. Whatever email account we add, a folder is created, what is the path of folder?
    3. While adding the email account, can we change the path of mail folder? if yes, how?

4. What we say the name of mail folder? Is it OST?

Please resolve my all above queries.

Regards
    InTechSys

:)

InTechSys, Oct 15, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 Mail App file locations and type :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Mail & Calendar Apps Unable to open

Thank you for the information.

If that's the case, we suggest resetting Mail & Calendar app by following the steps below:

• On the search bar, type Settings and press Enter.
    • Select Apps.
    • Locate and click Mail and Calendar, select Reset.

After resetting the apps, we recommend resetting cache of Windows Store:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type WSReset.exe and press Enter.

Let us know if you're able to access Mail & Calendar apps.

Regards.

Justine Pel, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Mail App file locations and type

Windows 10 - Error Ox85050041. Mail app not syncing e-mails and Windows update not working.

Hello Linda,

We understand now that your are facing issue with your e-mail syncing in Mail app and Windows update not working. Let's try the steps below and check if it works:

Step 1: Kindly follow the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it helps:

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10

Step 2: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Update troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 3:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail App file locations and type

1. Windows 10 Mail App file locations and type - Similar Threads - Mail App file

2. Unsupported file type in windows mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsupported file type in windows mail app: Hey all!I just recently upgraded to windows 11. I am now unable to upload python .py files as attachments. I used to be able to do this.It seems odd as I'm allowed to upload files from other langs .cpp, .cs, and .java as they all work properly. I can even upload csv files and...
  3. Unsupported file type in windows mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unsupported file type in windows mail app: Hey all!I just recently upgraded to windows 11. I am now unable to upload python .py files as attachments. I used to be able to do this.It seems odd as I'm allowed to upload files from other langs .cpp, .cs, and .java as they all work properly. I can even upload csv files and...
  4. Windows 10 Mail email files located

Windows 10 Mail email files located: Could you tell me where are Windows 10 Mail pop3 received and sent emails stored? What is the location of the file where the emails are stored in the hard disk? I have seen a couple of posts but none have a correct answer. For example: "Windows Mail App in Windows 10...
  5. Mail app that came with Windows 10 location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail app that came with Windows 10 location: I got a new PC with Windows 10 and I was wondering where the .exe location is for the Mail app that came with the PC is at so I can add a shortcut of it to my start up folder. Thank you....
  6. Unsupported attachment file types in Windows 10 Mail App

Unsupported attachment file types in Windows 10 Mail App: Hi all, I am trying to attach a python file .py file in Windows 10 default Mail app; it fails to attach the file and shows, "some attachment file types aren't supported. try sharing with Onedrive instead." Why am I not allowed to perform this simple task? How to fix this?...
  7. Mail App store location

Mail App store location: Hello! I'm having some space problems with my SSD (where Windows 10 is installed) and found out that the Mail app is taking up a lot of space. Since I don't even use it, is there some way to free up most of this space? I tried changing the settings on storing only last...
  8. Windows 10 mail app archive file location

Windows 10 mail app archive file location: I want to create an archive file so I can copy it and use it after I reboot my surface but the mail app does not allow me to select where the archive file is stored?...
  9. Physical Location for Windows 10 Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Physical Location for Windows 10 Mail App: I want to run Windows 10 Mail App from my Access database but I'm unable to find the location for it. Can anyone tell me where the Mail App's executable is?? James 60924
  10. File location of Mail app in Windows 10?

in Browsers and Email
    File location of Mail app in Windows 10?: I want to get the right click > send to > mail receipient functionalilty working in W10 and to do this I need to set the file association for the .mapimail extention. Anyone know where I should set it to (the location of the Windows Mail app) please? 14645