Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail app says my account needs updating

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail app says my account needs updating in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am trying to login to my yahoo email with the Window 10 app. After I enter my details in it says "Your Yahoo account settings are out of date" and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ArcticDuck, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Mail app says my account needs updating

I am trying to login to my yahoo email with the Window 10 app. After I enter my details in it says "Your Yahoo account settings are out of date" and asks me to re-enter my password. I logged into my account from my web browser with the exact same password and it works fine. I've also tried changing my password and then re-entering it into the mail app but still no luck. Any idea why?
    Many thanks.

:)

ArcticDuck, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Robbo1ZD Win User

Windows 10 mail App needs changing from Mail Express to Outlook. Can anyone help? Sadly it loaded with Windows 10 this way.

No, You don't understand. This does not help. Windows 10 is using the wrong mail App for my Outlook mail. I need to change this but I can't change or delete the Microsoft account mail that downloaded with the Windows 10 update. When it did this windows mail
    set-up, it set-up with the wrong mail app, not outlook...Understand?

Now I cannot change it. Only later added accounts can be changed....

Just to correct. Windows 10 set my mail up with the wrong mail app, it used mail Exchange, when it should have used Outlook. I said mail express previously, when I mean't to say mail Exchange. sorry.
    Same issue though.

Robbo1ZD, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Mail- account needs updating:

Hi James, Bex,

Could you share with us a screenshot of your Advanced mailbox settings so we would know what options you have there? Also, may I know what email account needs updating? Have you also linked that account to your Gmail?

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 29, 2015
  4. ooeh Win User

Windows 10 Mail app says my account needs updating

Sadly, I have the same problem: despite entering my correct yahoo.ca password, my Windows 10 Mail app keeps on asking me to "Update the password for this account". So I cannot access my mail using the app. Hope someone can help!

5. I have exactly the same problem! - except my BT account is BTmail not BT Yahoo

mikefullstop, Aug 22, 2015
  6. wjay Win User
    Same for me on virgin media account !

wjay, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail app says my account needs updating

1. Windows 10 Mail app says my account needs updating - Similar Threads - Mail app says

2. windows mail says my account information is "Out of date."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows mail says my account information is "Out of date.": I just purchased a new windows 10 pc. I decided to try the included mail program. It works fine for my gmail and comcast accounts but not for my other web based pop3 accounts. I have tried deleting and re-entering the accounts to no avail. I know the accounts are fine, I...
  3. Deleting a mail account in Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleting a mail account in Windows 10 Mail App: I have installed several mail accounts in Windows 10 mail like IMAP, icloud and Google mails. Suddenly they were not able to syncronise and seemed to have stopped working. I wanted to delete all the accounts and reconfigure them again, however I were not able to delete the...
  4. Mail app ignoring my email accounts

Mail app ignoring my email accounts: In spite of having created even two different Email accounts, the Mail app only shows the "Welcome to Mail" screen asking me to add an account... What is wrong? [ATTACH]...
  5. Can't add account to my Mail app

Can't add account to my Mail app: Whenever I try to add my gmail account to windows' mail app I always get the error 0x8007042b. I already tried reinstalling the app and it still doesn't works. I have another laptop connected to the same network and it's able to sync my email flawlessly but I still can't do...
  6. mail app accounts

mail app accounts: I can't reestablish my gmail link in the mail app. 3 days ago my email accounts disappeared in the windows 10 mail app. I had a power outage, so that is probably the culprit. I have reset the mail app, but when I attempt to relink to my gmail account it fails. The message in...
  7. Sorting mail accounts in mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Sorting mail accounts in mail app: How can i sort them? Hey are sorted as i add them. 94121
  8. Windows 10 Mail app deleted all my e-mail accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app deleted all my e-mail accounts: Running Windows 10 with all current updates applied. This is the second time this has happened to me. Today I opened the windows mail app and none of my e-mail accounts are listed. I have not installed any new software and I know that I did not delete the accounts from the...
  9. Signed in to Mail app - now account is my Windows Email account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Signed in to Mail app - now account is my Windows Email account: Hi, Upgraded from Windows 7 to Win 10 and was loving it (was). Saw there was a mail app and thought that would be pretty handy. Signed in and since then, I have to log in to my PC as my email address and password. I don't want that. How do I revert my existing user...
  10. Mail app says account is synced, but account not showing up in app

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app says account is synced, but account not showing up in app: When I first installed Windows 10, I added two Gmail accounts to the mail app and everything worked fine. Suddenly, neither account is showing up in the app, yet when I try to re-add the account, it says it already exists. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. [img] [img]...