Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail app sent folder is not showing up and sync issues.

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail app sent folder is not showing up and sync issues. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to dump Outlook 2010 and move to an email client that works more efficiently. I recently started using Windows 10 Mail App and would like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GaryFerguson2, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Mail app sent folder is not showing up and sync issues.

I would like to dump Outlook 2010 and move to an email client that works more efficiently. I recently started using Windows 10 Mail App and would like to pull in all my saved emails and folders from my Google webmail domain.

Currently, only a few of my emails have populated the folders I previously created in Outlook 2010, but all my emails have not uploaded from my Gmail account.

Also, I noticed that Windows mail app doesn't show a Sent folder. I have sent emails using it, but can't seem to locate them or add a Sent folder. When I click on Folders. Under Folders, I see Outbox, Inbox and all the subfolders but no Sent folder. Also no Sent folder for any of the other 2 email accounts I have added.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

***Modified title from: My Outlook 2010 is corrupt and not working. Would like to switch to Windows 10 Mail App***

:)

GaryFerguson2, Dec 22, 2018
  2. DMO
    dmo Win User

Windows Mail - Sent Folder (Hotmail) not showing mail > 30days old

Hi All, I've searched wide and far online for an answer but have had little luck - looking to one of you for some guidance here if possible.

Issue:
    • Sent mail folder in Mail application on Windows 10 doesn't sync more than 30 days of send messages for Hotmail account.
    • Only Hotmail account affected on Mail application; other sub folders sync as far back as possible
    • Gmail account is fine - can see years of sent email

Context:
    • I have 2 accounts added to my Mail client on Windows 10 - 1 hotmail, 1 gmail
    • I have Outlook mail installed on this machine also
    • Windows 10 Pro
    • Dell Precision M3800
    • Upgraded from Windows 7 -> Windows 10

Tried:
    • Removing and readding the hotmail account
    • Tried removing and adding the account as POP3 account as well as the built in Hotmail autosetup link
    • Removed all email accounts and readded them
    • Ensured that the application has permission to access calendar (have seen this online in a few places as a possible problem maker)
    • Checked that I have my sent messages (I can see them in Outlook 2013, but not in Mail -> Sent folder)

All help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

3. cgsos Win User
    Mail app not displaying sent emails in folder

I've added an IMAP account provided by an institutional server (****@fidas.org). I've checked that sent items are stored correctly when working on Windows Live Mail or from webmail.

This is not the case with the new Windows 10 metro mail app, sent emails don't show in any of the sent folders I've created.

I've been struggling with the issue for quite a long time. My mail provider does not know where the issue might be. I believe it is somehow related to the name the windows mail app gives to the folder for sent items. If I knew the exact name of that folder I could create a folder with that name through the webmail page and finally have all of my devices properly sync.

I've talked to the technical service and they adviced me to switch to another mail provider app. I would prefer not to do that because I like the integration with People and other windows apps.

Thank you.

cgsos, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Mail app sent folder is not showing up and sync issues.

Windows 10 mail app not syncing sent folder

So I have found a hacky way to get around the arbitrary 1 month limit sync for the sent folder - even though the settings say sync all of the messages.

From the web client create a new folder called "Sent Syncing" or something, you will delete it latter on , and then on the win 10 mail app click sync circle thing on the inbox. Now under folders you should see the "Sent Syncing" folder in the mail app.

Go back to the web client and select ALL the items in the sent folder and use the "Move to" to move them to the "Sent Syncing" folder. Repeat for each page in the web client (unless there is way to show more than the 20 or so items).

Now go to the Mail app and select the "Sent Syncing" folder and click on the "sync" circle. Wait until the sync has finished. Check all the items are in there. Now use <Ctrl-A> to select all the messages in the "Sent Syncing" folder and then right click
    on one of the items and use the "Move" option to move them all to the sent folder.

Now go to the sent folder in the Mail app and click on the "sync" circle and wait for it to finish.

Now go to the Web client and check that all the items are back in the sent folder and the "Sent Syncing" folder is now empty. Delete the "Sent Syncing" folder.

Now you have all the sent messages on your mail app. Any new message sent will be synced but it looks like the Mail app does not remove items that are > 1 month old so they remain

Of course if the data gets removed from your PC or you delete/add the account you will have to repeat. Also it does not work if you send a message with the web client and don't start your mail App for 1 month.

No idea if this will help people but Microsoft please fix the damn Mail app if you want people to move off WLM 2012.

Grandpa666, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail app sent folder is not showing up and sync issues.

1. Windows 10 Mail app sent folder is not showing up and sync issues. - Similar Threads - Mail app sent

2. Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app: I have just purchased a new laptop windows 11, and used the windows mail app to set up my 2 gmail accounts. I have an issue however that when i send a mail, it is sent and received without issue, however the sent email does not save into the sent folder.I have logged into the...
  3. Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app: I have just purchased a new laptop windows 11, and used the windows mail app to set up my 2 gmail accounts. I have an issue however that when i send a mail, it is sent and received without issue, however the sent email does not save into the sent folder.I have logged into the...
  4. Sent mail not syncing

Sent mail not syncing: Hi, I am using you Mail and Calendar App. Whenever I am sending an email through my Gmail account, the sent mail is not showing in app and neither in Gmail's sent folder. I tried to re-create the problem with Yahoo mail but Yahoo is working fine. Please suggest what...
  5. Windows 10 mail app - Sent Mail folder problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 mail app - Sent Mail folder problem: This problem started about a week ago. This problem is happening on my desktop computer and a Surface Pro X. The desktop was updated to win 2004 about a week ago but the Surface is still version 1909. I use the Windows 10 mail application. I have two gmail accounts and a...
  6. Windows 10 Mail App - Sent Items Won't Sync

Windows 10 Mail App - Sent Items Won't Sync: I have a Dell desktop PC that I bought approx 3 years ago. I have been running the Windows 10 Mail App on it since I first bought it. The App version is 16005.12827.20290.0 I use the app to access two separate Gmail accounts. Recently the app has stopped showing sent...
  7. Windows 10 Mail not saving sent mail in Sent Mail folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail not saving sent mail in Sent Mail folder: Over the past week we wife & I have noticed that Windows 10 Mail is not saving our sent mails in the Sent Mail Folder. This was working previously. Has anyone else noticed this? Has there been a recent system update which may have introduced this problem?...
  8. Windows Mail won't sync Gmail Sent Mail folder

Windows Mail won't sync Gmail Sent Mail folder: There was an earlier thread (Nov-Dec 2018) authored by PA Bear - MS MVP. I have tried what he suggested without success. Here is another case. I have a brand new HP Spectre laptop and all Windows updates are up to date. I've added three mail accounts to Windows Mail...
  9. My hotmail signature is not showing up in Mail app it shows "Sent from Mail for Windows 10"...

My hotmail signature is not showing up in Mail app it shows "Sent from Mail for Windows 10"...: Hi Microsoft, My hotmail signature is not showing up in Mail app it shows "Sent from Mail for Windows 10" insted. I want to get my signature to be reflected on app from my hotmail account without re-configuring it on Mail app. Thank You...
  10. Outlook 2016 doesn't show sent mail in sent mail folder

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 doesn't show sent mail in sent mail folder: Hi there I have 2 Windows VM's testing different releases of OFFICE (one with Office 2010 and the other with Office 2016 installed) Basic edition of Windows is identical -- the same VM "cloned" and on 1 I installed office 2010 (plus service packs) and on the other I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook app w10 sent or sent items

2. sent folder not showing

3. windows 10 mail sent folder

4. mail for windows 10 not showing sent emails,
  5. sent mail is not showing up in email folder,
  6. windows mail sent items not showing,
  7. windows 10 sent emails not showing,
  8. outlook folders not visible windows 10 mail,
  9. sent email dont sync unless i click on the folder,
  10. windows 10 mail not showing sent emails,
  11. sent mail not showing in windows 10 mail,