Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail app says my account needs updating

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail app says my account needs updating in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am trying to login to my yahoo email with the Window 10 app. After I enter my details in it says "Your Yahoo account settings are out of date" and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ArcticDuck, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Mail app says my account needs updating

I am trying to login to my yahoo email with the Window 10 app. After I enter my details in it says "Your Yahoo account settings are out of date" and asks me to re-enter my password. I logged into my account from my web browser with the exact same password and it works fine. I've also tried changing my password and then re-entering it into the mail app but still no luck. Any idea why?
    Many thanks.

:)

ArcticDuck, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Robbo1ZD Win User

Windows 10 mail App needs changing from Mail Express to Outlook. Can anyone help? Sadly it loaded with Windows 10 this way.

No, You don't understand. This does not help. Windows 10 is using the wrong mail App for my Outlook mail. I need to change this but I can't change or delete the Microsoft account mail that downloaded with the Windows 10 update. When it did this windows mail
    set-up, it set-up with the wrong mail app, not outlook...Understand?

Now I cannot change it. Only later added accounts can be changed....

Just to correct. Windows 10 set my mail up with the wrong mail app, it used mail Exchange, when it should have used Outlook. I said mail express previously, when I mean't to say mail Exchange. sorry.
    Same issue though.

Robbo1ZD, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Mail- account needs updating:

Hi James, Bex,

Could you share with us a screenshot of your Advanced mailbox settings so we would know what options you have there? Also, may I know what email account needs updating? Have you also linked that account to your Gmail?

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 29, 2015
  4. ooeh Win User

Windows 10 Mail app says my account needs updating

Sadly, I have the same problem: despite entering my correct yahoo.ca password, my Windows 10 Mail app keeps on asking me to "Update the password for this account". So I cannot access my mail using the app. Hope someone can help!

5. I have exactly the same problem! - except my BT account is BTmail not BT Yahoo

mikefullstop, Aug 22, 2015
  6. wjay Win User
    Same for me on virgin media account !

wjay, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail app says my account needs updating

1. Windows 10 Mail app says my account needs updating - Similar Threads - Mail app says

2. mail keeps saying account needs attention?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mail keeps saying account needs attention?: I am trying to add my email account from a domain that I own to mail & it keeps saying the account needs attention and then I have to reenter the password, but it keeps saying account needs attention. I already did the repair the mail app. that didnt fix it either....
  3. mail keeps saying account needs attention?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mail keeps saying account needs attention?: I am trying to add my email account from a domain that I own to mail & it keeps saying the account needs attention and then I have to reenter the password, but it keeps saying account needs attention. I already did the repair the mail app. that didnt fix it either....
  4. Mail App keeps saying Aol Mail account is out of sync

Mail App keeps saying Aol Mail account is out of sync: using the Mail app on my Windows 10 laptop and I keep getting a message for my AOL account saying We Couldn't Access this Account. AOL. You might need to Update your password or give the account access to sync to this device. When I click on the little triangle with the...
  5. Windows Mail "Account Needs Updating"

Windows Mail "Account Needs Updating": Hello, Windows 1o mail tells e that my account needs updating, it tells me that I need to update my password. That doesn't work, my password is OK. I have tried instructions to check 'SSL' check boxes in advanced settings as I have seen in another thread. What do I need...
  6. SBCglobal account in Windows 10 Mail app

SBCglobal account in Windows 10 Mail app: Iam getting a me4ssage that says “We couldn't access this account. SBCglobal. You might need to update your password or give the accountpermission to sync to this device.” How do I give the account permissionto sync to this device...
  7. Gmail says need to update account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gmail says need to update account: Gmail hasn't received emails on PC (phone is fine) since 11/23 and says account needs updating. I am directed here after receiving error message 0x8007042b...
  8. Deleting a mail account in Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleting a mail account in Windows 10 Mail App: I have installed several mail accounts in Windows 10 mail like IMAP, icloud and Google mails. Suddenly they were not able to syncronise and seemed to have stopped working. I wanted to delete all the accounts and reconfigure them again, however I were not able to delete the...
  9. Windows 10 Mail app deleted all my e-mail accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app deleted all my e-mail accounts: Running Windows 10 with all current updates applied. This is the second time this has happened to me. Today I opened the windows mail app and none of my e-mail accounts are listed. I have not installed any new software and I know that I did not delete the accounts from the...
  10. Mail app says account is synced, but account not showing up in app

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app says account is synced, but account not showing up in app: When I first installed Windows 10, I added two Gmail accounts to the mail app and everything worked fine. Suddenly, neither account is showing up in the app, yet when I try to re-add the account, it says it already exists. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. [img] [img]...