Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail App keeps crashing when I open an email

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail App keeps crashing when I open an email in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having trouble with the Windows 10 Mail application. When I try to open an email, the application closes itself. Sometimes it will let me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LatishaBelcastro, May 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Mail App keeps crashing when I open an email

Hello,

I'm having trouble with the Windows 10 Mail application. When I try to open an email, the application closes itself. Sometimes it will let me open one or two emails before crashing, but it always ends up crashing. I tried updating running the windows store apps troubleshooter, and the only problem found was "Hanging or crashing apps." And beside that problem it says "not fixed." So I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how I fix it. I tried deleting the mail app from my computer, then re-installing it from the Microsoft Store, but the problem is still there. I've also tried running Windows Update in settings, but "2020-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4556799" will not download. And there are three other updates listed below that are stuck on the "pending install" stage. I've also tried the "reset" function in the advanced settings, but that did not work either.

Updates "pending install":

- 2020-05 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64 KB4552931
    - Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - v5.82 KB890830

- Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package KB2538243

So I'm not sure if any of this is tied into the problem with the mail application issue, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Latisha

Moved from: Email / Sending, receiving, and reading email

:)

LatishaBelcastro, May 14, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 Mail App keeps crashing when I open an email :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 14, 2020
  3. kjdawson1 Win User
    Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, May 14, 2020
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Windows 10 Mail App keeps crashing when I open an email

Mail App Windows 10 keep Crashing

Hi Erfan,

Applications may crash due to unknown circumstances from time to time. To troubleshoot
    Mail app crashes, we recommend trying these following methods:

Run the Windows Application Troubleshooter:

The troubleshooter detects and fixes errors within Windows Store applications
    and built-in Windows 10 apps. It's always nice to try the troubleshooter before anything else. To use the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Download the troubleshooter on this
      link
    • Run the troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • After running the troubleshooter, restart your PC and check if your issue has been fixed.

Reset the Mail App:

Resetting or refreshing the Mail app usually resolves any issue with it. To reset the Mail app, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, search and open Apps & features.
    • Scroll down to find Mail and Calendar.
    • Select Mail and Calendar, then click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

Note: Resetting the Mail app will remove any account associated with it. No need to worry, logging your account back to the Mail app will resync your email account to the Mail app. No emails are deleted upon resetting/refreshing
      the Mail app/

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail App keeps crashing when I open an email

1. Windows 10 Mail App keeps crashing when I open an email - Similar Threads - Mail App keeps

2. Calendar app crashing when I try to open it from the Mail/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar app crashing when I try to open it from the Mail/: ACER TC-866 DESKTOPProcessor IntelR CoreTM i5-9400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usable windows 11 pro ver 22H2System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor I have done a repair in place upgrade after doing a reset of the Mail/calendar app to...
  3. Calendar app crashing when I try to open it from the Mail/

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar app crashing when I try to open it from the Mail/: ACER TC-866 DESKTOPProcessor IntelR CoreTM i5-9400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usable windows 11 pro ver 22H2System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor I have done a repair in place upgrade after doing a reset of the Mail/calendar app to...
  4. mail app keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mail app keeps crashing: Im furious right now. Im working on my email urgently and the mail app for Windows keeps on crashing. I need to send emails to my boss and I cant afford this to happen. Its working fine yesterday!...
  5. mail app keeps crashing

mail app keeps crashing: Im furious right now. Im working on my email urgently and the mail app for Windows keeps on crashing. I need to send emails to my boss and I cant afford this to happen. Its working fine yesterday!...
  6. Some apps keep crashing when i open them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some apps keep crashing when i open them: Quite a few programs crash within start up...I've tried updating my system, no success yet.Please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-apps-keep-crashing-when-i-open-them/7e829da0-b00e-41db-9b0a-68f1aea04589
  7. Windows 10 Mail App crashes when printing email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Mail App crashes when printing email: Windows 10 Build 1909 Can print from Open Office, Adobe, or any other application. When you try to print an email, the print preview screen comes up, but it only shows a blank page. It locks up then crashes/closes the app. We have tried: Changed from standard to Admin...
  8. Mail App keeps crashing

Mail App keeps crashing: Up until a few days ago the Mail app was working fine but all of a sudden It stopped working. Every time i open it it crashes a few seconds later. I have tried resetting it and uninstalling it through powershell but nothing has worked. I ended up calling Microsoft support and...
  9. Mail App crashes when viewing emails

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App crashes when viewing emails: Hello there, new to the forums, and in need of a bit of help. I've come across a strange issue where my mail app will abruptly close/crash when trying to view any emails on any accounts. As well as crashing when trying to input text into the text field of the email itself....
  10. Mail App Keeps Crashing

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App Keeps Crashing: Hi. My computer performed an automatic Windows update a couple of weeks ago and since then my Mail app keeps crashing. It will open briefly and it looks like the mail has been recently synced, but after a couple of seconds the app crashes. What can I do to fix this? I'm on...