Windows 10: Windows 10 mail app - Sent Mail folder problem

Discus and support Windows 10 mail app - Sent Mail folder problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This problem started about a week ago. This problem is happening on my desktop computer and a Surface Pro X. The desktop was updated to win 2004 about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnWilcox49, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 mail app - Sent Mail folder problem

This problem started about a week ago. This problem is happening on my desktop computer and a Surface Pro X. The desktop was updated to win 2004 about a week ago but the Surface is still version 1909.

I use the Windows 10 mail application. I have two gmail accounts and a school account. The following problem only happens with the gmail accounts.

If I send an e-mail it is received by the recipient but there is no copy of the e-mail in my Sent Mail folder. E-mails sent prior to a week ago to this starting are all present in the Sent Mail folder.

I went online to google mail and sent e-mail from the google mail on-line app and it does appear in my Windows 10 mail app Sent Folder. But e-mails that I have sent from Windows 10 mail over the past week are not in the Gmail App Sent Folder

If I send an e-mail from my school account using Windows 10 mail app, the e-mail will appear in my Windows 10 mail sent folder for that account.

I have deleted and reinstalled the g-mail accounts but the problem persists.

Please help!

:)

JohnWilcox49, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Hitman Win User

E mail problem

Hello
    This is a weird thing going on with my wife's e mail a little hard to explain.
    We are with time.Warner/spectrum
    I have asked at there sites and searched on lone put no real info.
    Windows 10 e mail app is Windows live mail

Ok here we go
    I set it all up ports and security and ports it is all working
    DownLoads the required folders sends and recieves mail all is good.
    It will be working for days even weeks and then all of a sudden the whole account is gone.
    All folders emails saved and deleted all gone.
    This have happened a few times now at least 4 or 5 times 2 times in the last month.

Is there a virus or malware or something that is doing this. ?
    Every time it has happened I do change the password.
    She has another account with verizon that still works and have np with.

Any suggestions or advise please
    Thaks
    Ruben

Hitman, Jun 17, 2020
  3. DMO
    dmo Win User
    Windows Mail - Sent Folder (Hotmail) not showing mail > 30days old

Hi All, I've searched wide and far online for an answer but have had little luck - looking to one of you for some guidance here if possible.

Issue:
    • Sent mail folder in Mail application on Windows 10 doesn't sync more than 30 days of send messages for Hotmail account.
    • Only Hotmail account affected on Mail application; other sub folders sync as far back as possible
    • Gmail account is fine - can see years of sent email

Context:
    • I have 2 accounts added to my Mail client on Windows 10 - 1 hotmail, 1 gmail
    • I have Outlook mail installed on this machine also
    • Windows 10 Pro
    • Dell Precision M3800
    • Upgraded from Windows 7 -> Windows 10

Tried:
    • Removing and readding the hotmail account
    • Tried removing and adding the account as POP3 account as well as the built in Hotmail autosetup link
    • Removed all email accounts and readded them
    • Ensured that the application has permission to access calendar (have seen this online in a few places as a possible problem maker)
    • Checked that I have my sent messages (I can see them in Outlook 2013, but not in Mail -> Sent folder)

All help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

4. johnei Win User

Windows 10 mail app - Sent Mail folder problem

Windows 10 mail app sent e-mails folders

I seem to have 3 folders listed under my account which receive (or not) sent e-mails. When I send an e-mail from Windows 10 mail app it seems to be random as to whether it ends up in 'sent' , 'sent messages' or 'sent items'. This is annoying as I have
    to search all three folders if I am looking for a particular sent e-mail. Is there any way of forcing Windows 10 mail to use just one? What happens if I delete 2 of these folders? will Windows 10 mail app use the remaining one or simply re-create all three
    folders? I have not tried this as I do not want to lose messages that are distributed between all three folders. Thanks for any help on this

johnei, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 mail app - Sent Mail folder problem

1. Windows 10 mail app - Sent Mail folder problem - Similar Threads - mail app Sent

2. Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app: I have just purchased a new laptop windows 11, and used the windows mail app to set up my 2 gmail accounts. I have an issue however that when i send a mail, it is sent and received without issue, however the sent email does not save into the sent folder.I have logged into the...
  3. Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app: I have just purchased a new laptop windows 11, and used the windows mail app to set up my 2 gmail accounts. I have an issue however that when i send a mail, it is sent and received without issue, however the sent email does not save into the sent folder.I have logged into the...
  4. Windows 10 Mail- Problem viewing attachments in sent mail

Windows 10 Mail- Problem viewing attachments in sent mail: I use the above Mail system to send emails frequently with attachments. No prob;em sending them. But sometimes I need to check a detail in the attachment of a sent email. But when I look at the sent email for the attachment I get:- External Email: Do not open any links or...
  5. Windows 10 Mail app duplicate sent mails

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Mail app duplicate sent mails: title submitted by /u/xFinal_boss6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ipm85s/windows_10_mail_app_duplicate_sent_mails/
  6. windows 10,Mail app,sent mail.

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10,Mail app,sent mail.: i could not get updated cannot see the sent mails, that i am sending them using Mail app, neither i could see them in any other gmail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10mail-appsent-mail/37a02e20-4d0e-4559-9128-c090ccc909a2
  7. windows mail app sent mail problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows mail app sent mail problem: Sent mails are not showing in sent mail folder in windows mail and calendar app. Sometimes it is shown in spam folder. Please tell best possible solution for this problem as soon as possible....
  8. window 10 sent mail app

window 10 sent mail app: I would like to email adviser philc43,to thank him,I saw a reply to someone with same problem I had with mail app,sent items,I followed what he wrote,now app working ok,so if someone has his email address I would be grateful,or pass on my thanks,after trying many other...
  9. Windows 10 Mail not saving sent mail in Sent Mail folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail not saving sent mail in Sent Mail folder: Over the past week we wife & I have noticed that Windows 10 Mail is not saving our sent mails in the Sent Mail Folder. This was working previously. Has anyone else noticed this? Has there been a recent system update which may have introduced this problem?...
  10. Windows Mail Sent folder

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail Sent folder: When I send a mail ,using the Windows Mail App, it sends OK but instead of seeing it in the Sent folder it appears in the Spam folder instead. Also if I click on "not spam" it then appears in my Inbox. This only occurs when sending with my Gmail address. Sending with either...