Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail app is getting a new toggle to switch between dark and white mode

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail app is getting a new toggle to switch between dark and white mode in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When the Windows 10 update arrived 3 years back it brought the ability to enable dark mode within the window of the app. The modern UWP apps in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 18, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 Mail app is getting a new toggle to switch between dark and white mode

When the Windows 10 update arrived 3 years back it brought the ability to enable dark mode within the window of the app. The modern UWP apps in Windows 10 can use dark windows background instead of white.

In Windows 10, there are two ways to enable dark mode in apps. First, you can open the Settings app and enable dark theme under personalization setting. You can also enable a dark theme on certain apps from the setting page of the apps as well.

Windows 10 Mail app allows users to switch between dark and white theme directly from the app’s settings page. Microsoft now appears to be testing a new update for Windows 10 Mail and Calendar app that would add a toggle that will help you quickly switch between dark and white mode.

Windows 10 Mail app is getting a new toggle to switch between dark and white mode Dark-mode-in-Mail-app.jpg

Microsoft is adding this toggle to the header of the app and you can use it to toggle between dark & light theme in the Mail app.

Soon there will be a toggle to switch between dark & light theme in UWP Mail app. pic.twitter.com/FyKcjHoXsQ

— Ajith (@4j17h) October 18, 2018

Mail app to get slightly lighter dark mode

Windows 10 Mail app is also getting a new dark mode that would look slightly less dark. In the latest Insider build, the app appears to use a dark grey background colour instead of pitch black.

Windows 10 Mail app is getting a new toggle to switch between dark and white mode Windows-10-Mail-app-new-look.jpg

Microsoft is testing the updated dark mode with select Windows Insiders and this update will completely abandon the pitch black background colour in favour of lighter dark mode.

The post Windows 10 Mail app is getting a new toggle to switch between dark and white mode appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 18, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 Mail app is getting a new toggle to switch between dark and white mode :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 18, 2018
  3. windows-10 new dark mail app

HI,

I recently read somewhere that Microsoft introduced new dark theme feature for mail and calender app on windows-10.. I tried updating my apps from store still didnt get the feature.. updated my windows build from action center but still havent got the dark
    theme feature for outlook mail app.

Could someone kindly post a link to download/update the app from microsoft's website or any alternate solution...

thanks

malik

MαℓikSαhααя, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Mail app is getting a new toggle to switch between dark and white mode

Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

Tutorial updated to add OPTION ONE for Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316:

Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316 - Windows 10 Forums

Brink, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail app is getting a new toggle to switch between dark and white mode - Similar Threads - Mail app getting

2. Try the New Outlook Toggle Switch Not Working in Windows 11 Mail App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Try the New Outlook Toggle Switch Not Working in Windows 11 Mail App: Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this problem? The new Outlook was working, but after an update to the Mail and Calendar app, it stopped working and the toggle switch is failing to bring it back. Thanks for your assistance....
  3. Try the New Outlook Toggle Switch Not Working in Windows 11 Mail App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Try the New Outlook Toggle Switch Not Working in Windows 11 Mail App: Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this problem? The new Outlook was working, but after an update to the Mail and Calendar app, it stopped working and the toggle switch is failing to bring it back. Thanks for your assistance....
  4. Windows 10/11 Mail app dark mode issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 Mail app dark mode issue: Windows 10/11 mail app forces emails to render weirdly while in dark mode. It's extremely annoying. Emails containing dark background or color are forced to render with light colored background. What is the point of dark mode then? Is there a way to disable this stupid...
  5. Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in...: I have recently bought a new laptop with Windows 11. Having varied usage hours spanning between day and night, I noticed that Windows 11 lacks an automatic Dark Mode based on Sunset/ Sunrise or custom hours setting. Seeing as how simple it is for my phone to do so, it...
  6. Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in...

Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in...: I have recently bought a new laptop with Windows 11. Having varied usage hours spanning between day and night, I noticed that Windows 11 lacks an automatic Dark Mode based on Sunset/ Sunrise or custom hours setting. Seeing as how simple it is for my phone to do so, it...
  7. Dark Mode Toggle in Quick Actions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dark Mode Toggle in Quick Actions: I know. I know. “Why would anyone disable Dark Mode?” Well, my laptop’s screen becomes too dim if the content is dark long enough. And it becomes visibly brighter when left on a white webpage or something similar. Maybe a defective screen but I can’t get it replaced easily....
  8. Possible to make a keyboard shortcut that toggles between light and dark mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible to make a keyboard shortcut that toggles between light and dark mode?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wozmatic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gntxxa/possible_to_make_a_keyboard_shortcut_that_toggles/
  9. Windows 10 Mail app Dark Mode

Windows 10 Mail app Dark Mode: I have some vision issues and need dark mode throughout mail app including the reading pane. I have dark mode set in settings but reading pane remains white. I understand there should be a sun/moon toggle to change this but I am unable to find it. Is it possible to get a...
  10. Windows 10: switch between Light and Dark mode automatically

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: switch between Light and Dark mode automatically: Windows 10 Auto-Night-Mode is a free open source program for Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system to switch between light and dark mode automatically. Microsoft introduced dark theme support in Windows 10 and improved the mode in recent versions of the operating system;...