Windows 10: windows 10 mail app not working with yahoo email

Discus and support windows 10 mail app not working with yahoo email in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been having problems with my windows 10 mail app and my yahoo email account. My yahoo email works perfect with all my android phone/tablet mail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Donald40cal, Oct 29, 2018.

1. windows 10 mail app not working with yahoo email

I have been having problems with my windows 10 mail app and my yahoo email account. My yahoo email works perfect with all my android phone/tablet mail apps but is a nightmare with windows 10 mail app. The emails show up on windows 10 mail hours even days after I receive them on yahoo and my android devices. I send an email or have a friend send me an email and within in a minute its on yahoo and my android devices, but NOT windows 10 mail. Hours or days later it pops up. Totally useless. Son on my desktops or laptops I have to sign into Yahoo on the internet and watch all the stupid adds that are required. Help. I have had Microsoft look at it online and they cant fix it.

:)

Donald40cal, Oct 29, 2018
  2. dalem8203 Win User

How to use a Yahoo email with Mail app.

I have not seen one right post here for yahoo mail, This is an app and to work on a continuous basis, you need to create a one time app specific password. So go into yahoo, go to account security and sign in again, and then go to manage app passwords. Go to generate a one time app specific password like for an iPhone. You do not have to turn off the 2 step verification. When it asks for the app, just say windows 10 and generate. Copy and paste that password into the password for yahoo in the Windows 10 app and you are done! It will stay logged in.

dalem8203, Oct 29, 2018
  3. How to use a Yahoo email with Mail app.

FYI for Yahoo Mail users,

With the release of Windows 10, Yahoo has released a stand alone mail app for Windows 10, so you don't have to use the default mail app that's included in Windows 10 if you don't want to use it. There are two ways that you can get the Yahoo Mail App for Windows 10:

First way:

1. Launch the Windows Store app by going to the Cortana search box and type in "Windows Store" in the box.
    2. Once you have the Windows Store app launched, in the upper right corner, you will see another search box.
    3. Enter "Yahoo Mail" in this search box. It will then give you, a list of matching apps with Yahoo Mail being one of them.
    4. Click on the "Yahoo Mail" app. You will then see a description of what the app is.
    5. Click on the Install button to install the app on your computer. The app will download.
    6. Once the app finishes downloading, the "Install" box will change to "Launch." Click "Launch" to launch the app and enter your Yahoo account info.

Second Way:

1. Go to: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...l/9nblggh20c5j. This is a direct link to the app.
    2. Click on the box that says "Get the app." This should launch the Windows Store app and take you directly to the app to download.

The Yahoo Mail app is a lot like using Yahoo's web mail service, only it also functions as a default mail app for Windows 10, meaning that you can set it as the default mail app to launch when ever you click any e-mail address from a web site.

The only real issue that I've found with this app is if your ISP is either AT&T, Frontier, Verizon, or Rogers, and you log on using your ISP based e-mail address, the app doesn't work that well with these e-mail accounts like it does with the straight yahoo.com accounts. These ISP's mentioned currently contact with Yahoo to provide both their e-mail hosting and custom portal pages for their customers.

robbiestewart89, Oct 29, 2018
  4. malware Win User

windows 10 mail app not working with yahoo email

Yahoo! Offers Unlimited Email Storage

As Yahoo! Mail approaches its 10-year anniversary, the company has announced that it will begin providing Yahoo! Mail users with unlimited email storage starting in May 2007. When Yahoo! Mail launched 10 years ago, users got a 4MB of storage for their entire mailbox. Today, the company is aiming for unlimited mailboxes. Yahoo! Mail is currently the world's largest provider of email accounts. Yahoo! Mail has over 250 million global users.

Source: Yahoo!

malware, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 mail app not working with yahoo email

1. windows 10 mail app not working with yahoo email - Similar Threads - mail app working

2. YAHOO MAIL APP for windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YAHOO MAIL APP for windows 10: Hello, i 've download the YAHOO MAIL APP on my laptop windows 10 and i'm facing a log in problem. i open the app, enter my mail address and then appears a notification on my phone asking me if it me. I push the OK button and then a message appears on my laptop's screen...
  3. Mail App Not Working for YAHOO

Mail App Not Working for YAHOO: Hi,t I'm using WIN 10 HOME Version 1909 Build 18363.778. I was using Yahoo & Live mails in MAIL app. Few days ago I got error that settings needs to be updated and Yahoo mail was not syncing properly. I tried available solution on internet including uninstalling the app,...
  4. Using BT Yahoo email in Windows 10 Mail app

Using BT Yahoo email in Windows 10 Mail app: Is it possible to set Windows 10 mail to sync with BT Yahoo mail 'AS ITEMS ARRIVE' This is available with G Mail, but does not seem to be an option with BT ***Modified title from: Windows 10 Mail***...
  5. Cannot send yahoo email in mail app

Cannot send yahoo email in mail app: I am using the MS mail app and the past couple of days I cannot send emails through my yahoo account. My gmail account on the mail app is working just fine. I can send emails from my phone and through the yahoo server. I am receiving emails with no problem. Please help....
  6. Mail App would not work with Yahoo Mail

Mail App would not work with Yahoo Mail: I have my Windows 10 Mail setup to receive and send mail by way of Yahoo Mail account, its been working fine until today Dec 18, 2019. At first, I got a notification from Windows 10 that my Yahoo Mail account is outdated needs my attention so, 1. I went into the setting...
  7. Yahoo Email and Windows 10 Mail app missing a feature

Yahoo Email and Windows 10 Mail app missing a feature: I have my Yahoo account enabled in the Windows 10 email app. I also have several others from Gmail, Outlook.com, Mail.com and Comcast. When I right-click on any email in the message list for the other accounts I get the option to either "Mark as junk" or "Move to junk",...
  8. YAHOO MAIL and email apps

in Browsers and Email
    YAHOO MAIL and email apps: I see from searching there are others who have a problem similar but not the same as mine. For no reason Windows started to report that accounts in the Windows Mail app needed fixing. Google was not affected but Outlook and Yahoo were and many attempts to fix them failed. The...
  9. yahoo email on windows 10 mail

in Browsers and Email
    yahoo email on windows 10 mail: for the last 2 days i have been getting a message that my 'account needs to be updated' and asking me to update my password for my yahoo.ca email, my password doesn't work finally found a thread that advised me to delete the account and re-add it, so i put all my very...
  10. How to use a Yahoo email with Mail app.

in Browsers and Email
    How to use a Yahoo email with Mail app.: I folks, I have an Outlook account, of course, but I don't use it. Instead I use my Yahoo email, but for some reason the new app won't let me add it. Instead it only wants my Outlook email. Is there and way to add a Yahoo email? This is what I get when I select Add...