Windows 10: Windows 10 mail app is downloading all attachments from all accounts ever received

Discus and support Windows 10 mail app is downloading all attachments from all accounts ever received in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I started getting frequent virus warnings about what appears to be an email attachment, but it's impossible to tell which one because its name changes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Starcruiser322, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 mail app is downloading all attachments from all accounts ever received

I started getting frequent virus warnings about what appears to be an email attachment, but it's impossible to tell which one because its name changes every time it get re-downloaded. I poked around in the folder that it keeps coming up in, and shockingly it contains every email attachment I have ever sent or received going back OVER 10 YEARS from ALL my accounts. I have stuff from high school in there, because I rarely delete emails.

I have not found any way to turn off automatic attachment downloading. I deleted all the old attachments in the folder and it just downloaded them all again. This is a HUGE security hole, especially since I have no idea when or what account the infected email was sent. It would take me hours to delete my 1.2 million emails and keep the ones I actually need.

If anyone has any suggestions at all, I'm really close to just using a third party app and destroying every reference to microsoft.windowscommunicationapps I have in my app data.

:)

Starcruiser322, Apr 2, 2019

2. Windows 10 Mail App, Gmail and Pdf Attachments

Hi birdtims,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are experiencing Mail app issue. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to incorrect account configuration. Are you using Gmail account on your Mail app? Are you getting any error messages when sending/receiving
    mails that come with .pdf attachments? Have you set up any rules on your account?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you run the Windows app troubleshooter from this
    link
    . The
    Windows apptroubleshooter can help scan Windows Store app issue and fix it right away.

You can also reset the Mail app. To do this, refer to the steps below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & feature.
    • Click the Mail app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Problem with Microsoft Mail in Windows 10. When I send an email with attachments (photos), the email is received but not the attachments. Is there a fix?

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Not to worry, we’re here to help you out.

• What is the size of the file attachment?

• Is the issue confined to any specific sender?
    Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps and check if it helps.

App Troubleshooter is an automated tool which we have developed to address a number of known issues that can prevent the Apps from running properly. This troubleshooter automatically fixes some issues, including suboptimal
    screen resolution, incorrect security or account settings etc. You can click on this link to download and run the Apps troubleshooter.

Step 2:

I suggest you to remove your email account from Mail app and try re-configuring it.

Follow the below steps to remove your email account:

• Open the Mail app and sign in to your account.
    • Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.

• Click on the Accounts under
      Settings.

• Click on your account.

• Click on Delete account and click on
      Delete button.
    Step 3:

You may try to uninstall the app using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows store.

Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Camera app.
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

Note: After performing the above steps, install the Mail app form Windows store.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/mail-and-calendar/9wzdncrfhvqm

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 mail app is downloading all attachments from all accounts ever received

Windows 10 mail app downloading attachment issues

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

This problem may appear when mail app fails to sync with the email server. If a license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on your PC, the app might stop working.

Change the Sync Settings in the Mail App, follow the steps below to change mail app sync settings.

• On Search, click on “Mail” to open the Mail App.
    • Click on “Settings”.
    • Click on “Accounts”.
    • Click on your email account from the list of accounts.
    • Select the option “Email” under the section “Change mail box Sync settings”.

I would also suggest you to refer the article: “To sync a folder” given under the section “Why aren't I seeing messages I expect to see?” from this link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/mail-app-faq

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 mail app is downloading all attachments from all accounts ever received

1. Windows 10 mail app is downloading all attachments from all accounts ever received - Similar Threads - mail app downloading

2. Windows mail not all messages are downloaded from server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows mail not all messages are downloaded from server: Windows Mail downloads most message to my desktop but not all. When I synch it tells me that it is fully synched but if I check the server I can see e.g. now 2 messages still there: one from hours ago another from yesterday not junk, fully legit msgs...
  3. Windows mail not all messages are downloaded from server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows mail not all messages are downloaded from server: Windows Mail downloads most message to my desktop but not all. When I synch it tells me that it is fully synched but if I check the server I can see e.g. now 2 messages still there: one from hours ago another from yesterday not junk, fully legit msgs...
  4. Windows mail not all messages are downloaded from server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 Mail app attachment download location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail app attachment download location: Windows 10 Mail app attachment download locationHow I can Find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-app-attachment-download-location/25b40e98-5269-4671-b5a6-7e60d0effc82
  6. Windows 10 Mail app not receiving attachments?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Mail app not receiving attachments?: Some emails have no attachments, especially ones sent from Gmail app where the attachment is not an inline one. Someone online suggested changing the settings in Reading pane, but it didn't work. I've changed account settings to always receive attachments, but it didn't work...
  7. Windows Mail app not loading emails from all accounts

Windows Mail app not loading emails from all accounts: I set up my Mail app with 6 email accounts. I receive no errors when click the Sync this view icon, but only my Gmail and Yahoo accounts load the new emails - the 4 accounts I have with my ISP are not loading emails, but are not giving me an error either. I don't see anything...
  8. Windows 10 Mail couldn't received attachment

Windows 10 Mail couldn't received attachment: Hi All, Currently I'm encountering a weird problem which is happening when i using Windows 10 Mail, the attachment couldn't be received by a particular sender. After that, I've checked on my webmail and it does received. The sender is the one who using same domain email...
  9. Windows 10 Mail app deleted all my e-mail accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app deleted all my e-mail accounts: Running Windows 10 with all current updates applied. This is the second time this has happened to me. Today I opened the windows mail app and none of my e-mail accounts are listed. I have not installed any new software and I know that I did not delete the accounts from the...
  10. All Mail Vanished from all Mail accounts

in Browsers and Email
    All Mail Vanished from all Mail accounts: All mail and calendar events have vanished and will not sync. Seriously, WTF is going on at MS when they can't even make an email client? 26616