Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail App Help

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail App Help in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, I have Windows 10 and use the mail app. I have an issue where when i open the app and try to create a new email and i start typing a name... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by shane from oz, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Mail App Help

Hello all,

I have Windows 10 and use the mail app.
    I have an issue where when i open the app and try to create a new email and i start typing a name eg : Sha for Shane it does not link to my contacts in the people app.
    When i open the people app i can see Shane in contacts.
    I have tried everything and catn get it to work correctly.
    Hoping someone can please help me.

:)

shane from oz, Dec 12, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 Mail App Help :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Mail App Help

Mail App in Windows 10

Hi John,

We apologize for the delay in response.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings.

• Open the Mail app and sign in to your account.
    • Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.
    • Click on the Accounts under
      Settings
    • Click on your account and select Change settings.
    • Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.
    If the issue persist, follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the mail app, reconfigure the email account in mail app and check if the mail app is working properly.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the Mail and Calendar apps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail and calendar app.
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

Note: After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app form the Windows store.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail App Help

1. Windows 10 Mail App Help - Similar Threads - Mail App Help

2. need help with mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help with mail app: your customer service chat wont work. the mail app wont send email. Need it fixed now!!!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-mail-app/34f0371a-dc4f-442e-84db-5be844f9cedf
  3. need help with mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need help with mail app: your customer service chat wont work. the mail app wont send email. Need it fixed now!!!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-mail-app/34f0371a-dc4f-442e-84db-5be844f9cedf
  4. Help in Windows 10 Mail app

Help in Windows 10 Mail app: Dear Sir , I have an email address on google and I am using google Alias so, when i send e-mails to my customers it appears to them like this *** Email address is removed for privacy *** instead of @gmail.com . Now, i started to use Windows 10 Mail app and i already...
  5. Help with my Mail app

Help with my Mail app: Hello. I noticed the first issues with this App almost one month ago: basically, when I go in the app to read my emails it crashes OR it says I don't have emails every account is blank OR it works for a few seconds and then stops. Emails are not synced as before, I don't get...
  6. Help - Mail app on Windows 10 prints small

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help - Mail app on Windows 10 prints small: I have my email on the Mail app as I don't have Outlook. This issue just started today. I have tried to print emails (for archiving purposes required at work) from the mail app and on the print preview they look as they should but when they print they have a really small...
  7. Help with Windows Mail App

Help with Windows Mail App: Hello, first post in this subreddit, and I need some help with the preinstalled mail app. I have this app working and signed in on my laptop, but when I went to sign in on my desktop, I got an error code when selecting my outlook account for the computer. The error code is...
  8. Please help me with the Windows 10 Mail app.

Please help me with the Windows 10 Mail app.: So earlier when I used to send an email to myself on my Gmail account from the Windows 10 Mail app, it would show my correct name in the autofill bar as I would start typing my email address. But now my name is shown as "Gmail". This only happens on the Windows 10 mail app....
  9. Windows 10 Mail App Help

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App Help: Hello all, I have Windows 10 and use the mail app. I have an issue where when i open the app and try to create a new email and i start typing a name eg : Sha for Shane it does not link to my contacts in the people app. When i open the people app i can see Shane in contacts....
  10. Help with Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Help with Mail App: Hi, I just downloaded Windows 10 and since I am in no way familiar with using Apps I made the mistake of opening my mail app and adding one of my e-mail address's to it. However doing this now means that whenever I turn on my computer it is asking for my mail password. I...