Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail App Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail App Issue in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My Microsoft Account is using an @Outlook.com (Outlook) address. However, the mail app is always connecting an @Live.com (Exchange) address. When I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by LordXaero, Aug 2, 2015.

1. LordXaero Win User

Windows 10 Mail App Issue

My Microsoft Account is using an @Outlook.com (Outlook) address. However, the mail app is always connecting an @Live.com (Exchange) address. When I change my account to a local account, I am able to remove the @Live.com (Exchange) account, and add my @Outlook.com (Outlook) address. When I go back to sync my account with my Microsoft Account, the @Outlook.com (Outlook) is removed, and the @Live.com (Exchange) email is added, and I cannot remove it.

Right now, the mail app is using an @Live.com (Exchange) email that I do not want to use. I tried adding an @Outlook.com (Outlook) email that I use, and I get an error saying

"Something went wrong. We're sorry, but we weren't able to do that. Error Code: 0x8000ffff"

I want to be able to use the mail app, but I do not want to use my @Live.com address since I do not use it at all. My @Outlook.com address is set as my primary email. I don't get why the Mail app isn't using my primary email address!

What's the deal?

:)

LordXaero, Aug 2, 2015

2. Does the Outlook Mail app on windows 10 mobile support new outlook.com's Exchange protocol?

Hi Andre,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with issue with configuring your email account in Windows 10 Mail App.

Yes, Windows 10 Mail App supports EAS (Exchange Active Sync Protocol). Please be informed, there are a number of different symptoms for synchronization issues. The steps to fix the problem will change based on what you're seeing in the Mail and Calendar
    apps. The first step you should take to resolve any issue is to check for updates to Windows 10 and the Mail app. After this, I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check if you are configure your upgraded Outlook.com accounts in Windows
    10 Mail App.

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10

Please keep us updated with the status of configuring your email account in Windows 10 Mail App, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Unable to sync Windows 10 Mail account.

Hi Roberta,

When you say Windows Mail, are you referring to Windows 10 Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

If it is a Mail app, then open Mail app on Laptop also and check if your emails are synced. Make sure you log in with the same account both on laptop and desktop.

It could be due to missing updates or server connectivity issue with the app.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10:

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10

Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 FAQ:

Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 FAQ

Hope this helps in resolving the issue with syncing. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 2, 2015
  4. DavidG Win User

Lots of problems with the mail app, you are not alone. I had problems adding an Outlook email and found this solution. Here is a link, look for METHOD 1 in the first reply on the thread.
    It worked for me.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2-7d72b9169cb1

P.S. Forgot to add.....that when you get to the "CREDENTIAL MANAGER" you can right click, then click properties
    (to STOP or set to AUTOMATIC) (Method 1: item 4.)

DavidG, Aug 2, 2015
  5. LordXaero Win User
    Still no luck. I'm also getting a different error than he was. I'm getting 0x8000ffff.

LordXaero, Aug 5, 2015
  6. DavidG Win User
    Sorry it did not work. At this point my only thought is (as a temporary fix) can you FORWARD your email from Outlook.com to Live.com ?

DavidG, Aug 5, 2015
  7. LordXaero Win User
    I haven't tried. I tried the method one more time, and it has literally broke my computer.

I got home from work, and was able to log into my desktop computer. I was in the process of following the instructions on how to fix an issue with the Mail App. One of the instructions told me to disable Credential Manger, and Restart, and then after restarting, start Credential Manager again, and set it to automatic.

After I disabled, and restarted however, my computer has rendered itself unusable at this point. My computer presents itself with a spinning circle before login, and that's it. The option to login never shows up. I have left my computer on for more than an hour, and it's still sitting there with the spinning circle. The only thing I am able to do is Control Alt Delete, and show three options at the bottom of the screen, Connect to Internet, Ease of access, and Shut Down.

I have restarted, and I am still presenting with the spinning circle. Hours ago, my desktop computer was able to be used. Now, it is completely useless cause I can't even log in...

LordXaero, Aug 5, 2015
  8. DavidG Win User

I am very sorry, I did that same procedure with Credential Manager on my computer with no ill effects. Afterwards I could add the Outlook account I was trying to add.

That link came from Microsoft. I did not think it was dangerous. Again I apologize. Can you boot in safe mode?

DavidG, Aug 5, 2015
  9. LordXaero Win User
    Windows 10 doesn't allow you to boot in safe mode without first being logged in, or creating a Recover on a USB Drive. F8 no longer works before boot up. Not sure why they changed this.

I tried doing a Recovery on a USB Drive using my laptop tablet, but it won't let me. I am now worried, because I have over 15 years of memories on my desktop, so reformatting is not an option.

All I did was restart my computer, and now it is completely useless...

LordXaero, Aug 5, 2015
  10. DavidG Win User
    LORDXaero,
    Do you have Recovery media you made from any previous version of Windows?

Because 340 other people have viewed this thread, for their benefit I want to add the following.
    I did this the very first thing after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hopefully everyone will create a restore point before making changes and have already created a Windows 10 Rescue Disc and Recovery USB flash drive. You need these things before attempting any changes to your computer.

DavidG, Aug 6, 2015
  11. LordXaero Win User
    I was able to recover my computer. After hard resetting it several times, it allowed me to boot in Safe Mod, where I was able to enable Credential Manager. Apparently turning that off screwed up logging into my computer.

I'll have to create a Rescue Disk just in case though.

LordXaero, Aug 7, 2015
  12. DavidG Win User
    I am very relieved. Great news.
    Below are two ways to get to "repair disc" and "recovery flash drive" I really think they work together. For example after I created the USB it automatically asked if I wanted to create a Repair Disc.

It will also ask if you want to remove the Recovery partition to save HDD space. I said no because I might want to make another USB flash drive in the future. So you are actually copying the Recovery Partition to the USB. You will need a 16 GB flash drive and a fairly high capacity disc - I use 4.7 GB DVD's because I have a lot of them. Any info already on the flash drive will be erased. My computer never had Windows 7 - Win 7 shows up in my images below. I read somewhere that Windows 10 uses the same recovery as Windows 7. (My computer had Windows 8 installed when new, then I updated to 8.1).

Windows 10 Mail App Issue [​IMG]

Windows 10 Mail App Issue [​IMG]

DavidG, Aug 7, 2015
  13. Beppe75 Win User

The solution is the following :

1 ) change the access to windows locally ( instead of account microsoft ) from settings -> account
    2 ) login with the local account
    3 ) Open the email app and remove or recreate the account outlook
    4 ) set in again the windows login with account microsoft

Now in the app Mail and Calendar everything should be back working.

Greetings

Beppe75, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail App Issue - Similar Threads - Mail App Issue

2. Windows 10 Mail App - - Ongoing Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail App - - Ongoing Issues: I have been TRYING to fix my W10 Mail app for literally OVER A YEAR. I have removed the Account Data ten times - - I amusing both OUTLOOK and GMAIL - - and JUST THIS WEEK, a TRULY IMPORTANT email did not get through. This email was for a Patient LOOKING for input on SUPER...
  3. windows 10 mail app issue

in Browsers and Email
    windows 10 mail app issue: i'm having an issue with deleting an email account from the windows 10 email app. for some reason, there are 2 yahoo email addresses listed (both the same address), one of them functions, the other one doesn't. it will allow me to delete the functioning address, but not the...
  4. mail app issue

mail app issue: hello i am unable to add g mail account in windows accounts option and also from windows mail i tried many ways which your team had advised to earlier customers but no one worked for me i also want to add that my device also has been installed with antivirus please...
  5. Windows 10 Mail App Syncing Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Mail App Syncing Issues: After installing the latest windows updates, I started noticing issues with the windows 10 mail app. In the app it says that my email account settings are out of date and needs to be fixed, when I go ahead and fix them by re-logging into the accounts, the emails momentarily...
  6. Mail app issue

Mail app issue: I am getting this error message when using Microsoft Mail app to access Gmail. We couldn’t access this account: Gmail. You might need to update your password or give the account permission to sync to this device. How do I fix this?...
  7. Windows 10 Mail app password issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Mail app password issues: Windows 10 Mail app keeps asking me for a password for my Gmail account that I added to months ago, it started doing it this week. the weird thing is that the account is fine and the app is having no issue with retrieving my mail for this gmail account. so I don't know why...
  8. Issues with the Mail App?

Issues with the Mail App?: Hi! Within the past hour, I have tried to use the Mail app. The links from within the mail app aren't working. It gives me the prompt "Unable to Open [link}" I have uninstalled it, deleted my accounts, checked windows firewall and none of it worked. What do I do? All of...
  9. Windows 10 mail app issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail app issue: I use Windows 10 mail app. When I type in the first letter of a respondent name in People, nothing happens until I type it in for the second time and then click on backspace for name to come up. Why?!...
  10. Windows 10 Mail App issues

Windows 10 Mail App issues: Hello... I just had my computer repaired. The hard drive was replaced w/a Solid state drive. This lead to having to reinstall WinX. Now, when I try to set up the mail app, I'm unable to get my Hotmail or Outlook emails. I'm only able to see my Google emails. However, when I...