Windows 10: Windows 10 mail app on Surface Pro IV tablet opens then disappears

Discus and support Windows 10 mail app on Surface Pro IV tablet opens then disappears in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On one of the tablets I have has an issue specific to the Microsoft email icon and app. I go to "start" go down to the mail icon and click. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarcA2035, Feb 21, 2019.

1. MarcA2035 Win User

Windows 10 mail app on Surface Pro IV tablet opens then disappears

On one of the tablets I have has an issue specific to the Microsoft email icon and app.

I go to "start" go down to the mail icon and click. It launches the program and I can see email.....but then it disappears within a second. It is not running in the background.

I can log into my mail via the web, but prefer to use the on board application.

Any ideas on how I may fix or reinstall the mail application and what could be causing this issue.

Many thanks

:)

MarcA2035, Feb 21, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 mail app on Surface Pro IV tablet opens then disappears :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Feb 21, 2019
  4. Windows 10 mail app on Surface Pro IV tablet opens then disappears

New to windows 8 - just got MS surface pro

thx.can u list some interesting or very useful apps?
    packaged apps wih surface pro? which one?
    onenote form appstore?

======
    how to close already opened programs/windows one by one or all at once?

freebird_9924, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 mail app on Surface Pro IV tablet opens then disappears

1. Windows 10 mail app on Surface Pro IV tablet opens then disappears - Similar Threads - mail app Surface

2. Windows 10 pro mail app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 pro mail app: I use the Windows 10 Mail App. For the past 2 weeks have been receiving anywhere from 48 to 74 pieces of Junk mail (almost 800 total). Started about 2 weeks ago. Is there any way to add a Delete All button for Junk/Delete folders???? Computer (desktop) is updated...
  3. Tablet Surface Pro Windows 10 Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet Surface Pro Windows 10 Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.10: Dear all, I am using a Surface Pro tablet (Windows 10) and try to run Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.10. It does not work, instead it sticks to the taskbar and cannot be opened. This problem only appears on my tablet, not on my laptop (also Windows 10). Does anybody know how to...
  4. Taskbar Disappears on Surface Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar Disappears on Surface Pro: Hello, I have been having a problem on my surface pro when the keyboard is detached. I click on the keyboard icon to pop up my on screen keypad, and nothing comes up. After a few more presses, my taskbar at the bottom of the screen goes black, and I lose all control over...
  5. surface pro mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    surface pro mail: after last update the mail wont stay open. It will open for about 3 seconds then closes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-mail/b5992afa-e0ff-4d79-8487-b8d354d94697
  6. Mail app windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app windows 10 Pro: I use three accounts on my mail app on my pc, two of which are gmail account and one is my college account. Somewhere around last two months, I realised that though I still recieved e-mails on my college account, my gmail account were not recieving any e-mails. Also i could...
  7. Surface Pro 3 Cursor Disappears

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro 3 Cursor Disappears: This problem seems to be endemic. I keep thinking that each update will fix it, but it seems to be getting worse. My surface pro 3 now has a surface pro 4 type cover and I thought that would solve the problem but it hasn't. I don't use a mouse and use the touch pad...
  8. Microsoft Surface Pro Windows built-in apps not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Surface Pro Windows built-in apps not opening: I recently purchased a factory reset Microsoft Surface Pro and, upon switching on for the first time, found I could not open any of the built-in Windows apps, including Settings, Control Panel, Notifications panel, and the Action Center. Absolutely nothing happens when I...
  9. Windows 10 Mail app will not open.

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app will not open.: Three days after what appeared to be a smooth upgrade from Windows 8.1, I experienced a problem with complete loss of Start screen, Start button and Search was also none active. The only solution appeared to be to create another user account which seemed to bring things back...
  10. Disappearing Files on Surface Pro 4?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearing Files on Surface Pro 4?: I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out what's going on with a Surface Pro 4 machine running Windows 10. A user brings it to me and says he wants Webroot removed and Avast installed, which I did. He also said he was having issues with his email sending out which I couldn't...