Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail app not syncing with my Hotmail account - works fine on web or mobile app

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail app not syncing with my Hotmail account - works fine on web or mobile app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have two Hotmail accounts set up in Windows 10 Mail and suddenly this morning one of them no longer syncs. The animated dots run along under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MyCsPiTTa, Aug 14, 2020.

1. MyCsPiTTa Win User

Windows 10 Mail app not syncing with my Hotmail account - works fine on web or mobile app

Hi,

I have two Hotmail accounts set up in Windows 10 Mail and suddenly this morning one of them no longer syncs. The animated dots run along under the Search bar, but it still says "Nothing has arrived yet". I've got no problem with the other Hotmail account, and the affected account sends/receives just fine using the web browser or the Outlook app on my iPhone.

I've been through the virtual help agent, all the FAQs the AppDiagnostic app it sent me. I've restarted the laptop, I've removed and re-added both accounts, and I've reset the Mail app in Settings as suggested in the troubleshooting.

The only thing I know is my PC did restart last night, possibly due to a crash, who knows. I'm clear of malware and viruses as far as my AV tells me.

Any ideas?

:)

MyCsPiTTa, Aug 14, 2020
  2. Tetsu Win User

Problems with syncing on Windows 10 mail app

I have 3 accounts (2 gmail, 1 hotmail) on mail app. I can delete, move and do everything from the app without any problems.
    However, on Hotmail, if I will delete or move some mails with the browser, on the app the old (these that I deleted or moved with the browser) mails are still there like I didn't deleted or moved them with my browser. I

Does anyone else has this problem? I don't have that problem with my 2 Gmail accounts but only on my Hotmail, the old mails that I deleted from the browser are still shown on the app.
    Obviously I can delete these old emails again from the app but it would be better if they were syncing with my browser like they should normally do.

Short explanation:

• I delete or move emails from the Windows 10 mail app email: > Everything works fine. On browser I can see the changes.

• I delete or move emails from the browser: > Not working. On Windows 10 app the deleted emails and the ones I moved are still there on inbox like I didn't touched them.

Also, where I can find the location that my emails from the app are stored on the computer?

Tetsu, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Mail app says account is synced, but account not showing up in app

When I first installed Windows 10, I added two Gmail accounts to the mail app and everything worked fine. Suddenly, neither account is showing up in the app, yet when I try to re-add the account, it says it already exists. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Windows 10 Mail app not syncing with my Hotmail account - works fine on web or mobile app [​IMG]

Windows 10 Mail app not syncing with my Hotmail account - works fine on web or mobile app [​IMG]

robynjeannette, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Mail app not syncing with my Hotmail account - works fine on web or mobile app

Windows 10 mobile mail app cannot sync hotmail account

The mail app in Windows 10 mobile, insider build 10586.71 , is unable to sync mail from my Hotmail account. As this is my primary Microsoft account, I cannot delete the account from the phone to add it back in with a fresh configuration. My other e-mail
    accounts are working fine. The mail app on my windows 10 desktop, build 10486.104, works fine. When I attempt to sync, my Lumia 925 phone displays the progress dots animation for a while. Then it displays the error message, "Something went wrong. We can't
    sync right now. But you may be able to find more information about this error code at Microsoft Community. Error code: 0x80070490"

I thought I had solved the problem. I went into settings, reconfigured the account to download mail from anytime instead of from the last seven days, and the problem went away. The sync was fast, complete, and with no error message. But on the next attempted
    re-sync, the error is back!

**Post moved by Forum Moderator to the proper forum**

JoePediatrician, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail app not syncing with my Hotmail account - works fine on web or mobile app

1. Windows 10 Mail app not syncing with my Hotmail account - works fine on web or mobile app - Similar Threads - Mail app syncing

2. Accounts no longer synced with Mail for Windows 10 app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Accounts no longer synced with Mail for Windows 10 app: 3rd party accounts like gmx.com were syncing fine for years until the last updates last one is 16005.13426.20688.0. They still work fine on Outlook and Samsung Mail on my phone. I tried different IMAP and POP3 settings in the Mail app, to no avail. Is there any conflict...
  3. no hotmail in windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no hotmail in windows 10 mail app: why is my hotmail mail account not showing in windows 10 mail app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-hotmail-in-windows-10-mail-app/e79f4d31-b49d-4331-b401-97919170d4d3
  4. Can't add Hotmail account to Mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add Hotmail account to Mail app: Whenever I try to add a Hotmail account to the Mail app (which I literally just downloaded and installed from the Store), I get this error after I select the account on the screen prior: https://i.imgur.com/rWRvHVl.png What to do? The mail account exists and I can access it...
  5. Hotmail-Account has Proplem in Mail for Windows 10 App

Hotmail-Account has Proplem in Mail for Windows 10 App: Since Friday my app said that there was a problem with my Hotmail-Account but failed to repair it. Today I got frustrated and deleted the connection to the app, now when I tried to reestablish it I get an error message 0x80090027 with out any further explanation and told to...
  6. Contacts from Windows 10 Mail app not syncing to Hotmail

Contacts from Windows 10 Mail app not syncing to Hotmail: I have my Hotmail account setup in the Mail app. I fi create contacts in the Mail app, they are not syncing back to Hotmail, even though I have it setup to do so. I can go and force a sync but they never show up in Hotmail....
  7. Can't add gmail account to windows 10 Calendar app, but it works fine in Mail app

Can't add gmail account to windows 10 Calendar app, but it works fine in Mail app: I am able to add and sync my gmail account in the Windows 10 mail app just fine, but, for some reason, it doesn't work on the Calendar app. I've tried adding my account to Calendar using advanced setup and manually inputted the IMAP fields, but it still doesn't work. I've...
  8. Mail App not Syncing Mail

Mail App not Syncing Mail: I recently got a new laptop and logged into my outlook account on the default windows 10 account and it wont sync any recent emails, just emails from May 2018 and before. So could someone please help!!!...
  9. Adding another Hotmail/Outlook account to my Mail App?

in Browsers and Email
    Adding another Hotmail/Outlook account to my Mail App?: Hello, I have a Microsoft account and I am using it with Windows 10. I want to use the Windows 10 built in Mail App. It seem very nice. I added multiple Gmail and Yahoo accounts without any issue. But, finally, when I want to add more Hotmail accounts Windows...
  10. Cannot get Mail App to work with Gmail or Hotmail accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot get Mail App to work with Gmail or Hotmail accounts: Having got all of my standard stuff, including having MS Outlook handle my email accounts, sorted out; I decided to give the new Windows 10 Mail Application a try. Unfortunately I cannot get it to do a darned thing:- 1. With my Hotmail account I get error code 0x80070032....