Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail App Focused Problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail App Focused Problem in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How to I get rid of this this thing for good? After updating to the Creator edition, Microsoft changed my Inbox to this Focused crap. I followed the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by StevenTodd, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Mail App Focused Problem

How to I get rid of this this thing for good? After updating to the Creator edition, Microsoft changed my Inbox to this Focused crap. I followed the directions by going to the settings in the Reading tab and turned off the "Sort messages into Focused & Other." However, when I open the Mail App several hours later Microsoft has turned in back on. I also noticed when Focused is enabled, I no longer get the banner and sound when new mail arrives. When I turn it off, the banner and sound return. But then, like I stated, several hours later when I open the Mail App it has re-enabled Focus on my e-mail in-box and the banner and sound no longer functions. I go in and turn the thing off again but several hours later it has turned itself back on.

I have even uninstalled and reinstalled the App several times. I wish Microsoft would quit forcing these changes on people without their permission.

:)

StevenTodd, Apr 15, 2017

2. How do i stop Focused/Other and keep everything going into in 1 inbox ??

If you're referring to the Mail app built-in in Windows 10, open the app and go to Settings > Reading > Focused Inbox and switch the option Off.

Regards,

Alberto Giura (AlbyTech), Apr 15, 2017
  3. JimDirt Win User
    How do i stop Focused/Other and keep everything going into in 1 inbox ??

If you're referring to the Mail app built-in in Windows 10, open the app and go to Settings > Reading > Focused Inbox and switch the option Off.

Regards,

I just tried that , it DOES NOT WORK , it still shows Focused and Other and my emails are still separated , i want Focused and Other GONE so its just 1 single INBOX with ALL my emails in 1 place , not Inbox/Focused/Other , i even closed and re-opened
    Windows 10 Mail App ,(i did not log out , i just closed it and re-opened it) and its still the same , so how do i REMOVE Focused /Other from showing up period , in Windows 10 Mail App and ALL my emails put into 1 single Inbox ?????

JimDirt, Apr 15, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail App Focused Problem

1. Windows 10 Mail App Focused Problem - Similar Threads - Mail App Focused

2. Problem with Mail app in Windows 10 and Yahoo mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Mail app in Windows 10 and Yahoo mail: I have been using the Mail app in Windows 10 for a very long time. A few months ago, I started having problems with some emails that I received only showing the written program lines and not the actual email. I deleted my email account, shut down my computer, then have been...
  3. Problem with Mail app in Windows 10 and Yahoo mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Mail app in Windows 10 and Yahoo mail: I have been using the Mail app in Windows 10 for a very long time. A few months ago, I started having problems with some emails that I received only showing the written program lines and not the actual email. I deleted my email account, shut down my computer, then have been...
  4. Mail app Windows 10 problem

Mail app Windows 10 problem: I have windows 10 on my tablet and use mail for 2 accounts. Everything has always worked satisfactorily until today, now the emails are arriving, I can see the heading and who its from but can't read the message, it flashes up when I open it but then it disappears!! I have...
  5. Windows 10 Mail app problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Mail app problem: [ATTACH] I really love this app. But it's crashing on some mails lately. I think it's somewhat related to x.y.z@something kind of e-mail addresses. https://preview.redd.it/xxck03pi8ht51.jpg?width=1918&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=f688398b882398b48c179a275c049d81b4b32ad9 The...
  6. windows 10 mail app problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 mail app problem: I am using windows 10. Attachments are not showing in mail app.Please help for the same as soon as possible.also mail app is receiving mails with delay even with sync setting 'as item arrives'.please help for this also.any help will be highly appreciated....
  7. focus folder in windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    focus folder in windows 10 mail: I wish to remove the focus folder but on looking at the various solutions put on line, none of the screens featured appear like mine! I have no view tab or gear icon. The only mail settings I have are change mail box sync options or delete account This is a neew issue...
  8. Windows 10 Mail app missing Focused Inbox for Gmail accounts

Windows 10 Mail app missing Focused Inbox for Gmail accounts: On my Surface Pro 4, I was able to have my Gmail inbox in the native Windows 10 inbox app use the Focused Inbox feature. I get a lot of clutter and marketing emails, so it was really handy to find the signal among the noise. With Google killing the Inbox app, I decided to...
  9. Windows 10 Mail App Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App Problem: After installing the Windows 10 Cumulative Update when I open my Windows 10 Mail App and open a message the text of the message is aligned to the extreme left but images and text under the image are aligned to the extreme right. Before the update everything was aligned to the...
  10. Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care...