Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail app not receiving notifications until onscreen?

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail app not receiving notifications until onscreen? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently downloaded Office and tried out Outlook, and I felt like I touched a piece of software from a decade ago so I uninstalled it. Now,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Turbulent-Tomato-890, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Mail app not receiving notifications until onscreen?

I recently downloaded Office and tried out Outlook, and I felt like I touched a piece of software from a decade ago so I uninstalled it.

Now, notifications don't work on the default Mail app anymore. I've tried turning them on and off, and nothing works. Now, I only receive notifications when I open the app on my screen (which is pointless, because that means I already have the app open.)

Anyone have any ideas or a solution?

submitted by /u/Turbulent-Tomato-890
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Turbulent-Tomato-890, Mar 28, 2021
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Mail app not receiving notifications

Hi Dave,

It seems that the Mail app is not running in the background. To show the app in the "Notifications & Actions" settings page, we suggest running it in the background. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Privacy
    • In the left pane, select Background apps.
    • Under Let apps run in the background, toggle the switch to turn on or off the background apps.
    • Once you're done, you may now turn on the Mail app in the "Notifications & Actions" settings page to get notifications.

Feel free to post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Mar 28, 2021
  3. swlabr Win User
    Windows 10 mail App, notifications

Just started using the Windows 10 mail app. Unfortunately, not receiving notifications. I checked the option to have notifications come up in the Action Center, as well as Notification banners and to play a sound. Unfortunately, not receiving notifications. In the mail app, I tried Setting it to check for messages Every 15 minutes, and based on my usage.
    I read somewhere that you can check for items "as they arrive", but this option isn't available for some reason. Is there anything anybody can suggest to try to get new message notifications to show up?

swlabr, Mar 28, 2021
  4. NemoUI Win User

Windows 10 Mail app not receiving notifications until onscreen?

Not receiving Windows 10 calendar app notifications

I am no longer receiving calendar app notifications and can't figure out why I am not. Under Windows system settings notifications and actions, Calendar, Mail and Cortana all are turned on. I am receiving notifications from my Windows 10 mail app. When
    I click on the settings gear within the mail application itself, I see a notifications section in settings list that appears, but when I click on the sections gear within the calendar app itself, I do not have a notifications section in the settings list.
    Thanks in advance for your thoughts on how I can fix this problem.

NemoUI, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail app not receiving notifications until onscreen?

1. Windows 10 Mail app not receiving notifications until onscreen? - Similar Threads - Mail app receiving

2. I receive no Notifications of a newly received Email while the Mail app Window is either...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I receive no Notifications of a newly received Email while the Mail app Window is either...: I have had the Mail app set up to send a notification through the activity center whenever a new Email came in. However for the past couple of days this has not happened at all. A new email will come in and I will not receive a notification until I have opened the Mail and...
  3. I receive no Notifications of a newly received Email while the Mail app Window is either...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I receive no Notifications of a newly received Email while the Mail app Window is either...: I have had the Mail app set up to send a notification through the activity center whenever a new Email came in. However for the past couple of days this has not happened at all. A new email will come in and I will not receive a notification until I have opened the Mail and...
  4. Mail app in Windows 10 not receiving content

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail app in Windows 10 not receiving content: I read all my mail in the Windows 10 app. Gmail company account, for example, from a business I work for. Recently, messages coming from other users in that domain are coming through with no content when they are forwarding messages to me. Any text they write to accompany the...
  5. Windows 10 Mail app not receiving attachments?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Mail app not receiving attachments?: Some emails have no attachments, especially ones sent from Gmail app where the attachment is not an inline one. Someone online suggested changing the settings in Reading pane, but it didn't work. I've changed account settings to always receive attachments, but it didn't work...
  6. I don`t receive notifications from Mail App for Windows 10

I don`t receive notifications from Mail App for Windows 10: Hello, I have 2 Gmail accounts in Mail App for Windows 10, but for none of them I receive notifications in Action Center. Notifications are allowed from Mail App for both accounts and notifications for Mail and Calendar app are also allowed from MS Settings...
  7. Not receiving Windows 10 calendar app notifications

Not receiving Windows 10 calendar app notifications: I am no longer receiving calendar app notifications and can't figure out why I am not. Under Windows system settings notifications and actions, Calendar, Mail and Cortana all are turned on. I am receiving notifications from my Windows 10 mail app. When I click on the settings...
  8. Mail app notifications.

Mail app notifications.: No notifications for my Mail app. It's greyed out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/mail-app-notifications/5a5a4f1b-a889-4e6a-9531-9e39884730c1
  9. Windows 10 mail App, notifications

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail App, notifications: Just started using the Windows 10 mail app. Unfortunately, not receiving notifications. I checked the option to have notifications come up in the Action Center, as well as Notification banners and to play a sound. Unfortunately, not receiving notifications. In the mail app, I...
  10. No Mail app notifications

in Browsers and Email
    No Mail app notifications: OK so I've found the first app I like and have converged all my web mail boxes into the Mail app which is convenient and works well, though sometimes its hard to find the download links anywhere which forces me to the web version. I get mail notification sounds on my...