Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail app not showing number of unread emails in a folder unless I click on the...

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail app not showing number of unread emails in a folder unless I click on the... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have over 50 folders set up in my hotmail account, along with many filters that direct incoming emails into those folders so that they only appear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DraconisDomini, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Mail app not showing number of unread emails in a folder unless I click on the...

I have over 50 folders set up in my hotmail account, along with many filters that direct incoming emails into those folders so that they only appear there and not in the main inbox, allowing me to easily see at a glance what the topics of new emails are (and thus make a general assessment of their importance).

I have found that the native Windows 10 Mail app does not show the number of unread emails in a folder unless I click on the folder, which clearly defeats the purpose of the set up that I have as I would need to go through checking each folder for new emails. Is there an option that would change this behaviour or is the native Windows 10 Mail app simply not capable of the behaviour I want?

:)

DraconisDomini, Oct 31, 2019

2. Can I make the email app default to the unread mail folder?

I would like the email app to default to the unread mail list on opening, is this possible?

Also when I view an email and return to the list it does not update the unread list, unless I return to the full inbox view and then back to the unread list.

Is there a real professional email app available or is this toy app the only one we get to use?

Les Ferguson, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Hikari_PL Win User
    Incorrect number of unread mails

Hello,

Started about a month ago - Mail app shows incorrect number of unread mails in a few folders.

- on outlook.com all mail are read

- in Mail app some folders display unread counter > 0 (when I go to those folders there are no unread mails at all)

- never had this problem with Widnows 8 Mail app

- also with Windows 10 there was no such problem at the very outset

Any solutions?

Hikari_PL, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Mail app not showing number of unread emails in a folder unless I click on the...

How to make Mail app always show number of unread emails?

As explained in the first post, Notification is already ON for mail app and I do get notification, but it goes away as soon as I open the Mail app.

I want it to keep showing number of unread messages after I close the Mail app as long as there is an unread emali in my inbox.

TomatoSanta, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail app not showing number of unread emails in a folder unless I click on the...

1. Windows 10 Mail app not showing number of unread emails in a folder unless I click on the... - Similar Threads - Mail app showing

2. Make Windows 10 mail show total number of unread mail for each account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make Windows 10 mail show total number of unread mail for each account: Hi,I would like to make Windows 10 Mail app on computer show the amount of unread mail for each account in all folders and not inbox only.When I receive an email which goes directly in a created folder instead of my inbox because of rules I created on Outlook, the number of...
  3. Make Windows 10 mail show total number of unread mail for each account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make Windows 10 mail show total number of unread mail for each account: Hi,I would like to make Windows 10 Mail app on computer show the amount of unread mail for each account in all folders and not inbox only.When I receive an email which goes directly in a created folder instead of my inbox because of rules I created on Outlook, the number of...
  4. Make Windows 10 mail show total number of unread mail for each account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Show number of unread items in “Junk Email” folder. mail app windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show number of unread items in “Junk Email” folder. mail app windows 10: I need to show number of unread items in “Junk Email” folder NOT a total number of items. How I can do that? This problem appears after i make reset windows 10 ....
  6. Mail Windows 10 not showing unread messages in folders until I click on them.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail Windows 10 not showing unread messages in folders until I click on them.: As the title says. Is there a way to turn on folders syncing so that when a rule moves an unread message to a folder it appears in the Mail client? For example, when I look at my email within the browser I can the Junk folder has 2 unread emails in it. When I look at the...
  7. Emails not showing in Mail unless in view.

in Browsers and Email
    Emails not showing in Mail unless in view.: A while back I had this same issue, which I was only able to fix by removing accounts, uninstalling, rebooting and setting Mail up all over again. It has happened again today. Now when a new email comes in, Mail will not show a notification or alert me at all until I click...
  8. Mail App not showing all mail, just unread.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App not showing all mail, just unread.: I'm a bit slow jumping on the Insider Preview bandwagon, and as 10 is literally around the corner I thought I'd better get some practice in so I've only just installed Windows 10 for the first time today. I'm on build 10074 and have added my hotmail account to the Mail App...
  9. Can the Mail Live Tile simply show the number of unread e-mails?

in Browsers and Email
    Can the Mail Live Tile simply show the number of unread e-mails?: Hi, This Mail Live Tile problem has bugged me for years... Unlike my phone icon which shows a number indicating the number of unread e-mails in my inbox (very straightforward), this Window app seems to insist on showing the number of newly arrived and unread e-mails since...
  10. Windows Mail App showing 9999 unread e-mails

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail App showing 9999 unread e-mails: Windows Mail App has started displaying 9999 unread e-mails in the start menu live tile and 99+ e-mails in the task bar pinned icon since the anniversary windows 10 update. Anyone got any idea how to fix it? I've been though all my e-mail folders and have no unread e-mails...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not showing received # of unread email in taskbar windows 10

2. hotmail email folder shows unread mail but no mail