Windows 10: Windows 10 mail app - how to disable auto capitalization - still unsolved after 3 years

Discus and support Windows 10 mail app - how to disable auto capitalization - still unsolved after 3 years in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Looking at several posts since 2015 (!) about the issue with auto capitalization using the Win 10 Mail App, I note with regret that Microsoft seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JF PAQUET, Oct 20, 2018.

1. JF PAQUET Win User

Windows 10 mail app - how to disable auto capitalization - still unsolved after 3 years

Looking at several posts since 2015 (!) about the issue with auto capitalization using the Win 10 Mail App,

I note with regret that Microsoft seems to disregard completely the users feedback about this real annoyance.

Some moron decided that each time you press 'enter' while writing an email, the first letter is uppercase.

What is even more frustrating is that all these posts are now locked as if Microsoft no longer wanted people to raise this problem.

The mail app is regularly updated but the settings are still very limited, why not link them with those of Outlook or Word ?

One more remark: Microsoft employees ' responses to the questions asked are most often generic, irrelevant or lame.

:)

JF PAQUET, Oct 20, 2018
  2. TLarkuin Win User

Windows 10 mail app - how to disable auto capitalization

First off, I've turned off auto capitalization in system settings.

Secondly, there is no "Option" settings for the internal mail app (as I've seen suggested in other posts).

So how do you turn off auto-capitalization for the mail app since it's obviously not looking at system settings.

It's soooooo very annoying and makes using Mail very time consuming. Yes, I could load another app, but would like not to fill my limited disk space (ASUS tablet) with redundant apps unless I have to.

Thanks.

TLarkuin, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Windows 10 mail app - how to disable auto capitalization

Hello,

We understand that you would like to turn off auto capitalize in Mail app.

I would like to let you know that Mail app is designed to work in this way. However, you can provide your feedback on this issue to help us make changes in the future.

You can provide feedback by following these steps:

1. Open Mail app and click on settings.

2. Open Feedback to post your suggestions.

Hope this will help you. Post us back if you need assistance with Windows. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 20, 2018
  4. Windows 10 mail app - how to disable auto capitalization - still unsolved after 3 years

auto capitalization windows 10 Mail - how do I shut this off?

Can please some official Microsoft developer tell us how to disable this auto correction/capitalization in Windows 10 Mail??

Mail does NOT respect the system wide auto-correction settings of Windows 10.

ElectroSlave, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 mail app - how to disable auto capitalization - still unsolved after 3 years

1. Windows 10 mail app - how to disable auto capitalization - still unsolved after 3 years - Similar Threads - mail app disable

2. Bluetooth Dialog Box Is Still Broken after 3 years!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Dialog Box Is Still Broken after 3 years!: I really hoped that this might have been fixed by now. I have tried all the workarounds, but nothing works.This seems to be an issue with the Windows UI, If the dialog box was resizable everyone could easily workaround this problem!How hard is it to get Microsoft to fix this...
  3. Bluetooth Dialog Box Is Still Broken after 3 years!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Dialog Box Is Still Broken after 3 years!: I really hoped that this might have been fixed by now. I have tried all the workarounds, but nothing works.This seems to be an issue with the Windows UI, If the dialog box was resizable everyone could easily workaround this problem!How hard is it to get Microsoft to fix this...
  4. How can automatic capitalization be disabled in the Mail app for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can automatic capitalization be disabled in the Mail app for Windows 11?: When using the Mail app for Windows 11, I don't want the first letter typed to be capitalized automatically. How can that feature be turned off?...
  5. How can automatic capitalization be disabled in the Mail app for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can automatic capitalization be disabled in the Mail app for Windows 11?: When using the Mail app for Windows 11, I don't want the first letter typed to be capitalized automatically. How can that feature be turned off?...
  6. How to turn on auto capitalization of keyboard?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn on auto capitalization of keyboard?: First words of a sentence don't capitalize in any program. the feature works in MS Word but not the other programs. when i type something in YouTube or reddit or anywhere else, it doesn't automatically capitalize the first word. submitted by /u/dannyparker123 [link]...
  7. Win10, Mail App, DISABLE auto emoji. How?!

Win10, Mail App, DISABLE auto emoji. How?!: All I could find was this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_windows8-mso_365hp/how-do-i-turn-off-the-automatic-smile-emoji-in/d66f7eca-f321-44b0-93b7-d33a1c2cd724 which basically says: "lol dunno, go report that". Is there a way to...
  8. Auto capitalize

Auto capitalize: Is there any way to make Windows auto capitalize the first letter of a sentence? submitted by /u/treeshateorcs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dplx57/auto_capitalize/
  9. Stop Auto Capitalization for Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Auto Capitalization for Live Mail: I have found a solution which was not found in the Community. 1. Go to Settings and in the search bar type: Typing Insights. 2. Make sure the toggle switch is OFF. Now whenever you place a period after an abbreviation, you will not automatically get a Capital letter for...
  10. auto-capitalization

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    auto-capitalization: How to enable auto-capitalization in all websites and games? Sometimes I need to write in capital letters sentences or some words and I get annoyed having to press Caps Lock every time I need it. My question: how to enable auto-capitalization in Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn off auto i capitalize in mail for windows

2. How to turn on/off auto capitalization in outlook webmail

3. disable windows capitalization mail

4. windows 10 disable auto capitalize,
  5. turn off first letter capitalisation in mail for windows 10 on PC,
  6. how to disable auto capitalization windows 10 Mail,
  7. windows 10 outlook turn off auto capitalization,
  8. windows 10 mail how to disable capitalisation,
  9. mail for windows 10 auto capitisation