Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail app how to change reading pane to bottom view (horizontal orientation)

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail app how to change reading pane to bottom view (horizontal orientation) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; VERY SIMPLY, How do you change the reading pane orientation in the Windows 10 mail app (the default app) from the standard left-right layout to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RobHCom, Mar 15, 2019.

1. RobHCom Win User

Windows 10 Mail app how to change reading pane to bottom view (horizontal orientation)

VERY SIMPLY,

How do you change the reading pane orientation in the Windows 10 mail app (the default app) from the standard left-right layout to a top-bottom layout??

The left right reading pane SUCKS!! and not having the option to change it to top bottom is unacceptable!!

I have been using the Feedback Hub as I'm sure other have as well, BUT many people may not take the time to do that and just get use to the way the program is set up, so it may not look to the Feedback Hub as if this is a huge issue, BUT IT IS!!

Please, finally add this to the list of things to do, it's FAR past the time of Feedback, it NEEDS to be done.

Here is a thread from 2016, (that would be THREE years ago) notice it was imeadtly locked, with a "not available AT THIS TIME" response, with no room for discussion.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/windows-10-mail-app-how-to-change-reading-pane-to/376e1e29-56f1-4552-b173-18d1fef70083?auth=1

I don't know what's happened to you Microsoft you use to be a top level company, but this type of stuff is making you look like a joke, a bad joke.

:)

RobHCom, Mar 15, 2019
  2. JAG88 Win User

Windows 10 Mail app how to change reading pane to bottom view (horizontal orientation)

Ok this has been asked before, but on every previous thread the question was completely ignored or glossed over. So far I have not found an answer to this anywhere on the internet.

How do you change the reading pane orientation in the Windows 10 mail app (the default app) from the standard left-right layout to a top-bottom layout??

Every email app that has come out in the past, I don't know, two decades, has had the ability to do this... I for one absolutely cannot stand the left-right orientation.

This is on an MS Surface Book

JAG88, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Mail app how to change reading pane to bottom view (horizontal orientation)

RIZ BAGINTERPRISES, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Technik21 Win User

Reading Pane - Win 10 Mail App

Now that I have to use the inbuilt Mail app within Windows 10 because WLM is discontinuing, I would like to know how to set the reading pane for all email to show at the bottom of the message list rather than on the right hand side.

There seems to be no option to change this. I have looked in Settings\ Reading, but no mention of changing the view pane from side view to bottom view....

Is this actually possible within the Mail app??

Thanks

Technik21, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail app how to change reading pane to bottom view (horizontal orientation) - Similar Threads - Mail app change

2. Change reading pane to bottom in Windows 10 Mail app???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change reading pane to bottom in Windows 10 Mail app???: There are over 1,000 votes on this topic in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail-winpc/windows-10-mail-app-how-to-change-reading-pane-to/376e1e29-56f1-4552-b173-18d1fef70083 How have the developers not prioritized...
  3. Windows 10 Mail - hiding the reading pane

Windows 10 Mail - hiding the reading pane: How do you hide the reading pane in the Win10 mail app..? note: not talking about the Outlook office app! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-hiding-the-reading-pane/770bf758-fde1-43bc-808a-359ea9dfb86e
  4. how to turn off the read pane in Mail of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn off the read pane in Mail of Windows 10?: how to turn off the read pane in Mail of Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-the-read-pane-in-mail-of-windows/1b0e86ab-f23c-469a-b6a6-67f0c79d6742
  5. Word Wrap in Reading Pane of Mail App?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Word Wrap in Reading Pane of Mail App?: Hi, How can I turn on wrap text in the reading pane of the Default Mail app on my PC running Windows 10? I want to switch to this default Mail app from Google mail in browser because this seems lighter and faster, but having to scroll sideways to read emails is extremely...
  6. How do move the reading pane to the bottom in Windows 10?

How do move the reading pane to the bottom in Windows 10?: Is there a way to move the reading pane to the bottom view in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-move-the-reading-pane-to-the-bottom-in/f0666a1e-f8ff-4adc-acf0-9d1db62a7227
  7. How to turn off reading pane in the latest windows mail app

How to turn off reading pane in the latest windows mail app: I use Windows 10 1803 and I just can't handle the reading pane and it kinda sucks. It always consumes the space that could have been utilized by message previews and also could make it look less messy. The preview pane can not narrowed/shrink to zero so that it just doesn't...
  8. Mail Reading pane

Mail Reading pane: Hello, Can anyone tell me how to change the font size for all messages being read in the reading pane? I have adjusted the "view" settings, and have adjusted the size of the preview pane, but it seems that the sender's choices are overriding mine in the reading pane. It...
  9. Reading Pane in Mail App Disappeared

in Browsers and Email
    Reading Pane in Mail App Disappeared: Yesterday afternoon my mail app suddenly decided that I no longer wanted the reading pane off to the right side unless I am in full screen mode. If I open the window wider (but not full screen) it will either let me have the preview screen or the bar off to the left with the...
  10. Reading Pane in Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Reading Pane in Mail: Is there a way to turn off the reading Pane in the "Mail" app? Just wondering as its a pain in the arse. Thanks 52923

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mail pane view

2. change reading pane in mail windows 10

3. reading pane in mail windows 10

4. how to change email reading pane windows 10,
  5. windows 10 mail reading pane bottom,
  6. windows 10 mail change view,
  7. mail reading pane bottom,
  8. windows mail change layout,
  9. change mail view windows 10,
  10. windows 10 email reading pane,
  11. windows 10 mail app reading pane bottom,