Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail App: Import from Windows Live Mail?

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail App: Import from Windows Live Mail? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've seen this question asked several times, but no satisfactory answer. I refuse to believe that Microsoft would have omitted this basic function.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by nigelmercier, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Mail App: Import from Windows Live Mail?

I've seen this question asked several times, but no satisfactory answer. I refuse to believe that Microsoft would have omitted this basic function.

How does one Import from Windows Live Mail into the Windows 10 Mail App?

:)

nigelmercier, Sep 27, 2015
  2. bubba070 Win User

Is there a way tom import all my emails from Windows Live Mail to the Mail app?

* Original Title: Import Mail

Hello

I am currently using Windows Live Mail but would like to switch to Windows Mail on Windows 10. Is there a way tom import all my emails from Windows Live Mail to the Mail app?

Thanks

Kevin

bubba070, Sep 27, 2015
  3. Windows Mail in Vista vs Mail in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

- Are you referring to Windows live mail in Vista and Mail app in Windows 10?

If you are referring to Mail app, you can only add accounts but you cannot import emails from Windows live mail.

To import emails from Windows live mail, I suggest you to download Windows Essentials which will include Windows Live mail.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/essentials

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 27, 2015
  4. gpstoloff Win User

Windows 10 Mail App: Import from Windows Live Mail?

Nigel, mate:

You may refuse to believe that Microsoft has omitted this basic function, but the reality is that it has omitted it -- so far!

Currently, there is NO off-line storage built into W10 Mail; the option to create more folders simply creates additional folders within your Outlook.com account.

MS has stated that they are working on it; no due date.

If and when they do provide it, they will probably provide a means of importing / exporting from Windows Live Mail, Outlook 201x, etc.

But, until then, anything that you wish to appear in W10 Mail must be stored within your on-line mailbox.

And, no matter how many times you ask the question, the answer won't change until MS makes it change!*Doh Sorry!

gpstoloff, Sep 27, 2015
  5. Ah, I hadn't realised that it was an online app, no good for me then.

nigelmercier, Sep 29, 2015
  6. Just syno some files from outlook to mail folders set up but now got a problem with it they are working on it but I have now got rid of incredimail as added my yahoo/google account to mail and pinned it to task bar.

hTconeM9user, Sep 29, 2015
  7. Charlie Win User
    First add your Windows live mail account to Outlook. Then add Outlook to windows 10 mail app. Works for me *Smile

Charlie, Sep 29, 2015
  8. Windows 10 Mail App: Import from Windows Live Mail?

yes for me also when click on mail app outlook was already there just added yahoo and gmail so good now to go all under one roof so to speak

hTconeM9user, Sep 29, 2015
  9. Hi problem sorted from earlier have sync all folders over.

Windows 10 Mail App: Import from Windows Live Mail? [​IMG]

That is how I did it

Bottom one is how you will see it at first

hTconeM9user, Sep 30, 2015
  10. LouF Win User
    Thanks hTcone. I was not seeing all of my e-mail while changing from Live Mail 2012 to the "Mail App". Going to "Sync" helped me see the rest of my e-mails by selecting "All time" (or whatever that was).

11. FelixP Win User
    Still not fixed I'm afraid, at least if it is I can't find how? Windows 10 Mail I'm finding not at all intuitive. This is not meant offensively in any way, but it is the worst and most difficult email app that I have ever tried to use. That's going back to 1990 and beyond.

FelixP, Jan 6, 2017
  12. gpstoloff Win User
    FelixP, exactly what is "still not fixed"? Please give us more details about what your problems are with W10 Mail, so that we can give you specific advice.

If you are asking about off-line storage in W10 Mail, it now appears more unlikely, IMNSHO. They're trying to point those users to the Office Outlook application.

gpstoloff, Jan 6, 2017
  13. FelixP Win User

I was following the thread from above, "How does one Import from Windows Live Mail into the Windows 10 Mail App?". My LiveMail will no longer allow me to delete messages, but I can't find a way to transfer my stored emails to W10 Mail, nor my contacts. Strangely, a list of my folder names within my Inbox has transferred, but sub-folders have become folders, e.g. I have a folder "Family" and sub-folders with family members names under that, but in W10 Mail family members names are folders in their own right and not sub-folders under Family. But all were empty when transferred.

FelixP, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail App: Import from Windows Live Mail? - Similar Threads - Mail App Import

2. Copying Windows Live Mail Folders and Emails to import into Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying Windows Live Mail Folders and Emails to import into Windows 10 Mail App: I have an old Windows 7 computer that uses Windows Live Mail. My employer bought a new computer with Windows 10, which doesn't have Windows Live Mail. How do I get my old emails that are saved in folders on my computer onto the new computer.Thanks,Adam...
  3. Import contacts from Live Mail to Mail on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Import contacts from Live Mail to Mail on Windows 10: I have my contacts from Live Mail in a cvs file...how do I import them into my new computer with Mail on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-contacts-from-live-mail-to-mail-on-windows/2edaa469-79ac-4cf7-84d8-99d65a999e77
  4. Mails from Windows Live Mail to Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mails from Windows Live Mail to Mail: Hi, How to get old mails and mail folders from "Windows live Mail" & "Outlook 2007" to "Mail" app in Windows 10. Thanks Prashant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/mails-from-windows-live-mail-to-mail/22773ad1-1b23-486e-bcae-3143c4216a58
  5. How do I import contacts and emails from Live Mail to Windows 10 Mail app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I import contacts and emails from Live Mail to Windows 10 Mail app?: Just purchased a new laptop with Windows 10. On my old computer I was using Live Mail. I have lots of Contacts and lots of Saved emails in Live Mail. I'm having trouble figuring out how to transfer all of that info from Live Mail to Windows 10 Mail app. How do I...
  6. Windows Live Mail Import Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail Import Problem: Hi and thanks for taking the time to look over my question. If it has already been posted, then I apologize, but I could not find it. I've just upgraded to Win-10 from XP and I'm having an issue with Windows Live Mail 2012. Specifically, the contacts import feature. I...
  7. Windows 10 Mail App and Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App and Windows Live Mail: Hello, this is my first post. I have only very recently upgraded to Windows 10 being very happy with Premium 7. Since upgrading, among other things, I am experiencing problems with my mail. Windows Live Mail still delivers my e-mail but I would like to move on to the Mail App...
  8. Can I Import Live Mail 2012 to Windows 10 Mail?

in Browsers and Email
    Can I Import Live Mail 2012 to Windows 10 Mail?: I've used WLM 2012 with Windows 7 and it has worked fine all these years. After installing 10 I see it contains its own Mail app. Is it possible to transfer all my emails and settings from WLM to Mail? 12009
  9. Windows 10 Mail App: Migrate from Windows Live Mail?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App: Migrate from Windows Live Mail?: When I upgraded my wife's PC I expected her Windows Live Mail settings and data to be migrated to the Windows 10 Mail App, and for this app to become the default. Is this migration possible? Having said that, I'm not sure I've even found the Mail app! 9876
  10. Windows 10 Mail/Windows Live Mail 2012 - can't import from OE6

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail/Windows Live Mail 2012 - can't import from OE6: Evening, Long time lurker but first time poster here *Smile I have been using Outlook Express 6 on my last machine (Windows XP) for a long time to check my POP mailbox. The Inbox.dbx file ended up being over 2GB in size, and OE couldn't read it. No worries, I thought I'll...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. import windows live mail to mail app

2. import windows live mail into windows 10 mail

3. how to import windows live mail to mail app

4. import archived windows live mail into windows 10 mail,
  5. import live mail contacts to windows 10 mail,
  6. import live mail into mail app,
  7. live mail importing problem from oe6,
  8. import windows live mail to windows 10 mail,
  9. import mail accounts from windows live mail to windows 10,
  10. windows live mail to windows 10 mail app,
  11. mail app import live mail,