Windows 10: windows 10 Mail app is not displaying sent body text, or newly sent items since Win10 ver 2004

Discus and support windows 10 Mail app is not displaying sent body text, or newly sent items since Win10 ver 2004 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When an email is sent using Mail since upgrading to Win 10 ver 2004, Mail is not showing sent items, or displaying body text of previously sent items.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GuhyanandaDharmachari, Jun 2, 2020.

1. windows 10 Mail app is not displaying sent body text, or newly sent items since Win10 ver 2004

When an email is sent using Mail since upgrading to Win 10 ver 2004, Mail is not showing sent items, or displaying body text of previously sent items. This is with Gmail accounts, Hotmail seems OK.
    The app has been both reset and re-installed, with no change.

:)

GuhyanandaDharmachari, Jun 2, 2020

2. Issue with Mail app Sent Items

Using the default Mail app, I checked my 'Sent Items' and all mails since the start of the month show as sent but the date / time they were sent shows as: 'Sending...' when first clicked on, then that changes to: 'Still working on it..' after 60 seconds or so.

Older Sent Items show OK, everything up to the start of this month has the time / date the mail was sent. I've contacted some of the mail recipients and most have received the emails, one or two haven't but I can't tell from checking Mail > Sent Items.

I've deleted and recreated the accounts in the Mail app but same issue, mail looks to have sent but shows 'Still working on it...' for the date / time is was sent

ASL Support, Jun 2, 2020
  3. cgsos Win User
    Mail app not displaying sent emails in folder

I've added an IMAP account provided by an institutional server (****@fidas.org). I've checked that sent items are stored correctly when working on Windows Live Mail or from webmail.

This is not the case with the new Windows 10 metro mail app, sent emails don't show in any of the sent folders I've created.

I've been struggling with the issue for quite a long time. My mail provider does not know where the issue might be. I believe it is somehow related to the name the windows mail app gives to the folder for sent items. If I knew the exact name of that folder I could create a folder with that name through the webmail page and finally have all of my devices properly sync.

I've talked to the technical service and they adviced me to switch to another mail provider app. I would prefer not to do that because I like the integration with People and other windows apps.

Thank you.

cgsos, Jun 2, 2020
  4. mike2125 Win User

windows 10 Mail app is not displaying sent body text, or newly sent items since Win10 ver 2004

Windows mail sent box problem

I have set up a friend's laptop to use Windows Mail (Windows 10 ver 1903). Sending and receiving emails works fine but sent emails do not appear in the sent box and there is nothing in the spam box either, which seems unusual. I cannot find anything wrong in settings - any suggestions please.

mike2125, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 Mail app is not displaying sent body text, or newly sent items since Win10 ver 2004

1. windows 10 Mail app is not displaying sent body text, or newly sent items since Win10 ver 2004 - Similar Threads - Mail app displaying

2. Why the text body of a Sent email through Windows 10 default Mail App folder is missing in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why the text body of a Sent email through Windows 10 default Mail App folder is missing in...: This happens when I send an email from my gmail address. Then when I want to look at it later; I find it in the sent mail folder but the body is blank. However when I login to Gmail online and check the sent folder the email still contains the text. I could attach an example...
  3. Win10 Mail - Messages/Items sent; or maybe not?

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 Mail - Messages/Items sent; or maybe not?: I use Mail (simply because it came with the OS). Not perfect, but certainly up until now adequate However I do seem to have two sent folders, one marked Sent Messages and the other marked Sent Items (there was a one point even a third also marked Sent Items, which as it...
  4. MS Mail App sent items is empty

MS Mail App sent items is empty: Hello, I am using the Mail app with windows 10 and I need to look at an email i sent but when i look in the sent items folder there is nothing listed and i know i did not delete them. I could never see the sent items folder when opening the Mail app so I marked the sent...
  5. Windows Mail - Sent Items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail - Sent Items: I was searching email from my "Sent Mail" folder. The email I was searching for didn't appear, but there was an option to "Search Online". The email appeared, but when I click to open, it disappears. How do I view sent emails found using the "Search Online" option?...
  6. Windows 10 Mail App - Sent Items Won't Sync

Windows 10 Mail App - Sent Items Won't Sync: I have a Dell desktop PC that I bought approx 3 years ago. I have been running the Windows 10 Mail App on it since I first bought it. The App version is 16005.12827.20290.0 I use the app to access two separate Gmail accounts. Recently the app has stopped showing sent...
  7. WINDOWS 10 2004,SENT MAIL

WINDOWS 10 2004,SENT MAIL: When I now send emails,then look for them in sent folder ,not there,can sometimes find in spam,I know that they do go out and arrive,I believe that this now a common problem with Mail app,is there any news that Microsoft are sorting it out?,or has someone out there got a...
  8. No attachments on GMail and Cannot see body of sent items

No attachments on GMail and Cannot see body of sent items: I hope someone can help. Windows 10 Mail program I have three email addresses using the Mail program Outlook works well. G Mail is a problem It does not include attachments. I can open these attachments on my Ipad. On the PC mail they simply don't exist. If I go to the...
  9. Using Gmail on the Windows 10 Mail App - sent items do not appear in Sent folder

Using Gmail on the Windows 10 Mail App - sent items do not appear in Sent folder: I have been using the Windows Mail App to send emails, and while all previous email I had sent appear in my Sent folder, two emails I sent today don't show up. They didn't show up in the Windows app, but they also didn't show up in Gmail online when I cheked seperately. I...
  10. Issue with Mail app Sent Items

in Browsers and Email
    Issue with Mail app Sent Items: Using the default Mail app, I checked my 'Sent Items' and all mails since the start of the month show as sent but the date / time they were sent shows as: 'Sending...' when first clicked on, then that changes to: 'Still working on it..' after 60 seconds or so. Older Sent...