Windows 10: Windows 10 mail app/Frequently used email addresses showing on the bottom of the list

Discus and support Windows 10 mail app/Frequently used email addresses showing on the bottom of the list in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, This is John. I have been having trouble with autofill on windows 10 mail app. When I type the first few letters of an email address, most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Trans IncPacific, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Windows 10 mail app/Frequently used email addresses showing on the bottom of the list

Hi,

This is John.

I have been having trouble with autofill on windows 10 mail app.

When I type the first few letters of an email address, most frequently used email was always on top of the list.

But for a couple of weeks, frequently used email shows on the bottom of the list and it's getting a little annoying

since i have to scroll all the way down to it. Anyone has a solution?

Thanks.

Moved from: Outlook.com/ Email / Composing email

:)

Trans IncPacific, Feb 20, 2020
  2. kjdawson1 Win User

Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Bastet Win User
    Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

That’s now the People app. Windows 10 mail app/Frequently used email addresses showing on the bottom of the list :)
    If you know the contact's name or email address & they’re listed in the People app, you can start typing the first few letters of their name or email address and Mail for Windows 10 will suggest matching contacts.

Bastet, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Sam Vimes Win User

Windows 10 mail app/Frequently used email addresses showing on the bottom of the list

Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions

I'm not a big fan of the MS Mail program and don't really use it for serious stuff but somehow or other if I create a new email then as I start to enter the recipients address a whole load of suggestions will appear. I don't have any contacts in the People app so I'm not sure where these come from.

The question is how can I clear this list so that I no longer get the suggestions?

Thanks

Sam Vimes, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 mail app/Frequently used email addresses showing on the bottom of the list

1. Windows 10 mail app/Frequently used email addresses showing on the bottom of the list - Similar Threads - mail app Frequently

2. Wrong email address in Mail app windows 10 not Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong email address in Mail app windows 10 not Outlook: I have a wrong email address that keeps appearing in the Windows10 Mail pp not Outlook that I cannot deleteThere is no "X" to delete and using arrow keys and delete button does nothingNo, this is not in contacts, Several people have listed this issue and MS keep posting how...
  3. Wrong email address in Mail app windows 10 not Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong email address in Mail app windows 10 not Outlook: I have a wrong email address that keeps appearing in the Windows10 Mail pp not Outlook that I cannot deleteThere is no "X" to delete and using arrow keys and delete button does nothingNo, this is not in contacts, Several people have listed this issue and MS keep posting how...
  4. Email address and name link in Window 10 Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Email address and name link in Window 10 Mail app: The Window 10 Mail app is associating a name with my Gmail address, and outgoing emails include this name with the senders email address, which can be confusing to the email receiver. I can't find any reference to this name in the Gmail or Mail app settings. Apparently, the...
  5. Email address and name link in Window 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Support
    Email address and name link in Window 10 Mail app: The Window 10 Mail app is associating a name with my Gmail address, and outgoing emails include this name with the senders email address, which can be confusing to the email receiver. I can't find any reference to this name in the Gmail or Mail app settings. Apparently, the...
  6. Windows 10 Mail App: Show recipient's name not email address

Windows 10 Mail App: Show recipient's name not email address: using windows 10 mail app, how do i get the recipient's name to show instead of just their email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-app-show-recipients-name-not-email/6e904840-3c52-4aab-81f1-27affa7c9216
  7. Permanently remove list of previously used email addresses in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Permanently remove list of previously used email addresses in Windows Mail: I need to permanently remove a list of previously used email addresses in Windows Mail. When I go to add an account on the Windows Mail app and select 'Outlook.com', it brings up this list of email addresses on the 'Let's get you signed In' 'Use one of these accounts'...
  8. Wrong Email Address used in Windows Mail App

Wrong Email Address used in Windows Mail App: I added two gmail email address to Window App within the last week. When I reply to messages in these accounts it picks up the sender address from a third gmail account. This doesn't happen with comcast or outlook addresses being used in the app. Any suggestions?...
  9. email addresses list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    email addresses list: New to Windows 10 - How do I view my E mail address list? How do I edit E mail addresses and or names? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-addresses-list/cf1eaeee-2d24-4689-89f7-88352ecba178
  10. syncing email address on mail app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    syncing email address on mail app: I managed to log in with the account but I was unable to sync my email address on Mail app with the error code 0x800700657. I tried to delete and re-setup the account, but it didn’t help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Recently Used Addresses windows 10 mail