Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail App not working - can't get past adding accounts

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail App not working - can't get past adding accounts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, when I load up the Windows 10 Mail App I am greeted with a prompt to add an account. No matter which or how many I add, Mail always reverts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AnnoyedUser69219, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Mail App not working - can't get past adding accounts

Hello,

when I load up the Windows 10 Mail App I am greeted with a prompt to add an account. No matter which or how many I add, Mail always reverts back to this screen. I am unable to access any type of settings or inbox. The part of the UI which says switch to inbox is simply greyed out and not clickable.

Upon adding my gmail or Microsoft account, I am told that it has already been added, which tells me the app is somewhat functional and registering my input - just always reverting back to the first step. I have tried to reset and reinstall the app but it has not fixed the issue.

Is this problem known or am I overlooking something? Assuming the issue isn't on my end, its quite frustrating to see what you would think is one of the most important Apps in the store to be broken. Doubly so because it apparently installs itself with the OS without asking the user first.

Thanks in advance for any replies and help.

:)

AnnoyedUser69219, Dec 1, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 Mail App not working - can't get past adding accounts :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 1, 2018
  3. raygo1975 Win User
    Windows 10 Mail app deleted all my e-mail accounts

The Windows Mail App (The e-mail client that comes with Windows 10) is where I had all my e-mail accounts setup so I just had one place to check them. All of the e-mail accounts that I had added to the client are now gone. When I open the app instead of seeing a list of my e-mail accounts I see the app as it was when I first started to use it.

Windows 10 Mail App not working - can't get past adding accounts [​IMG]

My e-mail accounts should be listed in the left hand column under Accounts.

raygo1975, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Mail App not working - can't get past adding accounts

Linking external e mail accounts to the Mail tile in Window's 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to delete and existing account that is added in Mail Tile App.

• Open the Mail Tile App.
    • Click on the Gear icon in the left bottom corner.
    • Select “Accounts” from the list.
    • Select the Account which needs to be deleted and click on “Delete”.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail App not working - can't get past adding accounts

1. Windows 10 Mail App not working - can't get past adding accounts - Similar Threads - Mail App working

2. Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.: After entering Email and password, the error occurs, i dont know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-cannot-be-added-to-windows-mail-app/78646cd5-540e-4ded-bff4-843a0ec5af05
  3. Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.: After entering Email and password, the error occurs, i dont know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-cannot-be-added-to-windows-mail-app/78646cd5-540e-4ded-bff4-843a0ec5af05
  4. Can't sign in to my work account at Mail App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to my work account at Mail App: I have a work account from my company. I try to sign in to my work account at Mail App, but I have trouble that I have to receive an email yet. The advanced mailbox setup has been corrected and I got it from my company. Until now, I can't sign in to my work account. How to...
  5. Can't sign in to my work account at Mail App

Can't sign in to my work account at Mail App: I have a work account from my company. I try to sign in to my work account at Mail App, but I have trouble that I have to receive an email yet. The advanced mailbox setup has been corrected and I got it from my company. Until now, I can't sign in to my work account. How to...
  6. Error adding Google account to Windows 10 Mail App

Error adding Google account to Windows 10 Mail App: I previously had this account set up in the Windows 10 Mail App but it stopped working once I changed my Google's account logging process to 2-step authentication. I tried deleting the account and adding it again, but when I try this, as soon as I select the type of account...
  7. Can't get Gmail to work in Windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't get Gmail to work in Windows 10 mail app: [ATTACH] I'm trying to get my dad's Gmail account on Windows 10 native mail app. I click 'add account', select 'google', enter his email, password and select a display name. Then the app just returns to the same 'Welcome to mail' screen pictured below and I can't access...
  8. Adding accounts to mail for windows 10

Adding accounts to mail for windows 10: Hi, I tried to add additional mail accounts (Settings>Manage accounts>Add accounts) but the pop-up doesn't show, and hence unable to proceed and add new accounts. Tried uninstalling and re-installing but it still didn't work. Is there another way to add the accounts? Thank...
  9. windows 10 mail app issues adding icloud/msn account

in Browsers and Email
    windows 10 mail app issues adding icloud/msn account: My icloud acccount is my MSN email address...Ive noticed in Windows 10 mail app you can add an icloud account. i tried to add my icloud account and it shows it under accounts but doesnt show it anywhere else. I assume this is because its an msn email address...My goal was to...
  10. Can't get past the "working on it" window

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get past the "working on it" window: Can't get past the "working on it" window on the prep stage. It just keeps running. For hours. What now? *Mad 16457